PDA

View Full Version : What R these 2 games about??

Brevity
03-04-2002, 12:42 PM
I was looking at the games that might be coming out and I want to know what is Ballistic and PIRATES LEGEND OF BLAK KAT are about. I have know idea.:rolleyes:

Highlite23
03-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Here's a blurb on Black Kat from Game Stop, i"ll see if i can get anything on Ballistic for you.:)

Swashbuckling, sailing, looting -- being a pirate is in Katarina de Leon's blood. She's about to find out just how much as she embarks on an adventure that will take her across five mysterious lands and pit her against hordes of foes on both land and sea. This saucy pirate is one of the most beautiful women to ever swash a buckle, and yet Katarina is much more than a pretty face. She's tough and independent, with seawater swishing in her veins and a penchant for cutting loose on the high seas.

* Know Your Enemy: Ships come in different sizes, strengths and cannon positions. Make sure you know where you should be to avoid damage, if you can outrun the enemy, and how some of the many enemy ship captains think.

* Crossing the T: Sea combat is not just a question of firing your cannon until the other ship sinks. It demands a certain amount of strategy. Most ships can only fire from their port or starboard (left and right sides). Therefore, the best place for you to be is in front of or behind that ship. This is called crossing the T. Position yourself such that the enemy ship is pointing its front or rear to your side, and then open up with a broadside. You can bring all your guns to bear on the enemy and he can't fire back. Be careful though, some of the more powerful ships have front and rear-mounted cannons.

* Use your Special Powers: You have many tricks at your disposal - don't forget about them. Is your opponent too fast? Fire off some chain shot and shred his sails. Does he outgun you? Fire off a stink pot and watch his shots hit anywhere but your ship. Is there a massive barrage of cannon fire coming your way? Hit your Wind Boost and dodge out of the way. Need to do more damage? Use a mystical figurehead. All of these things can change an impossible battle into something much more manageable.

* Keep your Ship in Shape: The careless captain spends all his loot on ammo. A wise captain buys the ammo he needs, but also buys canvas for repairing sails and wood for patching fresh cannonball holes. Spending a few extra pieces of eight on repair items could keep you afloat and help you win the battle. After all, all those cannonballs you bought won't help you if you're on the bottom of the ocean.

Highlite23
03-04-2002, 12:57 PM
Ballistic from Game Spot........

This is Ballistics - Velocity in its purest form! Ballistics is the Formula One of the future. Needless to say Ballistics is for the extreme speed freaks. Maximizing the use of the very latest 3D cards Ballistics is furiously fast and sweet to your eyes. Ballistics takes place during mans next century. Technology and increasing demand for hazardous entertainment has born a new form of racing. The Ballistics pilots run their hover bikes on magnetic fields inside a track that allows full 360 degree movement. The races take place in many different settings; all with their own unique design and environment - all shaped to breed the speed.

* It contains 7 highly detailed and original tracks

* 40 Speeder parts catering for over 10.000 possible Speeder combinations

* 9 tunes composed by a professional musician hired for the Ballistics project.

* Gameplay which offers a lot of technique to be mastered for the higher divisions while still enabling the user to quickly get into the game on the easier levels.

* Unique way of gameplay where no maximum speed is presented to the gamers.

* Heads Up Display system with indicators to ease gameplay and increase the sense of a high tech environment

* 3D interface with easy navigation

* Multiplayer system enabling LAN play where up to 8 players can compete

* Speed beyond what you thought you could handle
:)

Brevity
03-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Thanks for getting on that so quick. If you find any screens for Blak Kat post them too. Thanks again:)

Liko
07-12-2002, 11:37 PM
I have a bit more info on Ballistics. If the movie hadn't already claimed the name, the name of this game would be "Speed". Lots of it.

You're racing a hoverbike inside a tunnel. While that sounds simple enough, keep in mind that the tracks have many obstacles; big cement crosses, steel walls, and "bumps" in the track. You have to avoid these, stay off the inside of the curves (or else you will detach from the tunnel and free-float till you can get back on), and finish in front of some sometimes-bloodthirsty opponents.

To be good at this game, a combination of good reflexes and an intimate knowledge of each track, or at least the fastest/easiest path through it, is required. Once you have those, speeds of over 3000MPH are possible. At those speeds, there are no reflexes; you know the track or you crash. But, don't worry, the game starts out in the Rookie league, which keeps the speed down and doesn't punish you as much for crashes.

To learn more about the game, the PC version of which is out and available through Amazon.com and other places, check out The Ballistics Homepage (http://www.grin.se/ballistics). You'll see screens of the PC version of the game, and get a playable PC demo.

Brevity
07-13-2002, 07:56 AM
Thanks I had forgot all about that.

Brevity
07-13-2002, 07:56 AM
Oh and welcome.:)

smack119
07-13-2002, 02:11 PM
why not just go rent black kat at blockbuster??

whoadae
07-13-2002, 03:31 PM
what you reaqlly need to know is that Black Kat isnt worth buying. Rent it from blockbuster. It's not really an xbox quality game, something you might see as filler for ps2's library.

Brevity
07-13-2002, 04:42 PM
When I made this thread way back when the games were not out, BL. still in not. Anyway I know