PDA

View Full Version : conan demo reviews

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
10-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey guys I just made this thread to hear some other gamers, opinion on the demo and what Ur expectations are towards the game. and to hear any new things they might of added..
.................................................................................................... ..............................
IDK if u guys have tried the demo, I did last night and I wanted to keep on playing, I thought the game graphically was awesome I like the character to character automatic actions that happen if he slices a person. He acknowledges that he split him in half if he chops Ur head he comments on that too. I think graphically on the cinematic aspect I wish they would of given it that 300 cinematic feel to it or at least come close, cause it feels a bit old school when they talk (by that I mean mouth gestures)... umm the one thing I couldn’t stand is how awkward I felt with the buttons. (Might have been the fact it was a demo idk u tells me). However, I did enjoy the fact he can carry 3 swords or 1 or w/e and do different tactics with it. Not sure if he can grab a player and throw him (haven’t tried it)<~~ personally I hope he can rip them apart like some kind of barbarian superman... there are a lot of background interactions which I love. The music was very epic I enjoyed the game
Umm overall on demo ill say 8.5 ............. let me explain my score.

GRAPHICS-- (in game awesome (I enjoy the gears of war touch by having body parts and blood going on the screen), 10
Cinematic-improve... not bad just felt like they where all robots.) 8

Sound
And
Music-- (very epic... even from the point where it says start demo to in game...in game sounds Conan expressing his actions, character conversations where all great.10

Controls-- (they where average...)--7

What I would of liked to have seen.... ((More attributes towards the character... I remember the Conan the barbarian cartoons and he had a bunch of attributes ... (which in all honesty he picked up along the way) however I wanted to see him use it. on this demo...

By the way... (I hope I don’t get ridiculed) I thought the game was trying to be like god of war...Which is not a bad thing to copy and idea put a bit of urn own touches and create a great game for 360... (In my opinion I hope it’s exactly like god of war. that will be the only game ill ever, give credit to POS for.)
BY THE WAY... I didn’t do any actual research on the game before posting this so don’t hold it against me please. (Even though u will)

wasabi_
10-10-2007, 01:13 PM
No offense meant, but is English your first language?

Variation-XBA
10-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Just because there's blood and dismembering, does not mean it's trying to be God of War.

I enjoyed the demo, I played through it twice even before deleting it.

Seems like it'll be a really fun rental, but as a purchase, I'm not sure. Maybe if they let us choose some of the unlockables that would have helped.

And it SO shoulda been Arnold :cool:

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
10-10-2007, 10:16 PM
No offense meant, but is English your first language?

yes it is dude..,,lol sorry for the grammer i have an hour lunch brake i type fast...

Ainokeatoo
10-11-2007, 12:45 AM
yes it is dude..,,lol sorry for the grammer i have an hour lunch brake i type fast...

-_- It doesn't take much time to type that... Bleh but whatever

This was a fun demo, this game in no way is going to try and copy god of war there are huge differences between this, and god of war. IMHO I hate when people try to compare games to others just because they have very very minor likenesses... Gears is a tactical shooter, conan doesn't even pick up a bow, god of war is a dude fighting gods *hence the name*, conan is fighting little girly men...

My review?

Graphics - Could be better but this is a demo, graphics aren't going to look good, so until the game comes out. 7/10

Sound And Music - I didn't like the music after the second play through, got annoying, as for the voices, unless it was my console, it was a slight bit off but I did love the dialog which boosted it from what I was going to give it. 6.5/10

Controls - They were good, although the whole parrying thing pissed me off, took forever to do one parry although after executed it was awesome. But all in all I'd give it a decent rating because the controls weren't horrible. 7/10

Cut Scene - Yes this could fall under graphics but shush, anyways the cut scene in the beginning it's graphics were not at all the best, the character models graphics again were not the best, the ladies bow could use a bit more work because that didn't even look good. But whatever. 5/10

Gameplay - Incredibly fun despite the other things I enjoyed playing this, it might be a rental or a buy, its up on the fence for me, but either way it's fun, I enjoyed this thoroughly. I mean who doesn't like to be a goliath sized man dawning a huge ass sword or two swords or even one sword that kills you before you see him swing. 8/10

What I would want to see? Not more abilities, that's just fine, maybe a bigger diversity of weapons? I mean yeah this may not be all the weapons we could use but I mean lets use bows or something, conans a barbarian, let him use all the weapons :).

Anyways don't listen to me if you don't want to, play the demo for yourself get your own experience for this game.

predatorprime
10-11-2007, 05:18 AM
I give the game about a 4 out of 10...

Reasons -

The Graphics were mediocre at best. Everything was based of of stiff "canned" animations, and the character models looked like a original Xbox character model with some nicer textures.

The Gameplay was poorly thought out and repetitive. Now before you flame me I understand that its a beat'em up. The issue is that in this millennium we incorporate this fantastic thing called diversity...you know, where theres more than 2 different attacks to do. I also found the controls lagged a bit compared to other games in the genre, which hurt a lot since sometimes you have a matter of seconds before your attack window is gone.

The limited dialog in the demo was comical at best... I don't think I need to say why, it was just pretty bad.

I agree that if your a beat'em fan than this is a definite rental, but I think this game shouldn't be purchased unless you just like to collect games.

Ainokeatoo
10-11-2007, 06:38 PM
You know with such poor ratings it's almost sad... Wasn't this a long awaited game of few here?

ChessPieceFace
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
You know with such poor ratings it's almost sad... Wasn't this a long awaited game of few here?

No your referring to Age of Conan the MMO coming out in March/Spring.

Ainokeatoo
10-11-2007, 11:45 PM

Ah, I stand corrected.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
10-12-2007, 07:53 AM

ohh wow didnt know know that, i thought this was the only conan coming out.. anyone getting the other conan anyways?

Variation-XBA
10-12-2007, 09:56 AM
ohh wow didnt know know that, i thought this was the only conan coming out.. anyone getting the other conan anyways?

Depends, they haven't given all the info yet, and no beta to try

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
10-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Depends, they haven't given all the info yet, and no beta to try

I read some stuff on age of conan, isnt it supposed to be like fable meets oblivion..?

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
10-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow, i thought more people would of liked the demo...., I read repetitive..(in the sense of fighting styles I cant see it) the graphics look like xbox 1 (in cinematic I agree..(someone made a comment regarding the bow and arrow and I thought the same thing))… I don’t know something about this game still makes me want to go and buy it. I saw some cinema tics on ign on conan it and they look different than the game I wonder if maybe they upgraded the cinema aspect.. How many of you guys would buy this game..?

TheCovenant
10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
hated it. gameplay was boring, all i had to do was tap X the whole time, nothing cool happened no cool animations, nothing. and the sound engineer must be deaf, the lack of music makes each battle seem uninspired, boring at best. id rate this demo a 4/10 also, someone in here said someting about music, strange cause i didnt hear any at all. maybe its my copy, but i didnt hear anything in terms of music.

mattgame
10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I thought it was fun but nothing I would spend 60 bucks for. Maybe a weekend rental nothing more.