PDA

View Full Version : GH2 is Hard

NiNeBReaKeR
10-14-2007, 11:46 PM
I finally beat guitar hero 2 on hard mode and it feels good. Going to start expert mode soon and was wondering if anyone has beat it yet or has any other guitar hero comments they would like to post.

Kraft
10-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Just about to finish up hard mode myself. I've already done the first two sets on expert. I actually find it fun to go back to earlier hard songs that used to give me trouble and tear through them. This is definately one game where your learning curve is extremely obvious.

FatBox
10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I beat it on expert a while ago, took me a long time to beat Carry Me Home and Psychobilly Freakout. I also beat Jordan on expert and got the kick the bucket reward. I 5 starred all the hard songs and 5 starred all but like 7 expert songs. I haven't played since like August though.

MXracer721
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm workin on beating it through on Expert. I do quick play most of the time to play w/e songs I want though but I do a song here and there on the single player.

TheCovenant
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
im working on getting the "five stars on every song" acheivement.that ones taken me a few months now....then again, my addiction to that game is on again, off again (same goes for oblivion).

Ninjermy
10-16-2007, 09:34 AM
beat all songs on expert except.. jordan and seven.. i think?
cant remember..
havent played in a month

Kraft
10-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Well I got my best friend and wife hooked on this game now. Funny thing is I actually got them hooked because I'm gonna need a couple people who can play guitar for Rock Band in a while :) may as well get them practiced up while I can!

l Maximus l
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
When does GH3 come out? I'm still debating on getting this versus Rock Band.....

FatBox
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
When does GH3 come out? I'm still debating on getting this versus Rock Band.....

GH3 comes out on Oct. 28. I'm getting both, they're both great.

FatBox
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Btw... http://youtube.com/watch?v=E74mbHOPhXM

MXracer721
10-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Btw... http://youtube.com/watch?v=E74mbHOPhXM
jesus ****in christ if that's real thats awesome

FatBox
10-17-2007, 02:33 PM
jesus ****in christ if that's real thats awesome

It's real, it was done by one of the best in the world known by PriestMLH, plus you can hear him strumming in the background.

l Maximus l
10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
It's real, it was done by one of the best in the world known by PriestMLH, plus you can hear him strumming in the background.

That's freakin' amazing! My eyes couldn't keep up with that, let alone my fingers! Wow....just wow....

NiNeBReaKeR
10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
wow fatbox how do you beat jordan on expert thats just crazy. This game really needs xbox live multiplayer so we can play together.

also nice video, that song has my biggest weakness which struming really fast playing notes that are so close their touching each other. i seriously have a hard time struming fast and had a hard time beating mirsilou on hard mode because of it. I love this game and will try to beat expert,im 12 out of 48 so far .

FatBox
10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
wow fatbox how do you beat jordan on expert thats just crazy. This game really needs xbox live multiplayer so we can play together.

also nice video, that song has my biggest weakness which struming really fast playing notes that are so close their touching each other. i seriously have a hard time struming fast and had a hard time beating mirsilou on hard mode because of it. I love this game and will try to beat expert,im 12 out of 48 so far .

If you can't strum fast then you're going to die on Misirlou on expert. Try strumming up and down if you don't already, it helps a lot for fast songs like this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=EGKMOs5jtzQ&mode=related&search=

NiNeBReaKeR
10-17-2007, 03:15 PM
i just threw up on myself..... also no i always just strum with my thumb.

FatBox
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
i just threw up on myself..... also no i always just strum with my thumb.

Unless your thumb is faster than light, then you're going to have to learn to how to strum up and down for Misirlou. That's when I had to learn too.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
damn... alright then i guess i have no choice

Bakeman
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I can do the strumming up and down.. but I seem to go to fast.. my problem is just finding the rhythm when it's going that fast

Variation-XBA
10-17-2007, 10:26 PM
That Dragonforce song in GH3 puts that to shame imo. Can't wait for GH3 and RB! :D

NiNeBReaKeR
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Tis going to be sweet brotha.

FatBox
10-18-2007, 02:46 PM
That Dragonforce song in GH3 puts that to shame imo. Can't wait for GH3 and RB! :D

Omg that song is going to be like 10 times harder than Jordan. It's supposed to have over 1 million points worth just playing the song alone. Which means over 2 million on co-op.

NiNeBReaKeR
10-18-2007, 05:42 PM
10 times harder then jordan.....**gulp**:midget:

36 out of 48 expert songs,im gonna go play some more.

hansard85
10-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I recommend cutting on hyperspeed as soon as you can, you wont regret it later.

Infraredragon
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
Whoa... http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY

Variation-XBA
10-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Whoa... http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY

Yup, that's the one

NiNeBReaKeR
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Just wanted to say that i beat GH2 on expert about 2 weeks ago finnaly! Hooray for me. And i wouldnt have ever beaten mirsilou if it wern't for priests video because i could here his struming in the backround lol. Also Hanger 18 was hard as hell at the ending solos WoWzA! Anyways im pretty damn proud of myself and will be picking up GH3 whenever i can save up enough money since my account is $100 negative and i owe $500 to rent money... O well.

Kraft
12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Just wanted to say that i beat GH2 on expert about 2 weeks ago finnaly! Hooray for me. And i wouldnt have ever beaten mirsilou if it wern't for priests video because i could here his struming in the backround lol. Also Hanger 18 was hard as hell at the ending solos WoWzA! Anyways im pretty damn proud of myself and will be picking up GH3 whenever i can save up enough money since my account is $100 negative and i owe $500 to rent money... O well.

GH3 is definitely a trip. I think it's a lot more fun overall when compared to GH2, but I swear it has to have the HARDEST list of achievements I have ever come across in a 360 game so far. I am barely managing to scrape up even the easiest of achievements.

MXracer721
12-04-2007, 06:39 PM
GH3 is definitely a trip. I think it's a lot more fun overall when compared to GH2, but I swear it has to have the HARDEST list of achievements I have ever come across in a 360 game so far. I am barely managing to scrape up even the easiest of achievements.

Is it just me, or does GH3 seem harder to play on Expert than on GH2?

NiNeBReaKeR
12-05-2007, 11:52 AM

If anybody knows a place where i can get the game seperately without ANOTHER 360 guitar controler, then i might be able to pick it up sooner. I heard you can use the guitar from GH2 for GH3 so i dont really see the point in having two, expecially since noone will play against me because im too good (which im not that good compaired to alot of you guys).

MXracer721
12-05-2007, 05:02 PM
If anybody knows a place where i can get the game seperately without ANOTHER 360 guitar controler, then i might be able to pick it up sooner. I heard you can use the guitar from GH2 for GH3 so i dont really see the point in having two, expecially since noone will play against me because im too good (which im not that good compaired to alot of you guys).

The day I got GH3 they had the game only for sale and Gamestop. It's out there and shouldn't be that difficult to find. I bought the new guitar because I wanted a wireless guitar, which I think it's bull**** they didn't off the wireless one for GH2, which only came out like 9 months ago. I think the wireless guitar is built a lot better than the X-plorer one anyways, so I'm glad I bought it.

Variation-XBA
12-06-2007, 09:52 PM
You're allowed to talk to me when you can do Jordan on Expert ;)