PDA

View Full Version : Artistpavel's Customs

artistpavel
11-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Sup Everybody!! Here are the first 3 faceplates I wanted to share: the first one was actually my first from 2006, same goes for Halo. The Alien is my last commissioned work, I'm a fan of these creatures. I paint with brushes and acrylics, sometimes use sponge for special effects:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/215/511398094_734dcc3062.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/511431277_91aa13a389.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2050/1922987276_f60564540f.jpg

More at: paveldolgov.com/faceplates (http://www.paveldolgov.com/faceplates) and Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/artistpavel/sets/72157600266931519/detail/)

SpaceGhost2K
11-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Now see, THAT'S what I'm talking about. That Pink Spartan with the teddy bear you did for BS Angel is awesome, too. I linked to your tutorial video in another thread and I hope you can share some current projects with us as they come up.

Variation-XBA
11-16-2007, 01:22 AM
lol, I love where you have to push to power on the left one with the woman

SamSmith
11-16-2007, 06:17 AM
That's absolutely incredible.... wish i could paint like that.

Nato King
11-16-2007, 06:53 AM
wow you are good. Good have have you here at XBA and I can't wait to see more from you. Do you have a assassin's creed faceplate. just asking.

Shawn-XBA
11-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Wow, very nice. The Halo one is my favorite but all of them are awesome.

BTW, Welcome to the site!

moltenluv
11-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi and welcome! I am a big fan of your work. I have thought about commissioning you to do a faceplate for me but I can't make up my mind what I would want on it. Maybe someday I will decided :watchout:

Eddie_the_Hated
12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Fantastic plates, as always. I think I've actually had a brief conversation with you on your painting methods before, via YouTube. For your pieces, do you ever use Aerosol-based primer/base color, or do you stick to sponges & brushes?

ali rock 110
12-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I llike the whole look of the faceplates. they have an old school Marvel comics Pin Up style to them. While the "Alien" joint appeals to me the most, the Hottie in the Two Piece is a great way in incorpate the Light up icon on the 360. Props to you for the work.

Laters

Ali

artistpavel
01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks for comments guys, sorry I haven't posted here in a while !

@Eddie_the_Hated:
I just happened to have primer in the bottle, so I use the sponge to put it on. Aerosols work well too.
I like to use brushes, it just feels natural, same way as I paint traditional landscapes.

Nato King
01-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh I see. I am glad you are back. Any new faceplates you have done since your last visit. If so please post we all would like to see.

ChRoNiK120
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
amazing work. i am looking in to buying one maybe... :)

tinytoonsbuster
02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
i'm buying one! here's the picture i'm having him go off. he's doing the first scetching right now. i can't wait to see what it turns out like!!

SpaceGhost2K
02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
That's awesome.

Someday the stars will all be in alignment and I'll be able to get a plate from him.

JakofallAces
02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
i'm buying one! here's the picture i'm having him go off. he's doing the first scetching right now. i can't wait to see what it turns out like!!

what is that and its awesome except for the pokemon on her back what the heck??? cant wait to see how it looks great job tinytoon for being first here to get one yaya. :hail::hail::hail:

tinytoonsbuster
02-12-2008, 03:34 PM
HE is my favorite character in my favorite game. star ocean the second story for playstation one. and they're not pokemon. they're dragons =p

JakofallAces
02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
HE is my favorite character in my favorite game. star ocean the second story for playstation one. and they're not pokemon. they're dragons =p

Thats a guy damn those japanese are great at making the sexes look the same. Thats cool, though the dragons are deffinitly pokemon u knw charzard and frozen charzard.

XBOX FRE4K
03-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey Pavel!
I just found you through Google while searching "custom painted 360s" and spent quite a bit of time on your website.
I'm thinking about painting 360 accessories myself and you and SpaceGhost are truly inspirational!
I'm a muralist/faux finisher by trade,but I need to supplement my income and this looks like something I would truly enjoy.
Hopefully I'll get started on my 1st faceplate soon and post it here to see what y'all think.

UNV Superkid
03-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey Pavel!
I just found you through Google while searching "custom painted 360s" and spent quite a bit of time on your website.
I'm thinking about painting 360 accessories myself and you and SpaceGhost are truly inspirational!
I'm a muralist/faux finisher by trade,but I need to supplement my income and this looks like something I would truly enjoy.
Hopefully I'll get started on my 1st faceplate soon and post it here to see what y'all think.

welcome to the site mate and good luck on your new endeavor i know i am always looking forward to seeing new artist and their ideas, hope to see some pics soon...

JakofallAces
03-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Pavel!

hey and whats happening but i would advise you to send him a private message if you want to commission him he doesnt visit often so it might attract him more than a post on his thread:hump:

XBOX FRE4K
03-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm not interested in buying right now.I want to start painting these on my own.
I realize from perusing the forum that he doesn't come here often.He's a busy guy.

JakofallAces
03-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm not interested in buying right now.I want to start painting these on my own.
I realize from perusing the forum that he doesn't come here often.He's a busy guy.

well then check the sticky thread at the top of the customs page on how to make a custom plate that should help you out:yikes: