PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE MUST get Tony Hawk 3 (see why)

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 04:29 PM
I was contemplating whether or not to get THPS3, but now I feel as I must. See this article at http://xbox.ign.com/articles/136/136375p1.html.

There are nso many extras for tony hawk on XBOX than PS2:

- One Xbox exclusive level in addition to the levels found in previous versions of the game.
- Use custom created soundtracks stored on the Xbox hard drive.
One Xbox exclusive hidden character often described as "spooky" and/or "scary"
- Four player system link play (No online play).
- Full featured Create-a-Skater mode
- Multiplayer games include Slap!, King of the Hill, Trick Attack and Graffitti.

The only thing I want to know is if the soundtrack is playable while gaming... probably.

Comments aboot the game?....

Romo28
03-04-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac
I was contemplating whether or not to get THPS3, but now I feel as I must. See this article at http://xbox.ign.com/articles/136/136375p1.html.

The only thing I want to know is if the soundtrack is playable while gaming... probably.

Yes, you can listen to the music in the game. They have that feature in THPS2x. I like to listen to Tom Petty :) Especially Free Falling.

Azazel
03-04-2002, 04:36 PM
Already had it pre-ordered for a month. Cant wait.

wweomaniac
sweet!!!! thanks for answering.!! I like to listen to elevation in amped... bet it would go well with THPS

Chaotic
UMmmmmm, wonder who the hidden Characther is.

Maybe TOM GREEN????

:rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
03-04-2002, 04:38 PM
im not getting it, im so sick of the tony hawk series, im not gonna waste money on another game, theyre all the same, i have thps3 for the psx (i downloaded the iso), so i can just play that instead of paying 50 bucks

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 05:02 PM
TOM GREEN?? are you serious?? Do you alredy know that or are you playing with me?

Tom Green is a native of Ottawa and everyone here loves him.

Azazel
03-04-2002, 05:06 PM
Mentor,
According to Offical Xbox Magazine there are a bunch of Hidden characters that are exclusive to xbox. Not to mention the ones that are in all consoles (darth maul etc). Should be fun.

wweomaniac
03-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Ty818...... which month OXM is this?

rr9597
03-04-2002, 05:10 PM
I cant wait. The Tony Hawk Series gets better every time, and from my N64 THPS2 to my XBOX should be a change I really want to see. CReate a skater looks like the best its ever been, very detailed, Im making a skater that looks almost EXACTLY like me. The oil rig will be great along with the XBOX only secret characters!

Snoopy7548
03-04-2002, 06:09 PM
the tony hawk series gets more boring everytime, i played the first level of the third game, and i just quit, its so boring, having to get every single challenge on every single level, it gets so repetitive and boring. i'll probly never play a thps game again cause the thought of it makes me sick:eek: :eek:

dougi3000
03-04-2002, 06:18 PM
I think the Xbox one has different challenges for each character.
That was what they said they would put in the Xbox version.......

I am not sure if they actually did that

FpS_PhReeK
03-04-2002, 06:33 PM
I am trading THPS2X and my dust covered GPR for THPS3 at EB,,,, I cannot wait. I was very happy with THPS2X, top notch game, gave me tons of replay and multiplay hours.

PhReeK out!

Toder
03-04-2002, 06:34 PM
the secret charaters in thps for ps2 were Wolverine, Darth Maul, some bum, a lazy fat cop, and i think some chick.

Frink
03-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i have thps3 for the psx (i downloaded the iso), so i can just play that instead of paying 50 bucks

The PSX version is way different then the Xbox version. I played the PSX version and I own the PS2 version and I can tell you they are 2 different games. The PSX version's levels are way smaller and the challenges are annoying. I can see how you could hate the PSX version. The PS2 version is leaps and bounds beyond the PSX version. I was so addicted I beat it with every character (a total of 24 times). I would at least rent the Xbox version. You might like it.

E-Xbox
03-04-2002, 06:54 PM
yo
i am gettin THPS 3 and i already own THPS 2x for my xbox
thps games are soooo good
i have thps 3 for ps1 but the ps1 version is WAY diff than the ps2, gc, and xbox version
so i am gonna pick it up....
i cant wait
u will prob be able to play this game on GS cuz u can already play thps 2x on there...
and i love listenign to my own music

peace all