PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed review is up.

Kamshaft
11-13-2007, 12:08 AM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/staff_review/12900.html

Let me know what you think guys!

Yannie Boy
11-13-2007, 12:12 AM
Great Review! Makes me want to get the game and jump right into it ASAP.

BlindSniper
11-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Thanks for leaving out some story; I'm a real sucker for an immersive story. It got me pumped up to get my own grubby hands on this! I'm curious what kind of score/track is used throughout different situations in the game. Sounds gotta be beautiful too.

And yeah, I was checking back every 5 minutes to see the review. Thanky

GamerSince'76
11-13-2007, 12:39 AM
The review is excellent. Very well written. You even noticed that buildings in poor areas weren`t as high as in richer areas. I`ll be getting this game for sure.

l Maximus l
11-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that you absolutely hated the game.....

hahaha...jk! Sounds like the game is very promising! I'm not a die hard action/adventure gamer, but, I must say, even that review gets me pretty excited! Nicely done, brother Stephen!

Nato King
11-13-2007, 05:23 AM
The review is excellent. Very well written. You even noticed that buildings in poor areas weren`t as high as in richer areas. I`ll be getting this game for sure.

What did I say gamersince'76. stephen knows how to write good reviews and even if he didn't write it that review would have still been this good.

very nice review.

Like someone said also very well written. I only wish I can write that good.:hail: I will be getting this game.

GamerSince'76
11-13-2007, 06:42 AM
What did I say gamersince'76. stephen knows how to write good reviews and even if he didn't write it that review would have still been this good.

very nice review.

Like someone said also very well written. I only wish I can write that good.:hail: I will be getting this game.

I've seen this a lot:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed

It's right in there. :cool:

Nato King
11-13-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah that's nice too see. I am surprised to see 1up give it a 70.

Gametrailer reveiw
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27616.html

Jaken Bear
11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Nice review Stephen. I'm glad the game lived up to the very high expectations you had for it. Launch party tommorow in Toronto...maybe Altair will be there in person. See you then!

Kamshaft
11-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Nice review Stephen. I'm glad the game lived up to the very high expectations you had for it. Launch party tommorow in Toronto...maybe Altair will be there in person. See you then!

Thanks Jake. We'll see you then! The party should rock!
:cheers:

GamerSince'76
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM

Toronto this, Toronto that. Launch party this. Launch party that. We have the Leafs, We have the Argo's, Look how snazzy Bloor Street is...

Winnipeg is just as classy. We are fully expecting Jake the homeless whino to show up at our Assassin's Creed launch party. For a $1.00 he'll pick a meth scab off his face and eat it. Dinner is fried balogne and perogies. Yum.

j\k about Toronto. Beautiful city. Anyone who lives there is lucky. :cheers:

Jaken Bear
11-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Haha Too funny 76!

Rest assured though, we have a homeless whino on every corner, and each of them has a gimmick. You can't actually be homeless in Toronto unless you have a gimmick, fancy sign, or some talent like playing sppons. Sad but true. :(

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
very nice review man... I was getting the game anyways but your review pushed me to get it faster. Other sites gave it some awful reviews.. sites that where singing praises of next gen.., awesomeness.. all of a sudden went south on the game. The things they where saying was nonsense.... ...

the only thing this game lacked was I'd rather, they had left out the drug compan,ancestor story line, and just made the game about the creed its background..., this game was based on actual historicle events that should of been the storyline we kill for good (which is said) and boom greatest game in 07 lol... atleast to me.. but the game is fantastic i ignor the sci-fi bull and enjoy the historicle...realism of the game..

CarGuy
11-16-2007, 12:50 AM
I wouldnt say I completely disagree with you, but you gave that game waaaaay too high of a score. The game is gorgeous and running around is fun.. but I regret buying it. I was fooled again into thinking a video game might actually have a good story. (ugh!!!!) The game is far from a 9.6. Thats what I think.. I'll just stick to my usual practice of subtracting 2 points from every XBA review. No suprise.

Variation-XBA
11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
I was fooled again into thinking a video game might actually have a good story. (ugh!!!!) The game is far from a 9.6.

I disagree, I'm enjoying the overall plot (though I'm only 2 boss assasination's in) and think it's a cool twist.

From what I've played so far, I'd be leaning towards a strong 9. There is some minor flaws and glitches, that don't necessarily take away from the experience, but enough to be noticed.

laughs
11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
That's a fantastic review Stephen! Wow, you gave it a 96% too... I'll have to check this thing out over the holidays :cheers:

Pathogen
11-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Assassin's Creed is an amazing game. I completely agree with your review. Each time I see sites like IGN and 1UP give great games bad reviews, I lose a little bit of respect for them. XBA has always been a source of excellent, non-financially motivated reviews. Keep up the good work guys.

GamerSince'76
11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I have read reviews that the game is too long and repetative. A game like CoD4 is about 6 hours long and gets critisized for that. Reviewers can't seem to make up their minds whether a long or short game is good or bad.

Then reviewers say AC is too repetative. Most videogames are so it's a mute point. I posted a link to a blog about someone saying that it's just reviewers trying to make a name for themselves. Makes sense. Halo 3 (last time) I counted (at Metacritic) got 18 perfect scores of 100. Not many of us would read all 18 articles but some assclown scores the game a 70 and gets publicity.

AC is a great game that tries something different and does it well. You really get into playing the main character. I almost let the negative reviews stop me from buying the game. I'm glad I didn't.

ShannonX
11-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm definately glad I picked up this game. Been working my way through (rescuing all civilians and getting all view points). Sure there is some repetition duing all that, but I simply love the fact that you can do each of those things in any way you want, walking down the street, shanking any gaurds that piss you off, or running around on top of buildings, jumping from roof to roof. Definately the most fun game I've played in a long time. (I'm only 3 assasinations into it so far about to do my 4th)

mattgame
12-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I just started the game and let me say that it is intriguing, fresh, gorgeous, and easy to play. I am really feeling this one and I am becoming even more of a fan of the 360 because of this game among others. Great so far.

Oh and I almost forgot taking that flying leap of faith is awesome!!