PDA

View Full Version : Variation's collection

Variation-XBA
11-08-2007, 11:49 PM
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v124/214/75/823340429/n823340429_1297867_167.jpg
http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v124/214/75/823340429/n823340429_1068094_1525.jpg
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v124/214/75/823340429/n823340429_1068088_9217.jpg

I've gotten a few more since this older pictures like the Halo ones and the Ace Combat and some Saint's Row's ones.

Feel free to PM if you have any others that you are willing to sell (I'm not trading)

Conchord
11-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you giving any away, by chance?

I am really poor :(

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Are you giving any away, by chance?

I am really poor :(

Actually, I DO have 3 extra Saint's Row ones and about a dozen Outfit ones.... ;)

Question is, what are YOU going to do for it ;)

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Ooooh, you've got a couple there that I need. The yellow lava lamp one, and The Outfit. Where did you get the Outfit ones, a regular store like Best Buy? I've been afraid to get The Outfit, Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2 because there's a huge number of bootlegs out there of those three specific plates.

I've got a number of Saints Row plates too. I just figured I'd use them as bases for customs.

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Ooooh, you've got a couple there that I need. The yellow lava lamp one, and The Outfit. Where did you get the Outfit ones, a regular store like Best Buy? I've been afraid to get The Outfit, Quake 4 and Call of Duty 2 because there's a huge number of bootlegs out there of those three specific plates.

I've got a number of Saints Row plates too. I just figured I'd use them as bases for customs.

Outfit was free at EB at launch, and since I have a manager friend, I was given enough... ;)

I got the Q4/CoD2 etc ones early and right away to hoepfully minimize on the fake, though I did find out my PGR one is....but oh well.

do you just sand/peel off the 'label' and use that as a base?

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2007, 02:18 AM
If you got the Outfit plates at an EB, hang onto one for me because I want to work a deal out with you.

I sand the plates down just enough to get the shiny part off so the primer has something to grab onto. That is, unless it's one of those Pelican plates, then I totally sand off that logo because it doesn't lay flat. :(

Conchord
11-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Can someone tell me why you would want to make boot leg faceplates?

Also, if I were to want to paint my xbox, what type of paint would stick best?

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Can someone tell me why you would want to make boot leg faceplates?

Some plates that are limited and they only make say 500 or so, they go for big money on Ebay.....so bootleg one, sell it, and voila.

Conchord
11-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Also, if I were to paint my xbox, what type of paint would stick (read: look) best?

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Also, if I were to paint my xbox, what type of paint would stick (read: look) best?

I don't recommend painting your Xbox directly. If you paint it with the case assembled, you risk getting paint inside the vents and hurting the guts. You also 100% void your warranty. MS won't touch it with a ten foot pole if it's painted. Same deal with opening the console. Instant voided warranty. Plus, opening the box is considered modding, which isn't permissible to discuss in these forums. (Not to mention that I'm totally anti-mod).

If you want to decorate the sides of your 360 AND keep your warranty intact, get vinyl skins or stickers or something. The local vinyl cutter who makes car window stickers can cut almost any design you want. Ask them for details.

Or you could do what I did with the original Xbox. I found an empty case, decorated it as I liked and displayed it. (It was DOAX Skins, BTW :) I displayed it with my other DOA stuff.)

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Variation, what is the plate you're holding with all the signatures? I hope to get a definitive catalog of all corporate plates. There are already a couple of sites that have something similar, like www.lowdown411.com. I'd rather partner with them and work something out than try to reinvent the wheel.

Conchord
11-09-2007, 03:08 PM
I don't recommend painting your Xbox directly. If you paint it with the case assembled, you risk getting paint inside the vents and hurting the guts. You also 100% void your warranty. MS won't touch it with a ten foot pole if it's painted. Same deal with opening the console. Instant voided warranty. Plus, opening the box is considered modding, which isn't permissible to discuss in these forums. (Not to mention that I'm totally anti-mod).

I don't mod either (I am too stupid), but I would really like to paint my xbox anyway. I have already had it refurbed, and it works fine... besides, my warranty is about to expire anyways, so I will pay them to fix it if it ****s up again.

I don't want to ruin my innards, however... perhaps you can tell me a safe way to remove the case as to not get paint inside?

And if anyone knows what the best type of paint to use on the side (I will probably just be using a brush set), I would really appreciate it.

SpaceGhost2K
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't mod either (I am too stupid), but I would really like to paint my xbox anyway. I have already had it refurbed, and it works fine... besides, my warranty is about to expire anyways, so I will pay them to fix it if it ****s up again.

I don't want to ruin my innards, however... perhaps you can tell me a safe way to remove the case as to not get paint inside?

And if anyone knows what the best type of paint to use on the side (I will probably just be using a brush set), I would really appreciate it.

I've never removed a case. Like I said, that gets into modding and I'm against that. One kid gets electrocuted and I'd feel horrible. Just don't do it. Find another way.

Also, that's what I means about Microsoft not touching it with a ten foot pole. Once you open that box, they won't repair it at all, under warranty OR if you pay them. They won't accept the responsibility when they have no idea what YOU might have done to the inside of the box. They'll see that it's been opened, and mail it right back to you.

Variation-XBA
11-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Variation, what is the plate you're holding with all the signatures?

Most of the Red Vs Blue Guys, Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade, the Band from Optimus Rhyme, the producer from Table Tennis, and someone else I cant remember at the moment.

Conchord
11-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Jeez everyone but Bill Gates... how much head did you give for that one?

Variation-XBA
11-10-2007, 02:32 AM
Jeez everyone but Bill Gates... how much head did you give for that one?

None, they serviced ME ;)

Bakeman
11-10-2007, 05:35 PM
wow Var you got a lot there... crazy