PDA

View Full Version : The Top 10 Excuses for Losing

Shawn-XBA
11-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Excuse #10

The game was broken

Losing is inevitable when the game itself is working against you. How were you supposed to see that guy coming around the corner with such awful camera control? Those shotguns are over-powered and really need to be nerfed. Whose idea was it to design these camper-friendly maps? These sorts of issues are completely out of your control. Do the right thing by refusing to admit defeat and blame the real culprits, the ones who made the game.

Excuse #9

The controller was broken

Faulty controls have served as a scapegoat for frustrated losers since the dawn of gaming. Your big-headed opponent will try to rub it in by bragging about how awesome he is. But it couldn’t be as simple as that could it? Surely, the more logical explanation would be that the controller - which was working fine yesterday - just decided to magically stop registering your commands during your moment of need. Yeah, that must be it.

Excuse #8

You were lagging

You’ve got the enemy locked in the beads of your sights. You’re just about to pull the trigger to score a glorious headshot when the sound suddenly cuts off and your frames per second drop to zero. You’re lagging, and the next thing you know, you’re on your back watching some jerk tea bag your face.

Excuse #7

That guy was cheating

Game developers have cracked down hard on cheating in games where online multiplayer action is the main attraction. But don’t let programs like PunkBuster or constant updates - that fix exploits - stop you from citing cheating as the real reason you lost.

Excuse #6

We’re not rich

Let’s say that the controller is working, there was no cheating and the game designers don’t seem to be out to get you. If you lose, it’s probably just because you’re not as rich as your enemy.

Excuse #5

Visual interference

Rest assured that it doesn’t count if you die while someone is blocking your view of the screen. Common culprits include family, friends, hungry roommates and pets.

You’ll need to sever yourself from any connections with breathing mammals if you never want to lose because of visual interference again. But it’s a small price to pay for achieving a life free of jerks that dare to walk the path that lies between you and your screen.

Excuse #4

Having a life

You may be good, but who has the time to memorize each weapon spawn point or every inch of the map? All too often, the real reason why you sometimes lose has nothing to do with your skill, and everything to do with the fact that you have a life. Sure, it may be “solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short,” but it still keeps you busy.

Without the need to attend to family, friends, significant others, work, school and punching your roommate in throat for blocking your view of the screen; that anonymous opponent who beat you may think he won. But you can rest assured that because you had other things to do, a winner is you.

Excuse #3

You were drunk

You didn’t lose because someone else was better than you. You were just drunk, okay? Did they wonder why you kept spinning in place and committing suicide with the rocket launcher? You don’t know either, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Tell them to leave you be. You had a rough night.

Excuse #2

You weren’t well

What’s worse than losing? Losing when you are sick, that’s what. How could you possibly compete with your clogged sinuses, sore throat and aching body? Combine that with your dulled senses due to the medication ****tail of codeine and cough syrup and even you wonder how you were able to sit up at the time.

Excuse #1

On the phone

Distractions are often the real reason you were defeated. For example, that time you took a call from your sister while playing Call of Duty 4? There’s no way you would’ve let that one guy sneak up on you for a cheap kill if you didn’t feel compelled to at least feign interest in what she was saying. She might have been telling you something about her boyfriend proposing to her. What's his name? Lance? You hate that guy.

Link (http://www.gamesradar.com/us/xbox360/game/news/article.jsp?releaseId=20060321132945404017&articleId=20071121115451538001&sectionId=1006&pageId=200711211205949036)

Whats your #1 excuse?

I use two of those, I usually say that it was due to lag or the other player was cheating :p

Slowride
11-22-2007, 08:44 PM
lag..

Variation-XBA
11-22-2007, 11:59 PM
laaaaaaaaag!!!

Ainokeatoo
11-23-2007, 03:48 AM
Haha my normal excuse isn't on there... 'GOD DAMNIT I PRESSED THE WRONG ****ING BUTTON' is what I normally say lol... But most of the time I am a good spirited gamer and tell them *especially at the end of a cod4 match where they can't see who's talking* some weird excuse like "Glad to know you guys can hide" *which in itself is very true but I like to hear reactions... Also my favorite one that i've developed in cod is.......... My gun jammed T-T... :) Or if we're in halo.... My plasma gun ran out of AAA batteries...

Conchord
11-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I have no idea why the hell I die in any video game, unless its a legit mistake on my part.

Like in Halo 3, I will unload on an enemy who is charging right at me, bringing down their shield, then I melee them (I hear the hit land), to which they melee me once and send me flying across the map. Keep in mind, they didn't shoot me at all on the way it, didn't hit me from behind, and didn't give me the one-two punch from the shot gun.

I think they are all glitching. (My favorite excuse from Vegas)

Mendo
11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Excuse number 3 works for me

Reclaimer
11-28-2007, 09:47 PM
I have a life. That usually keeps me from doing those flying-jumping turnaround sniper headshots.

I play because I enjoy a good game. I don't have time to practice at it like it's my job.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
i heard one the other day while me and this other guy where, cursing each other out on gears in mansion he was pissed cause i kept on killing him all 9 rounds when the game said 10 and i killed him(he was the last kill so i smoked tagged him as he layed there) and in the player screen he goes like that wasnt even me that was my LITTLE BROTHER..., i said to him lmao good im glad now i f'ed everyone in ur family up.., including ur mom lol :whistle:

wulkar
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
i use the "cheap" one and the "game is broken" one.

FaTBaLLa21
12-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I have no excuses, Cause I dont lose!!!! j/k

bloodlines
12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Lagging and controller for me. Damn Wireless controllers lol.

Anyway you forgot the "I'm not even playing for real" excuse. You know that one where your beating somebody then they start killing themself so they can say they were just playing around? :hardcore:

Ainokeatoo
12-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Anyway you forgot the "I'm not even playing for real" excuse. You know that one where your beating somebody then they start killing themself so they can say they were just playing around? :hardcore:

Lmao I use that so much it's hilarious. Although when i'm not playing for real you'd really know lol i'd go from 30-40 kills to 15 haha. But I do like to tell my team to say, especially when we start to lose a game while we're on a streak, at the end of the round i'd go "We had to let you win at least one" haha, then usually that's followed up with an angry launch and then a pwn by my team.

bloodlines
12-11-2007, 12:09 AM
No you have to say "Ok boys, I guess today's practice session is over. Time to get down to business. Now let's find some REAL players." then everyone leave.

Xbox Live Man
12-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Lag...mainly cause my 360 is too far from my router meaning online...its laggage :p & untill I bought a new one...my ps2, xbox & 360 all REALLY did have broken controllers (from being smashed in frustration).

bloodlines
12-11-2007, 12:35 AM
You and me both man. I broke two ps2 controllers and somehow managed to jam a shoulder button on my wired controller. I am not as angry as I used to be, which is a REALLY, REALLY good thing.

Ainokeatoo
12-11-2007, 12:57 AM
No you have to say "Ok boys, I guess today's practice session is over. Time to get down to business. Now let's find some REAL players." then everyone leave.

lol Well that's the thing I like to stay in the room to try and win even when I lose, it gives a good challenge and keeps me awake when i'm dozing off in boredom haha.

Soda Jones
12-11-2007, 01:40 AM
Best one I heard over Live is "it's hard to concentrate, my girlfriend is giving me a favor."

Variation-XBA
12-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Best one I heard over Live is "it's hard to concentrate, my girlfriend is giving me a favor."

Hey hey hey....it is hard to concentrate when she's doin that....like when she does it and I'm driving as well.

Conchord
12-11-2007, 10:10 PM
You should treat her with respect, Variation.

Also, please join me for some Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Variation-XBA
12-11-2007, 10:35 PM
You should treat her with respect, Variation.

Also, please join me for some Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

I return the favor to her, don't worry ;)

I'll get my LIVE back up on Thursday night, so be on! (I'm in the middle of moving, hence no LIVE for a week now)

Fargoth
12-11-2007, 11:36 PM
your missing a few
1 being high
2 someone annoying you (rl or gamewise)
3 your team sucks
4 freind was playing
5 not playing for real
6 you werent playing half the game
7 your mom
8 medical problums
9 :hump:
10 you not being worth the effort

Variation-XBA
12-12-2007, 10:29 PM
9 :hump:
That's usually my problem....can't ever get her to stop riding me :eek:

Conchord
12-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Tell us more, please.

Variation-XBA
12-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Why, when pics do much better justice

Conchord
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I am deleting any picture messeges I receive from you over XBL, without opening them.

Fargoth
12-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Tell us more, please.

who me?

Variation-XBA
12-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I am deleting any picture messeges I receive from you over XBL, without opening them.

I know you better than that, you're gunna look ;)

Conchord
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Perhaps. But still, don't send them. I don't need that against me, I've already got enough to explain to god.