PDA

View Full Version : SpaceGhost2K's Customs

Pages : 1 [2]

JakofallAces
03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
He isn't giving it away. He's taking it to LA next month to try and get it signed by Taj Mahal, same with the Dr Demento plate. He is a HUGE lifelong fan of both. (if you wondered)
oh ya sorry my bad i knew i had something wrong but still thats will be sweet even though i dont know who either is good luck spacey

SpaceGhost2K
03-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Taj Mahal brought blues to a lot of people back in the late 60's. He was the main blues guy to play at a lot of the hippie music events. I've liestened to his album "Giant Step/De Old Folks At Home" probably a thousand times in my life. I can tell you every glitch and click and that album. I even sang one of his songs a cappella at a talent night and got a standing ovation (mainly just for being a white boy with the balls to sing a negro spiritual with no backup music in front of an almost all white crowd).

Dr. Demento is Barret (Barry) Hansen. He was a student hired by UCLA to catalog their enormous record collection back in the early 70's. Even as young as he was, he was considered an authority on the roots of rock 'n roll. He was hired to do a weekly oldies show, and he discovered the songs that always got the most requests were the goofy stuff. The show started playing more oddities until one day someone in the studio announced him as "Doctor Demento, here" trying to be funny. Everybody liked it, so he kept the name. He had a weekly two hour syndicated radop show for many years, that just played demented music. Mostly funny, but some of it was genuinely just "demented." Weird Al was a college student who kept sending him tapes, and Dr. Demento launched his huge career. Almost every Weird Al video has Dr. D in a cameo in it somewhere.

Oh, and Mr. Hansen (last I heard) owned the world's eighth largest private record collection. As of 2003, it was over 500,000 records (78's, 33 1/3, 45's and even cylinders.)

Dr. D and Taj are going to be speaking at an open session at UCLA in April. I can't stay for the concert that night (lot of money, all good seats taken, and I've STILL never seen Taj perform live). Taj and a bunch of other people are performing. Dr. D. is the emcee. I'm just going for the 45 minute panel discussion, crossing my fingers that I'll be able to approach them and get signatures, MAYBE meeting GameKing28 if we can work it out, and then coming home exhausted from the week in Seattle and the trip to LA.

http://www.drdemento.com

http://www.tajblues.com/

Taj's site streams music while you check out the site. If you're REAL lucky, it'll play "Cakewalk." :) (FF to Track 8)

There's your history lesson for today.

gameking28
03-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I think we can make it work this time. UCLA is a helluva lot closer to me than it is for you so I'll make it work. :)

JakofallAces
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
have fun guys and good luck spacey if you guys meet i am sure the world will end for reasons unknown well anyways have fun and dont forget a pen

SpaceGhost2K
03-29-2008, 02:35 PM
have fun guys and good luck spacey if you guys meet i am sure the world will end for reasons unknown well anyways have fun and dont forget a pen

We'll probably just bag us a coupla hot UCLA chicks. No big. Katamari's cool with it, as long as I return with video. :D

JakofallAces
03-29-2008, 02:52 PM
We'll probably just bag us a coupla hot UCLA chicks. No big. Katamari's cool with it, as long as I return with video. :D

cough*ggw*cough and what would that vidoe be off...hmmmm;)

KatamariKutie
03-29-2008, 03:10 PM

*ahem* I only said that about the Japanese girl.... :watchout: I think I suddenly have that day free to go along :rofl:

JakofallAces
03-29-2008, 05:26 PM
*ahem* I only said that about the Japanese girl.... :watchout: I think I suddenly have that day free to go along :rofl:

OH NO SHE DIDNT

SpaceGhost2K
03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
*rereads agreement.

"Oh."

JakofallAces
03-29-2008, 10:20 PM
*rereads agreement.

"Oh."

well that just took your world and flipped it upsided down good luck with the UCLA girls spacey HA

gameking28
03-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Shouldn't be a problem - ever been to UCLA? Lots of Asians... HOT Asians. I'm sure we can find you a nice Japanese girl to bring home to Katamari. ;)

JakofallAces
03-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Shouldn't be a problem - ever been to UCLA? Lots of Asians... HOT Asians. I'm sure we can find you a nice Japanese girl to bring home to Katamari. ;)

you always have a back up plan gameking i thought u were going to bring in the mail order bride so tooche' gameking tooche'

SpaceGhost2K
03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
You mean "touche' " right?

Or do you mean "you can lookie but no touchie?"

moltenluv
03-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't think Jak even knew what he meant. He rambles on like a crazy person sometimes :p

JakofallAces
03-30-2008, 04:22 PM
I don't think Jak even knew what he meant. He rambles on like a crazy person sometimes :p

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT i would totally take some ice cream with that but anyways i meant touche' geez you guys are a tough crowd just damn i mean i am tryin to be nice but here you go just dissing on the small kid geez you guys and girls are mean

SpaceGhost2K
04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Woo hoo! I'm down to 142 on my list! And, I have a few of those that are close to being done. Not all of them are out the door. I'm waiting for payment and/or addresses on about six plates, but I took those off my list.

Yay! I'll get more pics up tonight, too. Haven't had time.

SpaceGhost2K
04-02-2008, 12:46 AM
I added a whole bunch of plates, starting at about #140. Some aren't new. They just hadn't been added to the front part of the thread.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82055&page=2

SpaceGhost2K
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Now y'all, I gotta tell ya....

See, there's this Japanese girl that I met for a whole fifteen minutes last year at the MVP Summit. I think we've said a hundred words, ever. Anyway, I emailed her to ask if she was going this year to Summit. She said yes. She'd given me her Gamertag so I knew she was a gamer, and so I wanted to make a plate for her as a gift. I told her I had something for her and I wanted to give it to her at summit (The gift. Well, you know what I mean.) I didn't want to be forward and like ask which hotel she was staying at or something creepy. Instead, I told her where I was staying and that I would leave it for her at the desk at my hotel, and on one of her trips to the Convention Center, she could ask at the desk and they'd give it to her. What did she say? She said hmm, maybe I'll just stay at THAT hotel.

Heh, heh, heh....

Katamari can vouch for the fact that I'm too chicken chit to ever try anything, and with so much going on, I'd be surprised if we even got to have dinner somewhere. They always treat us Xbox MVP's differently, since we're mostly community people and not technical people. She, on the other hand, has a brain the size of a small planet.

So all of this is neither here nor there, except that I got her faceplate done tonight and wanted to brag on it. It is one of my top five favorite plates I've ever made, awesome in its simplicity. I asked her what color she liked and she said red, so red it is. It is drying right now but hopefully I'll get a nice picture of it to show to everyone tomorrow.

Aw, heck. I have to show SOMETHING....

I'll just leave you with.... this.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/arigatogirl2.jpg

Nato King
04-02-2008, 03:14 AM
very nice space. xba is doing big things. we are a gaming site a faceplate site and now a dating site. jk

I can't wait to see what the faceplate looks like also when do you get on the plan to go to the summit.

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 05:26 AM
nice new stuff spacey one of my friends might be interested in one of the new ones i will run it by him great stuff have fun at the summit also why do they call it the summit?

Ken Tree Y
04-02-2008, 05:28 AM
WOW man your new one look amazing i love that Ferrari one. You other one is awesome too

UNV Superkid
04-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Nice Man Just Nice!!

KatamariKutie
04-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Katamari can vouch for the fact that I'm too chicken chit to ever try anything, and with so much going on, I'd be surprised if we even got to have dinner somewhere.

Yup. Lucky for him I'm persistent or he would have missed out on the wonderfulness that is me :)

KatamariKutie
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
very nice space. xba is doing big things. we are a gaming site a faceplate site and now a dating site. jk

I can't wait to see what the faceplate looks like also when do you get on the plan to go to the summit.

Hehe. I don't think he was talking aboutdating her. :yikes:

moltenluv
04-02-2008, 03:42 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Speedball.jpg

I want this one!!!! I dunno why I like it so much but I do :hardcore:

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 04:29 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Speedball.jpg

I want this one!!!! I dunno why I like it so much but I do :hardcore:

you like looking/laughing at other peoples miss fortune, also because that was you yesterday?

moltenluv
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Actually I think I like the colors of the plate plus that little bit of bling is a nice touch. It just flows really well and has that cartoon/comic book style to it.

SpaceGhost2K
04-02-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/nw%20speedball%20hoo%20ha.jpg

That's "Speedball" from Marvel Comics. He builds up kinetic energy when he makes forceful contact with things, so he tends to bounce off things with increasing force. The little circles of light are supposed to be kinetic energy surrounding him. This plate was a request by my old boss, who is a big Speedball fan. The bouncing off the walls and the Swarovski treatment were my idea.

SpaceGhost2K
04-02-2008, 05:00 PM
nice new stuff spacey one of my friends might be interested in one of the new ones i will run it by him great stuff have fun at the summit also why do they call it the summit?

A summit is what they call a "meeting of the minds." Like the Camp David Summit. It's not a literal mountaintop or something.

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 06:34 PM
A summit is what they call a "meeting of the minds." Like the Camp David Summit. It's not a literal mountaintop or something.

was never actually sure thanks for clearing that up ED

moltenluv
04-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, that is good to know :whistle:

JakofallAces
04-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that is good to know :whistle:

post thoughtfully and YOU CANT BEAT ME

SpaceGhost2K
04-06-2008, 06:20 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029024&postcount=35

#161, 162 and 163 are new. :)

#161 is for Mischief FD from the Frag Dolls.
#162 is for Peter Molyneux to sign in Seattle, I hope.
#163 is for my friend from Japan, who I hope to give this to in Seattle next week.

SpaceGhost2K
04-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm so flippin' proud of this plate that I'll show it off twice:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Halo3MemorialService.jpg

It's also #170 on Page 2.

KatamariKutie
04-28-2008, 10:38 PM
OMGZ! Thats awesome!!! See, I knew you could stuff like that. You always sell yourself short. Now I am rethinking my faceplate. *mwahahahahahaha*

JakofallAces
04-29-2008, 05:22 AM
I'm so flippin' proud of this plate that I'll show it off twice:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Halo3MemorialService.jpg

It's also #170 on Page 2.

sick halo 3 plate looks like your trying to rip off of pavels work a little bit

SpaceGhost2K
04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
sick halo 3 plate looks like your trying to rip off of pavels work a little bit

Nice. Thanks a lot.

I can't paint. I have no training. I have no technique. I have no sense of color. I liked the picture and tried my best to put it onto a plate. I HARDLY have the talent needed to try to rip off someone else's style of painting.

I mean, come on.

gameking28
04-29-2008, 04:28 PM
That's an awesome plate Spacey! Who's it for? ;)

SpaceGhost2K
04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
That's an awesome plate Spacey! Who's it for? ;)

Someone from Bungie was going to get a plate signed for me, so I made this one for that specific purpose. However, I think there's too much stuff on it and adding signatures to it would ruin it. I have to do something different. I've already offered it to ghostrider (I owed him one, too) along with this one that he asked to have first shot at:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/GhostintheShellfaceplate.jpg

If he passes on either of them, you're next in line, and if he DOES take the Halo one, I have stickers to make another one just for you.

gameking28
04-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Sweeeeet :hail:

Takkyu82
05-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I am eager to see the two plates I ordered in person. (Phoenix Wright and GTA IV) :D

SpaceGhost2K
05-01-2008, 12:35 AM
I am eager to see the two plates I ordered in person. (Phoenix Wright and GTA IV) :D

They'll be on their way tomorrow :)

falldowndrunk
05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
I can't paint. I have no training. I have no technique. I have no sense of color. I liked the picture and tried my best to put it onto a plate. I HARDLY have the talent needed to try to rip off someone else's style of painting.

You pretty much just described me to a T.:crying:

SpaceGhost2K
05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
New stuff, #171, 172, 173, 174.

gameking28
05-28-2008, 07:01 AM
That signed Ninja Gaiden 2 plate makes me drool. I've been a NG fan since the first one way back on the NES!

moltenluv
05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
#172 must be mine :yikes: I HAVE to have it!

gameking28
06-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Well your signed NG plate just shot up in value - Itagaki-san just quit Tecmo and stated in a letter to the public that Ninja Gaiden II will by the LAST Ninja Gaiden game. :cry:

JakofallAces
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Well your signed NG plate just shot up in value - Itagaki-san just quit Tecmo and stated in a letter to the public that Ninja Gaiden II will by the LAST Ninja Gaiden game. :cry:

Spacey wait a year and your rich

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 03:16 PM

I made that same post almost word for word last night at teamxbox.

He quit, he's suing for $1.4 million, and there are rumors already that a number of Team Ninja people will follow him wherever he goes.

JakofallAces
06-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I made that same post almost word for word last night at teamxbox.

He quit, he's suing for $1.4 million, and there are rumors already that a number of Team Ninja people will follow him wherever he goes.
why is he suing bad relations or because of money dispute??

SpaceGhost2K
06-03-2008, 04:57 PM
The president promised him and his team bonuses for completing games and then didn't follow through.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168056

Last month, Team Ninja head and Ninja Gaiden director Tomonobu Itagaki suggested in an interview that he would be done with the franchise after the upcoming release of Ninja Gaiden 2. On Monday night we received a clearer picture of just what he meant with the announcement that Itagaki is leaving Team Ninja and suing Tecmo.

1UP received the following confirmation of this news from Itagaki aide Andrew Szymanski:

"At approximately 2:30 PM Japan Standard Time today, June 3 2008, an official statement from Tomonobu Itagaki was sent by fax to major Japanese news outlets. In the interest of fair and expedient reporting of this story throughout the English-speaking world, I have been asked by Itagaki to convey this statement to you. Herein find attached Itagaki's official statement, in English, for the benefit of your readers.

"...You will likely have questions regarding the content of the statement, or about Itagaki's future plans. I am afraid that I will be unable to answer such questions for the time being; however, rest assured that more information will be forthcoming as soon as it is deemed appropriate to do so."

The full text of the letter from Itagaki follows:

"I, Tomonobu Itagaki, hereby announce that on the 14th of May 2008 I filed a complaint in the Tokyo District Court against Tecmo Co., Ltd. for unpaid completion bonuses, and against the President of Tecmo, Yoshimi Yasuda, for such unlawful acts as unreasonable and disingenuous statements made towards me, claiming damages in total of 148 million yen. I also announce that this complaint was delivered to the defendants on May 22nd of the same year. In addition, I hereby announce that I have today submitted a letter of resignation to Tecmo Co., Ltd. stating that I will resign as of the 1st of July, 2008.

"Before the start of development on Dead or Alive 4, Tecmo Co., Ltd. had agreed to pay a completion bonus to me for this Xbox 360 title, which I produced. However, when the time came for the actual payment, Tecmo Co., Ltd. went against its previous agreement and refused payment. President Yoshimi Yasuda chose not only to violate this agreement, but also turned defiant, telling me 'if you are dissatisfied with the decision not to pay the bonuses, either quit the company or sue it.' In addition, he made demeaning remarks about me to my subordinates and colleagues, causing me significant emotional distress and worsening my personal relationships and work environment. Thus, I have no choice but to resign from Tecmo Co., Ltd.

"The conduct of Tecmo Co., Ltd. and its president Yoshimi Yasuda towards me has been unbefitting of a publicly-listed company. I have filed this lawsuit with a strong intent to question the social responsibility of Tecmo Co., Ltd. and its President Yoshimi Yasuda, as well as condemning them for their unjust acts. Today, in addition to announcing the reasons for this lawsuit, I make clear my reasons for resigning.

"To All Game Fans

"I truly feel sorry to all the fans of the games I have made. Ninja Gaiden 2, which will launch on the 3rd of June will be the last Ninja Gaiden I will create. I will also never be able to make Dead or Alive 5. I regret the circumstances that have forced me to leave Tecmo, where I had worked for so many years, and I regret the disappointment this will cause my fans. However, I can no longer continue to work with President Yoshimi Yasuda, a man who chooses not to honor promises even when he is able to do so. I truly hope that nothing like this happens again in the future."

In addition to the allegations made in the letter, we've heard rumblings that Itagaki believes that Yasuda has focused too much on making a profit without a regard for quality. While Itagaki's official announcement does not point to any specific releases, recent Tecmo ports such as Rygar for the Wii and Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 are possible targets of Itagaki's anger, which would also explain recent interviews where Itagaki has been especially negative toward Sigma and has said that a PS3 port of Ninja Gaiden 2 would not be good. We've even heard rumors that Yasuda wanted to port Ninja Gaiden Sigma (a PS3 port of a rerelease of an Xbox title) to the Xbox 360 before he was talked out of it by Itagaki and others at Tecmo.

In the same interview we linked to above, Itagaki mentions that he intends for his next game to be "a brand new action game" that will be violent like Ninja Gaiden. It's safe to assume that this game will not be with Tecmo and probably that Itagaki knew that already when he started discussing it. We cannot speculate further as to what Itagaki might be up to next, but considering the timing, there's clearly some very bad blood between Itagaki and Tecmo. The outspoken game maker waited until the evening before Ninja Gaiden 2's release to make this announcement, which is sure to leave a slightly bitter taste in the mouths of many fans picking up their next dose of blood-soaked action.

We'll update with further details on Itagaki's departure and lawsuit as they are uncovered.

SpaceGhost2K
06-22-2008, 05:55 PM
175, 176 and 177 are new.

SpaceGhost2K
07-31-2008, 04:05 PM
New plates from Video Games Live at #178.

gameking28
07-31-2008, 04:14 PM
New plates from Video Games Live at #178.

Mike is actually Tommy's brother - so its Mike Tallarico. :p
That was such a fun concert!

SpaceGhost2K
08-04-2008, 12:23 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029093&postcount=40

New plates, bottom of the second page.

gameking28
08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Dude I'm going to email the SoCal garrison of the 501st right now and when I'm offical I'm totally roping you into making me a plate like #180. ;)
Plate #181 for "Some Guy" is pretty bad ass too.

StrFrey
08-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Dude I'm going to email the SoCal garrison of the 501st right now and when I'm official I'm totally roping you into making me a plate like #180. ;)

TOTALLY worth the wait too! I couldn't be happier with the final product. I just sent Spacey a few pics of our logo and he shot a few ideas back at me and then just went with it. He is an artist :hail: and a man of his word. Plus he used to live here in Oregon too. :D If he ever comes back to visit I will buy him one of these :cheers: Long live the Empire!

SpaceGhost2K
08-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Shucks, y'all. Ain't no thang.

501 represent.

(StrFrey forgot to mention that it took me MONTHS to get his plate done because... well, I blame ADD and Canada.)

wicked_d365
08-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Yeah, Spacey the ****. Got my Chevelle plate in yesterday. Off the chain. Worth every penny.

ali rock 110
08-08-2008, 11:01 AM
181 is tear inducing pretty. Why do you make it so hard to keep money in my pocket and space in my cramped apartment? PM me.

Laters

Ali

StrFrey
08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Look what I just got in:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/strfrey/100_3618.jpg
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/strfrey/100_3619.jpg

Thanks Spacey!! :hail::hail::hail:

SpaceGhost2K
08-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Suhweet. You're welcome. :)

Repo Man 360
08-11-2008, 01:59 AM
I was going through some old pictures and I came across one of me and Space Ghost...the voice actor George Lowe :) .I wouldn't mind meeting up either.

SpaceGhost2K
08-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I was on my way to interview Peter Moore when I walked by a stage and there was Space Ghost on this enormous screen, interviewing Peter Moore. It was pretty funny. I had to choose whether to go on to talk to PM (there were others going so I wouldn't have been missed too much) or stay to talk to Lowe. I went to PM and then tried to find Lowe afterwards but he was long gone.

spartan_043
08-16-2008, 12:32 AM
by any chance spaceghost have you created a "the warriors" faceplate?? I have been looking for some vinyl decals to do my own but its been tough.

SpaceGhost2K
08-16-2008, 04:21 AM
by any chance spaceghost have you created a "the warriors" faceplate?? I have been looking for some vinyl decals to do my own but its been tough.

No, and I just tossed the artwork I was going to scan to make one. I had it forever and never did it.

SpaceGhost2K
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG1145.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG1146.jpg

I painted the background on the keyboard so here's a new shot of the two pieces together, along with a shot of the back.

There are also new plates up at:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029093&postcount=40
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029093&postcount=41

wicked_d365
08-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Controller came out sweet. Looks great. Also, love the Dead Space plate.

JarkMan
08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
OMG!!! the broseidon plate is AMAZING AHAHAHA I LOVE IT U ARE THE BEST SPACE!!

spartan_043
08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
that controller is gorgeous

SpaceGhost2K
09-13-2008, 04:47 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029258&postcount=42

Five new plates in that post. :)

SpaceGhost2K
09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029293&postcount=43

Two more new plates, back towards the front of the thread...

JakofallAces
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Two more new plates, back towards the front of the thread...

nice man my friend loves the gh plate

also i am siked about mirrors edge but the plate doesnt do it for me...anyways bad ass work as always

gameking28
09-16-2008, 03:43 AM
nice man my friend loves the gh plate

also i am siked about mirrors edge but the plate doesnt do it for me...anyways bad ass work as always
I have to disagree with you there - I dig em both. :cheers: That mirror's edge one is cool with the chrome faceplate - fits the style of the game.

SpaceGhost2K
09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Another plate added to: http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029293&postcount=43

gameking28
09-17-2008, 04:46 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
That counts for sure!

spartan_043
09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Another plate added to: http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029293&postcount=43

Ive gotten a lot of questions from my ebay auctions about if I will make people custom plates, is it ok if I refer them to you? Thanks -spartan_043

SpaceGhost2K
09-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Ive gotten a lot of questions from my ebay auctions about if I will make people custom plates, is it ok if I refer them to you? Thanks -spartan_043

Yeah, between me or a couple other people here, we could probably do anything they wanted.

JakofallAces
09-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Yeah, between me or a couple other people here, we could probably do anything they wanted.
ANYTHING??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

spartan_043
09-18-2008, 11:40 PM

ok well check your ebay sticker auction, thats where i sent them, hope you can help them!

SpaceGhost2K
09-19-2008, 09:55 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/SWTFUsigned.jpg

Story back on Page 3.

JakofallAces
09-21-2008, 10:40 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/SWTFUsigned.jpg

Story back on Page 3.

damn man thats sweet. you really have more connections than ghost now i guess, btw where the heck did she go off to, i havent heard seen anything of or about her since before my bannment and the summer WTF

gameking28
09-21-2008, 05:11 PM

Story back on Page 3.

*drool*

SpaceGhost2K
09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
damn man thats sweet. you really have more connections than ghost now i guess, btw where the heck did she go off to, i havent heard seen anything of or about her since before my bannment and the summer WTF

Ghost went to Europe for a month, with the rest of the girls who don't shave their pits.

JakofallAces
09-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Ghost went to Europe for a month, with the rest of the girls who don't shave their pits.

omfg your horrible, i mean wtf is she like a freak show reject or are you just so judgemental of your women??

Damaged Man
10-08-2008, 08:12 PM
shyt dood yuz da mutha fooken man!! yuz reelly R da faceplate gawdd!!! ;)

OBL infad3ll
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM

wow........ i hope your parents didnt pay for your education.
but at least you spelled faceplates correctly

JakofallAces
10-08-2008, 09:39 PM

your english teacher must be sooo proud

gameking28
10-09-2008, 01:24 AM

:rofl: That made my night. Whether he misspelled everything intentionally or not (and I can't imagine anyone spelling that way unintentionally), at least he was complimentary! :cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1029336&postcount=44

New pics. :)

SpaceGhost2K
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1475.jpg

Signed by Cliffy B, the music director, the cinematics director, and six members of the cast/voice actors.

AceAttorney, Gameking28, SuperMonkeyHero and I were all at the event. GameKing got his console signed by Major Nelson.

I brought four faceplates to the event to get signed, and GameKing had the one he won off eBay. Lester Speight, who played "Cole" begged me for one of the plates to give to Zachery Levi, from the TV show "Chuck" who was also there. SMH talked me out of one, too, so I only came away with two signed plates. Lester said he'd actually be up in Bakersfield in a couple of week and he'd track me down. I'm going to give him some plates and he's going to take them back and get them signed.

I showed Cliff his plate that he asked for, and I think he actually blushed. I'm going to mail it to him so it wouldn't get destroyed. It's a little "off color" so I can't link pics of it in the forums.

Fun was had by all.

gameking28
11-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Best. Signing. EVER.

Ok I gotta say this - I went to Emergence Day 2006 when the first GOW was released in Hollywood. Cliff shook my hand and said, "If you don't play the game on Hardcore right out of the box you're a biach!"

You can't back down from a challenge that comes from the guy that made the damn game.

I stood proudly in front of him last night and said, "Two years ago you said if I don't play this game on hardcore right out of the box I'm a biach. Well I took that game home and made it my biach!"

What did Cliff reply you ask?

"Well now you'd better take it home and beat it on Insane mode... BIACH!"

God I love that guy. :rofl:

hellonearth159
11-08-2008, 08:07 AM
I HATE LIVING ON THE EAST COAST!!!!
Sounds like you had a great time. Post more pics!!

gameking28
11-09-2008, 04:19 AM
I'll get a thread up with some pics soon. The East Coast gets some good events from time to time - they do a lot of launches in Manhattan. Depending on what part of Jersey you're in that may/may not be too far. I've got a cousin in Sparta that makes the drive into NY for gaming events sometimes.

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:14 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1408.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1410.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1411.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1412.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1416.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1418.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1419.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1421.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1423.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1424.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1425.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1427.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1433.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1435.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1440.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:19 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1441.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1443.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1446.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1447.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1448.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1449.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1452.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1455.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1456.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1459.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:21 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1464.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1465.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1466.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1467.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/CIMG1475.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Video links (NSFW - Language):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEK_4qN4zjM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAu6dZbtqEs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8GIuN1Y_BQ

Write-up at The Game Reviews:

http://www.thegamereviews.com/article-859-Gears-of-War-2-LA-Launch-Party.html

Air Effex
11-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Geeze, you are lucky. I am not anywhere near all that fun stuff. I'm at college in Fayetteville, AR and Walmart is pretty much the coolest thing here haha.

FlawIe55
11-24-2008, 12:29 PM
space, the cubs plate looks great. I actually forgot to send the link plate on sat, so once i got the cubbies plate today, it reminded me. I'm actually off from work all week, so its getting sent today in the same box... in about an hr, I was debating how to send it, so the shoebox is a great idea. Also, I found the lego lightsaber I was supposed to send with luke a while ago, so that is taped on the flap of the box, dont throw it away.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/6918/cubsplatexboxay0.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
11-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Awesome, thanks :)

wicked_d365
11-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Looks like fun. I wish they would do something like that here in Houston. We always get screwed on the cool stuff.
I would LOVE a signed plate, but I doubt that ever happening.

ali rock 110
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
This thread should never be off the first page. It was Spacey's customs that got me into this site in the first place and this thread's awesomeness level is off the charts. I know that it may bring in a lot of traffic and that Space has moved on but I always feel happy when I look at this page, so from here on in anytime it falls off the first page I'm going to bump it back up. I'm sorry if that offends anyone please forgive my selfishness.

Laters

Ali

SpaceGhost2K
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks.

Yeah, I have a lot of other irons in the fire. I haven't stopped making them, I'm just making some of the same stuff you all have seen before.

GothamXxX
02-08-2009, 09:41 PM
wow all of those are amazing. great job guys

SpaceGhost2K
06-02-2009, 09:34 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG1889.jpg

I made three of these, one for Gameking and one for Chewy76. I took the third one with me to E3. Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, was at the Nintendo booth today and signed it for me! This is darn close to the coolest plate I own now, next to the Iron Giant plate! He thought it was hilarious, and called one of the Nintendo guys over to use HIS camera, and take a picture of the two of us, FOR HIM! I mean, if I get a pic, that's one thing, but he wanted one! I got one on my camera, too. I'll upload it later. We're about to go get some food.

I also made a couple of really good connections today, that might get us 300+ more plates in our store :D

gameking28
06-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I didn't realize THAT was the Mario plate you had him sign! So cool!
Man that's just such a funny story. The voice of Mario, a character synonymous with Nintendo, signing an Xbox 360 faceplate. I love it!

SpaceGhost2K
12-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Two new plates. Been a long time. Not that I haven't made anything, they've just been stuff you've all seen before.

BAYONETTA. This plate was painted with a tshirt paint so that the paint wouldn't dry flat. It was painted with a stiff brush in swirls like Bayonetta's hair, which is her main weapon in the game (not to mention her costoume, rowr.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Bayo1.jpg

LEGO INDIANA JONES. I wanted to make this and couldn't find a figure cheap enough. They gave away figure keychains for the launch of the second Indy game, so I used that. The plate is painted in 3-4 different browns and sealed with gloss. The Lego logo and Indy lettering are yellow, white, red and black, and there's a gold ark of the Covenant behind Indy.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Indy1.jpg

**EDIT** These are both for sale if you're interested, but I'll be listing them on eBay later tonight if you're not. :)

Vampero
12-11-2009, 05:58 PM
I can't wait to get mine!!!:rockout:

SpaceGhost2K
12-12-2009, 01:09 AM
It's in the works. Slow process though.

Vampero
12-12-2009, 06:41 AM
It's in the works. Slow process though.

I'm just pumped!!Take your time on that master piece!! :hail:

Vampera13
12-12-2009, 05:13 PM
These are awesome faceplates for the XBOX360 great work! :rockout:

SpaceGhost2K
04-29-2010, 10:51 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG3337.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG3341.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/CIMG3347.jpg

Lines and text glow in the dark.

eatlead
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
sweet work. those star wars ones are cool.

blueamcat
11-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Looked through your masterpiece artwork and realized I have seen a few of these for sale over the years. I am so impressed. Finally I meet the maker!

blueamcat
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Oops. Double post. :/ Anyway, you still making custom plates Space?

SpaceGhost2K
11-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I can still do printed plates, but I don't do the painted ones anymore. I gave away most of my paint stuff to a club on campus for making signs (not my club) and I don't have room in the place I'm renting right now.

fa.subcostume.com is still up if you want to print your own, or I can help.