PDA

View Full Version : pgr!wreckless!or rallisport!whichone?

mr sinister
03-04-2002, 04:35 AM
hi there my fellow gamers, i am soon 2 b one of the many crones who sit infront of our tvs all nite and play with our black boxs, as im in ausland and its not out here yet i will have to be content with the little black box that lyes next to me at nite. but getting to my question? i have decided 2 get either pgr,wreckless or rallisport along with a few other games i just dont know which one to get, i hear pgr has fantastic graphics but does it have the gameplay to go with it. could anyone that owns these games please help me out.

Bundy
03-04-2002, 06:24 AM
PGR is an amazing game. I love it and have played many hours on it. I also have Rallisport on preorder and can't wait to add it to my collection.

OXM and many members have said Wreckless is very short, so I would rent it instead of buying that one. Plus Wreckless has no multiplayer support.

With out having played rallisport yet, I can not tell you which is better. OXM gave rallisport an 8.6, while PGR got like a 9 or 9.1. I don't see many people being disappointed with either game. PGR does take some patience in the beging, but it is worth it.

doctorrevill
03-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey, its a Flag City representative!

I have played PGR for quite a bit. It is really fun. There are quite a few cars. However it is a 'dark' game. Everything is really dark, some races are run at night. While I enjoy the night race here or there, I am not sure I like the overall darkness of the game. I have Rallisport, and it is a toughy. If you enjoy a challenge Rallisport is good. The graphics are better in Rallisport, however I would say that is due to the environment, its always in the great outdoors rather than in cities like in PGR. Ideally you should get both of them! But get Rallisport to show off with.

Woocifer
03-08-2002, 12:29 PM
Wreckless is junk, I hate the game. Its short, its constrictive in time, and the graphics look a little fuzzy.

PGR is great, it's longer than Rallisport, has a little more options than Rallisport but lacks in terms of direction. There are a billion little things you have to do instead of one giant point system race like Rallisport.

Rallisport looks amazing, better than PGR, but could be a little shorter and little less in term of options that PGR, but both of these games you can have your own soundtrack, which is amazing, should be in EVERY racing game.

I have both so I dunno what to decide. I know as soon as I started to get into PGR I couldn't stop for at least 3 weeks straight. Rallisport I've had for 3 days now and am finding it tough, but I love it. I'm still trying to get out of the first section of the career races. When you beat certain sections and races, you get new cars and tracks open up.

I love em both. I say buy Rallisport though, wait till PGR is old and costs less. Or buy PGR used now for less and wait till Rallisport is used.

Either way you're going to get two great arcade racers that are really fun. Don't go in with expectations and you'll be stunned with how well they will either play or will look. The depth comes in when you want to beat the racers at their own game or personal achievement.

Anyway you won't go wrong with either of them. At least I haven't.

But Rallisport has been my best buy since Halo and that was 16 games ago at the launch that I got Halo.

Niner Six
03-13-2002, 05:23 PM
I've played all three and in my opininon Wreckless is not all that it's hyped up to be, PGR is a solid racer with great graphics but RalliSport simply beats both in graphics and gameplay...I'm sure some will agree and some will disagree. Just my opinion.

greggp666
03-13-2002, 11:18 PM
i have all 3 of these games and like them all . each game has it pro's and con's. but all are great games to own. but thats my 2 cents. have fun with any one of the games you get .they are all good.

tech
03-19-2002, 05:41 PM
I have all three also but PGR is the first game I bought for my Xbox and it is still the game I play the most.

leadslinger
03-21-2002, 10:03 PM
I have to agree with Niner Six, PGR is solid, but I would take Ralli Sport if I had to choose. I own both. I rented Wreckless, and I was a little disappionted.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-02-2002, 05:22 PM
Well i've played all of these games, and IMO Rallisport is the best of the three, because it simply provides the best gameplay of the three:cool:

Untill next time...:mad: