PDA

View Full Version : A quick study...

Highlite23
03-04-2002, 01:46 PM
Are you tired of yourPS2 toting freinds telling you that "In all the PS2 library has better games, Look at the scores"

Well i'm here to put that to rest.......

Based on ALL the games reviewed in last months GI the average score for games on each system are as follows:

PS2=7.0
XB=7.0
GC=6.5

Hugh_Jass
03-04-2002, 07:49 PM
I did a similar study for PS2 and XBOX launch titles. The popular opinion around here is that XBOX had a stronger launch lineup. However, the average review score for the XBOX launch titles was slightly less than that of the PS2. Go figure. Of course, reviews are so subjective that the study was bound to be flawed from the start.

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 08:01 PM
XBOX obviously had a better launch title. They had the game HALO and DOA3!!!

I remember when PS2 came out and i wanted to get it, but the launch titles came out and I was quite unimpressed and decided to wait. I waited one year (luckily) but was greabbed by Bill Gates and XBOX.

The PS2 launch titles were aweful. Its best game was SSX, and its second was Timesplitters. Now who plays timesplitters now??

PS2's games were being made fun of by critics says DC had better games. Which was very, very true at the time. There were also major FPS problems with NHL 2001. Whenever one would pass, the FPS rate would go to around 18.

OMG, XBOX's launch titles totally dominated PS2 launch titles. and thats jsut a sign of things to come.

Razor70
03-04-2002, 08:16 PM
Actually I think the biggest launch title that Ps2 had was Madden...I do believe it sold the most copies, followed closely by SSX and Timesplitters.