PDA

View Full Version : Free Looney Tunes Cartoon On Marketplace

Wiseguy
10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
"What's Opera Doc" is a free download starting today

Posted by my man Tony H from www.gamerscoreblog.com

Starting today, Warner Bros. has more than 50 classic Looney Tunes episodes added to Xbox Live Marketplace, including a free episode of "What's Opera Doc?".

Variation-XBA
10-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Not for Canadians :(

SpaceGhost2K
11-03-2007, 03:56 AM
For those who haven't checked this out yet... a few years ago, over a thousand members of the animation industry were asked to compile their top fifty animated short cartoons of all time. "What's Opera, Doc?" was in almost every Top Ten and was easily #1 of them all.

Chuck Jones and the rest of the workerbees at the old Termite Terrace knew they had something special with this one. Disney had released Fantasia, setting a new standard for animated films. Jones knew he had to jab at it, but also knew an "average" cartoon wouldn't cut it. Employees worked off the clock and even doctored their time cards, basically "stealing" budgeted time from a simpler Road Runner cartoon, in order to devote more time to "What's Opera, Doc?"

The story is basically a fourteen hour opera condensed into a seven minute cartoon. It's not the funniest (that would be "Duck Amuck," IMO) nor is it the best story (that would be "One Froggy Evening," again, IMO). But it's everything that makes a cartoon what it is, all coming together to make the perfect cartoon.

You owe it to yourselves to check it out.

I don't have the whole list of Looney Tunes here in front of me, but if they're available on Marketplace, I would recommend:

Duck Amuck - Daffy is tormented by an unknown entity.
One Froggy Evening - Michigan J. Frog's only appearance.
Fast and Furrious - Wile E. Coyote's unfaltering support of the ACME Corporation's inventions.
For Scentimental Reasons - Pepe Le Pew woos the felines.
Robbin (or Robin) Hood Daffy - Yoiks and away!
Knighty Knight Bugs - Idjit Dragon! Yosemite Sam and Bugs Bunny in days of old.
Don't Give Up The Sheep - Ralph Wolf (aka Wile E. Coyote) vs. Sam Sheepdog.
Feed The Kitty - A macho bulldog (Marc Antony) tries to keep a kitten (*****foot) hidden from his owner who has forbidden him to bring anything into the house.

There's a lot of younger people out there who never got to enjoy these on television like some of us older folk. Spend the two bucks on Duck Amuck or One Froggy Evening, and you'll understand why you can see these a thousand times, and watch them one more time, every time.

Kamshaft
11-03-2007, 08:53 AM
My personal favorite...."Wet Hare", with Blacque Jacque Shellacque

SpaceGhost2K
11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
My personal favorite...."Wet Hare", with Blacque Jacque Shellacque

That's just 'cause of your Frenchness. Wee wee silver plate?

Conchord
11-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Looney Tunes is the best cartoon ever, no matter what age or generation.

Reclaimer
11-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Is What's Opera Doc the one that features The Barber of Seville? I think that's my favorite one.