PDA

View Full Version : XBOX owners and Ports...

Highlite23
03-04-2002, 12:46 PM
These comments are directed at xbox owners that don't have other systems.

I've heard just about enough out of other console owners stating that the majority of games comming to xbox are ports.

Is that really that bad?? Let's look at some recent ports shall we...

UFC Tap Out-Genma Onimusha-DOA3-SSX Tricky-NFL2K2-NBA 2K2-JSRF...I think all of these games are a far cry from there prior incarnations, some more than others(NFL2K2 has been released 3 times in the last 4 months, and the last one, xbox, is the cream of the crop), but better none the less.

Give me an existing game with better graphics, expanded worlds and gameplay, and i'm all over it. It's cheaper than buying another system.

Don't get me wrong the xbox will need it's own titles to balance the entire library out, and i feel it is doing just fine in that respect.

Maybe it's just that all of a sudden we have what everyone else has only it's just a little better, i don't know, but i have no problem with ports!!:cool:

JJaX
03-04-2002, 01:18 PM
Yeah i just got done talking to someone who didnt want GTA3 because its just a port and wont be out for a few months, by that time it will be "Old" (whatever that means). :rolleyes:

But im with you 110% on this topic!!!!!

Razor70
03-04-2002, 01:31 PM
Ya I hear ya on this one too!! I don't really look at them as ports anyways because if I don't have say like a Ps2 then I have never played the game before and so it's like all new to me. Now if someone did have a Ps2 and had GTA3 on it and the Xbox version came out and was the exact same thing with no upgrades then it would be a port, but most Xbox games come out with at least upgraded graphics and usually some other stuff on them too.

Storm
03-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Don't forget Gauntlet: Dark Legacy...its coming.

Well...I've had my PlayStation 2 since January 2001 and I just got my XBOX last Monday. Ports are a problem for me because I want some new games yet it seems a lot of the hype are about games that I have already played to death on my PS2. I think its alright though that they are coming to the XBOX...that way more people will get the chance to play these cool titles. I just hope that the XBOX gets some more of its own titles so I'll have some more new games to play.

Msterrrr
03-04-2002, 01:47 PM
maybe i wasnt clear enough in the other thread,, if the best xbox can do is ports from ps2 with some minor enhancements and have to wait for these games,,, EA is the worst at this btw

we need more first party games and exclusives that sell the system ,,, not ports !!! which are on the way

why should a new buyer wait till play a game when he or she could play it right now? ports will kill the xbox

bring on the flames!!
:( :eek:

JJaX
03-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Its because sony has most these compaines by the balls and i know there are delays and hush hushes on xbox games because of that. Sony wants to juice these system sellers than leave us the scraps later. But soon it will be the other way around....

RudedogX
03-04-2002, 02:15 PM
um...last time i checked, DOA3 wasn't a port.

Hugh_Jass
03-04-2002, 07:51 PM
JSRF is exclusive to XBOX, if I'm not mistaken.

Hawaiian c
03-04-2002, 08:20 PM
one thing on my mine is MGSX, i know they say its for shoure on gamespot. but why they didnt try start on xbox ver then psx 2 after that they could Release the psx 2 first then xbox..

just too get the fullest affect out of xbox first then do the small ones..

Kazoo
03-05-2002, 09:04 AM
Hi All,

I am the first to agree that I want to see more than ports for my X-Box. I am confident that we will see more original content as time progresses and the X-Box asserts itself in the console market place. In the meantime tho you sure won't see me complain if we can somehow get ports of games like Final Fantasy X or Metal Gear Solid 2 ! I am also thrilled playing NHL 2002 port or no port.

Rock2
03-05-2002, 09:38 AM
The more games the marrier is what I say.

dougi3000
03-05-2002, 01:36 PM
yep .
just the the PS2.

PS2 got a lot of Dreamcast ports before it died.

So if Xbox gets a lot of PS2 ports.. then......

Hawaiian c
03-05-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Kazoo
Hi All,

I am the first to agree that I want to see more than ports for my X-Box. I am confident that we will see more original content as time progresses and the X-Box asserts itself in the console market place. In the meantime tho you sure won't see me complain if we can somehow get ports of games like Final Fantasy X or Metal Gear Solid 2 ! I am also thrilled playing NHL 2002 port or no port. Metal Gear Solid 2 is Metal Gear Solid X they confirm that was comeing to xbox about a month ago.

rr9597
03-05-2002, 03:51 PM
more games=more fun. Any games we can get are gonna be great, who cares if they are from PS2

Kooster
03-05-2002, 04:29 PM
I can see why PS2 owners wouldn't like to see nothing but ports coming to Xbox, but Xbox is getting tons of its own games. If you're a PS2 owner considering buying an Xbox, but are worried about it having nothing but ports, I think you shouldn't worry about the ports and buy an Xbox. There are so many great, original games that are coming to the Xbox such as Morrowind, Fellowship of the Ring, Brute Force, Project Ego, Enclave, Yager, Star Wars: KOTOR, Bruce Lee, and much more. The potential of Xbox looks a lot better than any other system. It has a built in modem and hard drive, which will let it have online games in Q4 2002. If you only have a PS2, and you want to play online, you'll have to buy a $40 modem and a $100 hard drive, which is unaffordable to many gamers. It may seem like all Xbox is getting is ports, but in the long run, Xbox will have many original games which will be much better than PS2's.

Snoopy7548
03-05-2002, 04:53 PM
sometimes ports are good, like if a really good game comes out on the ps2 (gta3, mgs2), and the ps2 fanboys are braggin, u can just say, that game is comin out on the xbox in a few months, and BAM! they shut up. haha:D

Msterrrr
03-05-2002, 05:02 PM
well said hot shot,,,
we all know add-ons dont work look back in the past and see what has worked? memory cards ,, rumble packs
thats about it
with that said ps2 needs a modem and hard drive built in,,ie ps3
hahaha mircosoft has one upped them it will take time but it will

Snoopy7548
03-05-2002, 05:58 PM
haha, why do u always put commas instead of periods?

Msterrrr
03-05-2002, 06:23 PM
period should only come once a month :)

Snoopy7548
03-06-2002, 03:05 PM
haha:D

JJaX
03-06-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
period should only come once a month :)

AND WHAT A RELIEF TOO!!!!!!! :D