PDA

View Full Version : I tried out xboxconnector!

Xtopia
03-04-2002, 01:06 PM
Last Saturday I tried out playing halo via xboxconnector.com! Here are my impressions:

The downloads are fast and easy...But that is where "fast and easy" ends. Once you have downloaded the xboxconnector and the chat software, you have to literally advertise your game! It is totally different than gamespy! there are no rooms! just a chat window! In that window...you give people your ip adress (if your host) then they join! I only had one game though. Ya thats right, one! It took me hours to get one game! It was a 4 v. 4 CTF @ blood gulch and it was awesome! Almost zero lag!

So, if you play on gamespy, I reccomend you try it out! The one thing that is really cool about it is this: Say you want to hook w/another XBA dude or another freind, all you have to do is know your freinds ip or vise versa then at the time you both planned on playing, you just load up the sofware, and type in the ip...then your in the game! No messin around (Max, we might actually get a game!)

My conclusion is this: try xboxconnector--but i wish there was a site that is a hybrid of gamespy and xboxconnector!:)

Razor70
03-04-2002, 01:19 PM
Sounds pretty cool...I did download the software and the chat myself the other day but could never find anyone to play with. Maybe if some more of us at XBA got together and we could all try it out. I think my biggest problem though for both Xboxconnector and Gamespy is due to the fact that I don't have any friends that are into gaming. So I am stuck playing by myself and most people want two or more to a Xbox...anyone got any suggestions? Thanks guys.

By the way...ONLINE IS THE BOMB!

Xtopia
03-04-2002, 01:23 PM
that I don't have any friends that are into gaming. So I am stuck playing by myself and most people want two or more to a Xbox...anyone got any suggestions? Thanks guys.

I am in a similliar situation....I have freinds that like vids, they just suck! My bro is not any competition is Halo, and eitheir are my freinds....Im not as good as jjax, but I have got soooo much better! Just this weekend I took on my bro and and my cuz I won 50 to 33!!! and my cuz is pretty good!
:eek:

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 01:26 PM
Well, I didn't get a chance to check out XBoxconnector.com last weekend, eventhough I said I was going to....and, it sounds awesome, XTopia! I can try and do it tonight, though, I don't know if I can be patient enough to wait several hours to play Halo! :eek:

I really wish it was similar to Gamespy on how you can enter a forum and then ready up and launch the game. But, I am open to other solutions. I will be on by myself tonight...maybe I can call up a buddy and have him come over.

All I know is that my buddy "Chief" (Gamespy name), who plays as "Jedi" with me (My ingame name is "Maniac" but, my Gamespy ID is "[XBA]-Maximus") we were undefeated the entire day!

We played 2 vs 2, 2vs 3, and 2vs4 and completely owned yesterday!

I don't know if it's us getting better or if we just played people that sucked ass...but, either way, it's fun to just kick the crap out of people :D I find it extremely fun listening to our XBA member "TY" as he gets pummeled by my shot gun or Rocket Launcher as he flies through the air :D hehe...Trash talk is part of the game!

Razor70
03-04-2002, 01:40 PM
By the way Maximus I sent you a message on Gamespy today...I don't know if you will get it or not, but if you do please respond thanks. It's nothing really major just a quick question. Thanks.

XBOX RULEZ!

P.s. - I know it's not really a big deal...But WooHoo My 100 post so far! hehe

dougi3000
03-04-2002, 02:18 PM
I couldnt get that darn thing to work. It works fine with gamespy though.

I can never detect the hosts system.

I use the "NAT+HUB+router" config in the gamespy diagrams.

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 03:43 PM
OMG!! thank you so much for telling me aboot this. I use to play on gamespy but it always lagged so i stopped. This looks like a great alternative. I think I'll try it out.