PDA

View Full Version : Xbox is sooo close!!!

Craggle
03-04-2002, 12:09 PM
I just had to say that it is only ten days until Xbox comes out over her in the UK and i really cant wait . I got a call from comet.co.uk who i pre ordered from today but i wasnt in. When i replied to the call i was sent to about 4 different people and put on hold loads of times and they didnt seem to have a clue why i was phoning as it doesnt come out for over a week! I gave them an earful and told them about their own email being sent by them in the first place saying they would call to discuss prices and extra details and they didnt have a clue!!! I gave them my number and they said that they would phone back.

I am just praying that all will go fine and i will get it on the day as i was promised!

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 12:18 PM
I hear ya, man....I didn't end up pre-ording, though...I actually camped out...and I camped for 14 1/2 hours just so I can get mine first from the store I waited at! :D

Funny thing is, even after owning the XBox since Nov 15th, 2001, I am still just as pumped up to head home after work today to play my black and green beauty, as I was just as excited as waiting in line for 14 1/2 hours to get it!

This is what brings me here...to discuss all of our addictions to the XBox!

By the way, welcome to the forums!! :)

Highlite23
03-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Hey Craggle, how is the hype on xbox over there, i meen among your freinds and people at the stores and such???

Razor70
03-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Maximus dude! And I thought my 6 hours of waiting was a long time..but 14 1/2 man you are a ADDICT! I was the first one to get my Xbox too from the store I got it at.

I know you guys over there in the U.K. are going to have a great time once you get your Xboxes. You will become ADDICTS when you first play it! Only a few more short days to wait.

Craggle
03-04-2002, 01:57 PM
Lol . I am already an addict. You Americans are so lucky! I have been following Xbox since the rumours started!!! The hype isnt all that big - no ads at all yet and its only a bit over a week away!!! I know a few people who are getting one - my brother and my best friend are but everyone else seems to have a ps2. there is going to be a big thing at Virgin Megastores ( one of the biggest entertainment and stuff stores in the uk, not sure if it is in other countries!) on the night of the 13th with prizes and people who o there get a free game if they are in some of the first pre orders! Sadly i didnt pre order with them and i dont live near the cities that it is being held in. For the best console ever created there isnt very much hype at all - which i am very disappointed with! but i feel that my enthusisasm for the xbox alone could get the amount of people wanting one beating the ps2 to death!!!

Phiresun
03-04-2002, 02:35 PM
Craggle U must get the hype going yourself become the Addict U have been waiting to be. I think Microsoft should send Maximus a residual check for the enthusiasm he has given fellow addicts here. I remember when he only had 30 post,now it is over 3000. The man is Clinically Addicted. Learn from him and you will have everyone over there fellow addicts like yourself.

XBOX Addicition is something to be proud of....

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Phiresun
Craggle U must get the hype going yourself become the Addict U have been waiting to be. I think Microsoft should send Maximus a residual check for the enthusiasm he has given fellow addicts here. I remember when he only had 30 post,now it is over 3000. The man is Clinically Addicted. Learn from him and you will have everyone over there fellow addicts like yourself.

XBOX Addicition is something to be proud of....

D a m n, Phiresun...kind words, man!

Yes, I will admit, if I am not in a stray Jacket, I am playing my XBox with a nice frosty beverage chillin' on my coffee table! :D

Craggle...if you think about it, there is more hype in the UK, most-likely, but, you may not be able to actually see it! I mean, look at the slew of websites and stuff! :eek:

I heard about the XBox 2 years ago somehow...and, eventhough it's been out for 4 months here in the United States, I still don't hear any hype in daily life! You gotta look at the big picture here...the hype is mainly transparent (not able to be seen, but, it's there)...it's kind of like an XBox euphoria...a spirit or something....It's definately HUGE! It's there...you'll see it when you walk down the street....everything will be an "X".

Suddenly...you will start seeing "Xs" everywhere! Even my stray jacket makes my arms cross like an X! :eek:

By the way...where is that thing... :confused:

~~~~~~XboX pRyDE!!!~~~~~~~~