PDA

View Full Version : Can the XBOX Kill?

Phiresun
03-04-2002, 02:16 PM
Spreading the blame

The Not Me Decade, in which everybody else is responsible for everything, continues:

The family of a 30-year-old man who bought a Nintendo 64 game system and started playing on it eight hours a day, six days a week, at which point he started suffering seizures but continued to play on it through five seizures over 17 months until a sixth seizure killed him, is suing Nintendo because he suffered a fatal seizure while playing on it.

This is from the Chicago Sun-Times March 4, 2002

BY ZAY N. SMITH SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

http://www.suntimes.com/output/quicktakes/cst-nws-qt041.html

:cool:

JJaX
03-04-2002, 02:17 PM
What a fool. How do you die in real life playing a dam game.

RudedogX
03-04-2002, 02:19 PM
And what again, does this have to do with an XBox killing? Oh, I get it, games, other consoles games killed someone, so why not the XBoxes? Well, if a N64 killed someone in 6 siezures, i'd have to say one maybe two at the max with an XBox!:D

Phiresun
03-04-2002, 02:22 PM
Don't get me wrong I am by no means bashing my beloved XBOX, I just thought it was a little too funny to keep to myself. The very thought of a game being the cause of someones dimise.

JJaX
03-04-2002, 02:23 PM
wouldnt a normal person just sto playing after like his 3rd siezure???

S4it, After i puke and get the runs after a hard battle in halo i at least take a break.

DIGITAL
03-04-2002, 02:33 PM
that guy must of died to photosensitive seizures,its really rare but it can happen,thats why theres saftey information on every game,first page on any game booklet. Ive actually got sick once playing the xbox after a night of drinking.i got reallty dizzy then fell on the floor,woke up in my own puke.

RudedogX
03-04-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

S4it, After i puke and get the runs after a hard battle in halo i at least take a break.

DUDE! Way too much information!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

JJaX...I need more info...lots of details, please.... :D

RudedogX
03-04-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

JJaX...I need more info...lots of details, please.... :D

lol...Bastard!:D

benz_300sl
03-04-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Phiresun
Spreading the blame

The Not Me Decade, in which everybody else is responsible for everything, continues:

The family of a 30-year-old man who bought a Nintendo 64 game system and started playing on it eight hours a day, six days a week, at which point he started suffering seizures but continued to play on it through five seizures over 17 months until a sixth seizure killed him, is suing Nintendo because he suffered a fatal seizure while playing on it.

This is from the Chicago Sun-Times March 4, 2002

BY ZAY N. SMITH SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

http://www.suntimes.com/output/quicktakes/cst-nws-qt041.html

:cool: there's no way that they would in a case against Nintendo. Also because Nintendo didn tell them to have ABSOLUTELY NO LIFE, and even is someone actually did have a seizure playing the system...i'm pretty sure after they recorvered theyd stay the h3ll away from the system

if this is evern true... :rolleyes:

oh yeah, and thats a tabloid isnt it?:rolleyes:

rr9597
03-04-2002, 03:21 PM
dude, that is funny, I bet if he was playing xbox he would have died the first time, why you say? Because the XBOX is sweet?

Snoopy7548
03-04-2002, 04:46 PM
he deserved to die, if he took the seizures seriously, this wouldnt have fu*king happened, and it says in the booklets and stuff, it you have experienced seizures, then you should consult your doctor or something before playing games, but he ignored 5 seizures? what a dumb fu*k. i would have stopped even with 1 seizure. what a fu*kin retard.