PDA

View Full Version : Our TOP chart?

Kamshaft
11-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Alright guys,

Our "TOP" game charts have pretty much been the same since day one. Any game with at least 5 reviews, jump on to the charts and stays there. And whether it goes up or down depends on the score.

We're trying to build a better mouse trap here, a better "TOP 10" or whatever. What I'm looking for are ideas on what type of formula, or equation would work at XBA? What was music based on, before downloads. Television, how does their ratings work?

Need some ideas here. Good ones.
Thanks!
:hardcore:

Kraft
11-15-2007, 02:42 AM
( (views per day) * (average score / 10) ) / abs( ( (Today's Date) - Release Date ) /10)

abs = absolute value btw

The way this formula works would be to get a base rating by taking the views per day and multiplying it by its decimal score. 1000 views per day of a 7/10 (or .7 game) would yield a base score of 700.

The bottom of the fraction would narrow the relevance by figuring how close to release it is. A game on release day would get divided by one, so in our example the 7/10 game would get a score of 700. Now if a game is being released or was released 30 days before or after it would get a score of 700 / 3 or 233.33.

This is just an idea, feel free to adjust or propose new ideas.

Kamshaft
11-15-2007, 07:23 AM
It's a start!

Kraft
11-16-2007, 12:22 AM
It's a start!

I guess my idea wins.