PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new XBA, what do you think?

Kamshaft
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to officially welcome you all to the brand new XBA!

We'll be giving away some very cool prizes!

Stay tuned!

TIP: Write reviews! Never know it might get published on the front page!
Enjoy!
:cheers:

ll Mista GT ll
11-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Good job everyone! Looks fantastic! I'm feeling the front page as well! I'm a top poster too ;)

Slowride
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Nice overhaul. Much easier on the eyes!

Kamshaft
11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Nice overhaul. Much easier on the eyes!

Still a few things to fix, but the "easier on eyes" was a priority!
Enjoy!

Nato King
11-08-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah but don't forget Kamshaft-XBA is the real man behind it all. My man thing was the achievements getting them into the database took alot of time and work but I did it.

Please like Kamshaft-XBA said look around and enjoy the site.

ll Mista GT ll
11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Make everyones avatars 140 x 140? :)

laughs
11-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Very sexy! I like it a lot... Good job :cheers:

Jaken Bear
11-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Looks great. Congrats to everyone who worked hard to make it happen.

ll Mista GT ll
11-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Whos Jaken Bear? !!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?:???!?

Infraredragon
11-08-2007, 03:33 PM
The front page is just amazing! The addict on some of the other pages has never looked more... addicted, and the forums (as stated before) really are much easier on the eyes.

Thanks from me as well to everyone who worked hard to make this happen (at last)!

P.S: I like the sign at the bottom of the page.

P.P.S: Now we can all try to find secret hidden messages in the tiles up top!

laughs
11-08-2007, 03:44 PM
This is probably the coolest design for a site I've ever seen... The front page is awesome... Oh and chat! yay!!! :hail:

ftyards
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I like it. Good work

SamSmith
11-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Get on chat *****AZ

jelgiad
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Looks good. You guys did an excellent job.

jack063
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
site looks bad good work

ll Mista GT ll
11-08-2007, 03:52 PM
site looks bad good work

LMFAO!! WTFFFFFFFFFFF!

Highlite23
11-08-2007, 04:02 PM

In the next couple of days :)

laughs
11-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I ****IN LOVE THIS SITE!!!! I WENT UPSTAIRS TO USE THE WASHROOM AND WHEN I CAME DOWN, THERE WAS A LARGE GOURMET PIZZA WITH THE WORKS SITTING NEXT TO MY COMPUTER WITH A NOTE SAYING, "COMPLIMENTS OF XBA!" I SWEAR TO GOD THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!! IT EVEN FEEDS ME!!!!!! :hail:

Kamshaft
11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I ****IN LOVE THIS SITE!!!! I WENT UPSTAIRS TO USE THE WASHROOM AND WHEN I CAME DOWN, THERE WAS A LARGE GOURMET PIZZA WITH THE WORKS SITTING NEXT TO MY COMPUTER WITH A NOTE SAYING, "COMPLIMENTS OF XBA!" I SWEAR TO GOD THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!! IT EVEN FEEDS ME!!!!!! :hail:

You are a funny man! :p
You're welcome for the pizza!

Ainokeatoo
11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
HOLY **** YEAH NICE JOB GUYS :) I hated the old background nice to see nothing there ^^ lmao and my nurse is now full screen WEWT****INGWEWT Good job guys.

mattgame
11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
You are a funny man! :p
You're welcome for the pizza!

This is completely awesome! I am at a loss for words. Outstanding job Kamshaft et.al.:cheers:

OMG!!!! My review is on the front page!!! Thanks guys!!

laughs
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
The overhaul of this site is the best thing that has ever happened in my life!!!

Highlite23
11-08-2007, 04:34 PM
The overhaul of this site is the best thing that has ever happened in my life!!!

LOL, your all welcome! :)

I'm trully happy you vets like the new site :)

Foques
11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Mr. Highlite didn't lie when he said it was worth the wait..

Kamshaft
11-08-2007, 04:59 PM
This is completely awesome! I am at a loss for words. Outstanding job Kamshaft et.al.:cheers:

OMG!!!! My review is on the front page!!! Thanks guys!!

Thanks! I thought you might like that. :hardcore:
After all, you are a you were staff dude! And now the fab5 I see.
You keep writing them we'll keep posting them.
:hump:

ll Mista GT ll
11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
OMG OMG OMG :) Kamshaft! How are you? Hows life?

Highlite23
11-08-2007, 05:02 PM
OMG OMG OMG :) Kamshaft! How are you? Hows life?

I let him out of the dungeon so he could finish up with the redesign ;)

Highlite23
11-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Hope thats going well jake :cheers:

m4oH
11-08-2007, 05:12 PM
The site looks amazing. Excellent work to all those who put in the time and effort!! I'll write more when I get back from work tonight. I mainly wanted to post to see how my new posting looks. :p Oh yea, and remember, this is coming from a man who despises change.

Highlite23
11-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Done!! Have at it :hardcore:

Spinoff90
11-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Looks good. Only thing I am not all that crazy about is how big our gamerpics are since the quality is pretty bad when they are made that big.

J4320
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Like I said in the other thread -

"XBA has now officially become NSFW (kind of). I don't want to be browsing this in public, that's for sure... not with this big boobed redhead taking up a 3rd of the screen every time I click something and go to a new page."

Aslo, like Spinoff said. The gamerpics are too big. They look ugly and pixelated. I don't like the white "graphing paper" background but I did like the gray one. It looked best then.

I hate to say this but I've almost lost all interest in XBA. I like coming here occasionally because of some of the members but that's about it.

SamSmith
11-08-2007, 06:31 PM

"XBA has now officially become NSFW (kind of). I don't want to be browsing this in public, that's for sure... not with this big boobed redhead taking up a 3rd of the screen every time I click something and go to a new page."

Aslo, like Spinoff said. The gamerpics are too big. They look ugly and pixelated. I don't like the white "graphing paper" background but I did like the gray one. It looked best then.

I hate to say this but I've almost lost all interest in XBA. I like coming here occasionally because of some of the members but that's about it.

Silly, It's all absolutely awesome!

tsrdawg
11-08-2007, 11:12 PM

Someone is seriously sipping some haterade....I dont know about you but I LOVE seeing big pics of big-boobed redheads...You like women dont you?????
Anyway, I'd love to see if you can do better - instead of pulling dislikes from the sky....

Maybe you should thank those responsible for allowing you to log on here.

Peace.

HaZarD SFD
11-08-2007, 11:17 PM
One word makes up this site!

EPIC

Variation-XBA
11-08-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm not going to be the downer but:

Quick reply and the bottom STILL doesn't work
Gamer icons are WAY too big
Please please please let us have widescreen support :( Yea it's better, but I have inches of just grey on the sides still :(

I like the fresh look, but it'll take some getting used to.

Highlite23
11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm not going to be the downer but:

Quick reply and the bottom STILL doesn't work
Gamer icons are WAY too big
Please please please let us have widescreen support :( Yea it's better, but I have inches of just grey on the sides still :(

I like the fresh look, but it'll take some getting used to.
I just used the quick reply, what doesn't work??

l Maximus l
11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Quick reply works for me, too. Variation, try this:

Go to the Quick reply screen...you'll see a post above yours. See on the bottom right, it says "Quote", and then there are two symbols next to the word "Quote"? The one furthest right...click that once and the Quick Reply screen becomes available. That's what I've been doing since day one.

Hopefully that works!

By the way, how do I add my Gamercard under my Avatar? My Gamertag is filled in my User CP already...I think I'm missing something kinda small....hmmm...

EDIT: I double checked...and my gamertag is filled in with my XBL Gamertag, but, nothing is showing up. What is a brother to do?!

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Quick reply works for me, too. Variation, try this:

Go to the Quick reply screen...you'll see a post above yours. See on the bottom right, it says "Quote", and then there are two symbols next to the word "Quote"? The one furthest right...click that once and the Quick Reply screen becomes available. That's what I've been doing since day one.

Hopefully that works!

By the way, how do I add my Gamercard under my Avatar? My Gamertag is filled in my User CP already...I think I'm missing something kinda small....hmmm...

EDIT: I double checked...and my gamertag is filled in with my XBL Gamertag, but, nothing is showing up. What is a brother to do?!

Damn.... LONG LIVE QUICK REPLY!!! :D <3 u Maxy!

Hrm, I thought that's what was missing Max, cause I've never changed anything in my Avatars etc

J4320
11-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Someone is seriously sipping some haterade....I dont know about you but I LOVE seeing big pics of big-boobed redheads...You like women dont you?????
Anyway, I'd love to see if you can do better - instead of pulling dislikes from the sky....

Maybe you should thank those responsible for allowing you to log on here.

Peace.

There's nothing wrong with offering criticism. I knew I'd get shat upon for saying what I said but I just had to point it out. It seems like XBA's style keeps downgrading. Oh and sure I like women; that has nothing to do with the fact that there is a slightly NSFW big tittied cartoon woman laying down in a tiled brothel bathroom at the top of the page taking up a 3rd of the window every time I click something here on XBA.

Edit -

Obviously it's not anything to get obsessed about but seriously, I thought XBA was trying to attract new members. Whatever though, I'm not really a "big" member here so I don't think anyone will really think twice about my opinions.

l Maximus l
11-09-2007, 12:29 AM
It's weird, man...I have my Gamertag listed...and the small bar that we had before showed up without any problem....but, for some reason, it's not showing up on the new site. Hmmm....maybe it's a small bug?

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Heh, you said boobies.

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
It's weird, man...I have my Gamertag listed...and the small bar that we had before showed up without any problem....but, for some reason, it's not showing up on the new site. Hmmm....maybe it's a small bug?

It's gotta be something Seattle related imo...
:D

No idea though to be honest :(

Nato King
11-09-2007, 05:13 AM
I am so glad that you guys like the site and for those that don't I am sorry to hear that but we can't seem to please them all.

Enjoy...

Rhiannon
11-09-2007, 06:06 AM
Imagine my surprise when i woke up this morning to visit my beloved XBA!! I love it guys, it's like a breath of fresh air. THANKYOU!!!! to all who made it possible. It made my morning coffee taste delightful. So, much appreciation to all who put the work effort into making the site a sight to behold ;) :cheers:

mattgame
11-09-2007, 06:14 AM

Opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one. Having said that unless you are a butthole, you have to at least give it to these guys for effort. This is a monumental improvement over the last site. If I say it then it may be true because I was the one who said he didn't like change. This change is for the better.:cheers:

CrazyCougar
11-09-2007, 06:42 AM
There will be things folks like and dislike on the site. You cant please everyone. I personally feel the new design is a breath of fresh air into XBA. And a welcome one at that. As for not attracting new members.....I think the new design will bring plenty of new blood to the site, as well as recirculate old blood.

As for the nurse, she is almost at legendary status with XBA and cannot be discarded. Big deal if some folks cant look at the site now in school. You should be doing school work anyhow! At least she doesnt have her headlights on high beam.

All in all, glad to hear everyone in general is loving the new site. And to those that dislike it, sorry to hear that, and hopefully it grows on you.

Highlite23
11-09-2007, 07:48 AM

I know you changed it a while back, its xHacker Breau right?

HaZarD SFD
11-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I love the bathroom wall graffiti on the top

Kraft
11-09-2007, 08:54 AM
The warning sign at the very bottom of the forums says 'Possebility'. Spell check time! Other than that I am digging what I see.

mattgame
11-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Everybody is a damn critic.:cuss:

I love you Kamshaft!!

laughs
11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Imagine my surprise when i woke up this morning to visit my beloved XBA!! I love it guys, it's like a breath of fresh air. THANKYOU!!!! to all who made it possible. It made my morning coffee taste delightful. So, much appreciation to all who put the work effort into making the site a sight to behold ;) :cheers:

Yeah, it really is something else... Like a whole new start for XBA :)

ShannonX
11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Hell. Of. A. Lot. Better.

That said, great job guys, its the best xboxaddict so far. Gonna go check out the rest of the site, but so far, I'm impressed.

Kamshaft
11-09-2007, 04:45 PM

The Gamertag leaderboards refresh every 24 hours, but the gamertag should work right off the bat.

Let me investigate.

l Maximus l
11-09-2007, 06:38 PM
The Gamertag leaderboards refresh every 24 hours, but the gamertag should work right off the bat.

Let me investigate.

Doh! It's working now! Thanks, Stephen!

By the way, it's great to see you posting, brother...it's been a while since we talked...again, great to see you!

Kamshaft
11-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Doh! It's working now! Thanks, Stephen!

By the way, it's great to see you posting, brother...it's been a while since we talked...again, great to see you!

I sent you a PM explaining what the problem was. Enjoy! I'm still glad to you see your still posting away! Hell you're a permanent fixture here! And it's people like you that make XBA a great place to hang out.

Nato King
11-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I sent you a PM explaining what the problem was. Enjoy! I'm still glad to you see your still posting away! Hell you're a permanent fixture here! And it's people like you that make XBA a great place to hang out.

I agree with you on this one. I think max was one of the first person that say welcome to me when I first joined the site so many years ago.

RockTheCasba
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
its like an orgasm in a website

Kamshaft
11-10-2007, 12:04 PM
its like an orgasm in a website

I'm glad we were able to provide you with a level of excitement in that department.
:confused:

mattgame
11-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm glad we were able to provide you with a level of excitement in that department.
:confused:

:rofl:

Stephen got jokes!!!:hail:

GamerSince'76
11-11-2007, 02:08 PM
:cheers: The new look has a real style to it. It just flows.

lllSmokelll
11-14-2007, 02:40 PM
wow u guys have done a great job, its like a brand new site, its very refreshing. we should all advertise the new xba at other forums and bring in new users

Padfoot09
11-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I'm loving the new look !! Great job guys. :hail:

mattgame
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm loving the new look !! Great job guys. :hail:Where ya been?

Not Pink
11-17-2007, 01:36 PM
A few times I've tried going to the site the images are down.
Like right now I see that the background images are down.

GamerSince'76
11-17-2007, 02:01 PM
There will be things folks like and dislike on the site. You cant please everyone. I personally feel the new design is a breath of fresh air into XBA. And a welcome one at that. As for not attracting new members.....I think the new design will bring plenty of new blood to the site, as well as recirculate old blood.

As for the nurse, she is almost at legendary status with XBA and cannot be discarded. Big deal if some folks cant look at the site now in school. You should be doing school work anyhow! At least she doesnt have her headlights on high beam.

All in all, glad to hear everyone in general is loving the new site. And to those that dislike it, sorry to hear that, and hopefully it grows on you.

The new look looks great. I'm finding that members here are really friendly. It's a pleasure to post here.

As for the cartoon nurse creating problems for some members at school, sad. It's a cartoon. If the character depicted violence, schools would probaably have less of an issue with it. That's a sad reflection on our society. IMHO, I hope the nurse stays. It's pale in comparision to what can be seen on cable TV or in music videos and movies.

mattgame
11-17-2007, 09:04 PM
She's fully clothed for Gods sake!! I swear this world don't make any sense.