PDA

View Full Version : WWF... I actualy had some fun

Chr0nik
03-04-2002, 11:27 AM
Maybe it was cause I was really sick this weekend, or maybe it was cause I was bored out of my mind but I managed to have some fun with WWF raw this weekend.

Up to now this game had been the biggest disappointment in all of my Xbox library besides Formula 1 racing. I had anticipated this games for so long that when I popped in the final product I was revolted by the lack of effort and features presented by THQ and this game quickly gained a place on my coffee table.

This weekend I decided to give this game one last chance.

I popped it in and tried to give this game a clean slate in my mind, I pretended like I had never seen any previews and I never read any articles about it.

Needless to say, 4 hours later I was still playing it.

Don't get me wrong, I still do not approve of the mess THQ presented us with, I am simply trying to fulfill the 90 dollar void I now have in my bank account as a result of this purchase.

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Chronik!! :eek: Say it isn't so!! :eek: Please tell us that you hated WWF!! :eek:

hehe...wow, has hell frozen over or something? :confused: ............ :D

RudedogX
03-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Chronik
Maybe it was cause I was really sick this weekend

You still runnin' that fever I see!:eek:

Chr0nik
03-04-2002, 11:39 AM
It just got a little chilly.

Please let me clarify that I do not LOVE Raw, I still dislike it, I am just trying to make the best out of a sad situation.

I am amusing myself by fighting for the womens championship using 4 foot midget CAW's. That sort of thing. I am trying to exploit the good things in RAW, which there are not many I might add.

This game overall still blows.

Gameplay is weak, I mean come on, I am on a furious offensive rage, I pin my opponent, she kicks out, I stay on the floor like I just received a DDT and she pummels my ass with a series of 5 to 6 consecutive moves and goes for the PIN.

What wrestler is dazed after a PINOUT..

NOBODY, not even the Hulkster....

tech
03-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Yeah RAW single player kindof sucks. But this weekend with 3 of my buddies, RAW was an blast. Its is so FUN with a 4 on 4 battle royal, a triple threat match, etc... Talk smack and beating your buddies. It was a great game for that fact alone.

redrum237
03-04-2002, 01:07 PM
i always have fun with RAW, but ialo of the times disagree wit the populr opion. i LOVED Azurik, RAW is great and i dont like DOA3, boodwake, so i normaly dont agree with the revewis on games, except for HALO :p

Kleen
03-04-2002, 02:34 PM
I like RAW. I think people who claim it's "the worst game EVER" are just childish or expected Anchor to make a game that looked amazing, played incredibly, and had even more features than SmackDown. This just isn't possible in one year, especially when the developer has never made a wrestling game before. Not to mention that this is a totally new engine. The first SmackDown & WCW(No Mercy) were built on the engines of japanese wrestling series.

The four month delay plus lack of features didn't help garner any love for RAW, either. But these things happen. Next year RAW 2 better not suck or be late. Then again, SmackDown is up to #3, and it still sucks. RAW needs to tweak the engine, work on the AI, and add all standard SmackDown features.

If you're getting worked & pinned by women, I've got one suggestion: hit the **** buttons faster. I play on hard, and if your box is blinking the CPU will try to pin you anytime you fall down. And since you go down from one kick or hard punch when you're blinking fast, your hands will get tired from kicking out all the time. Most of the time it's my own fault. The matches will drag out because I'm trying to put the CPU through every table I can find. Except one time I had a 42 minute KOR championship match APA vs. the Hardyz. God**** CPU Hardyz refused to stay down. Next year, they need to make how bad you're box is blinking factor in A LOT more (to getting pinned, getting reversals, etc).

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 03:33 PM
cmon, raw is war isnt that bad. I thought it was an awesome game. I'm also a die hard WWF fan (look at my name), but I know how to tell good games from bad games.

The only bad part of the game was the Career mode, but im a social person, and I usually only play multiplayer /w my friends.