PDA

View Full Version : Game Prices Around the World

BDHES
03-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Just a bit of curiousity on my part...I've noticed that some games have really dropped in price since the X-Mas holiday is over. Every single game was $49.99 throughout December. I was reading the paper yesterday and noticed that certain games have dropped dramatically! For example

December
Max Payne 49.99
Azurik 49.99
Silent Hill 2 49.99

March (as of yesterday's newspaper)
All three of those games listing as follows;
Max Payne 39.99
Azurik 39.99
And the most dramatic

Silent Hill 2 29.99!!

I was just wondering what the prices are doing in the rest of the country and perhaps the world...

(These prices are from the greater San Antonio, Texas metropolitan area by the way) LOL

Adios fellow addicts...
BDHES :cool:

BDHES
03-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Forgot to mention...I was the dumb a** that paid 49.99 for Max Payne and for Azurik...Although I wouldn't trade either one in at this point...Max Payne was a great "stress" reliever...and Azurik has so much unbelievable mass area that I've barely scratched the surface of it in a month!

Adios again,
BDHES
:cool:

adamw19
03-04-2002, 05:29 PM
The prices here where i live are still the same when they got released. Hoping they will drop soon here though so I can go buy some more.

TEA
03-04-2002, 06:04 PM
I live in a rural area,well really country area and my game store is wally world until i go out of town.But I've kinda remembered the prices there 53.96(already included taxes),handheld games 29.99 or 39.99.

How's Azurik?Rating(1-10),Pros/Cons,rent first then buy or buy right away?

BDHES
03-04-2002, 06:13 PM
Well, speaking strictly for myself, I love the game. The world is so vast that I've been catching myself just wandering around checking it out instead of searching for objectives. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast. I've got over 25 hours logged on this game and I'd say I'm not even 25% done yet. If you've played the demo disc, don't let that color your decision. It pales in comparrison to the game itself. I'd get a 5 day rental on it and if you're not completely hooked at the end of that, it's not for you. It sure grabbed ahold of me though. I'd give it an 8, but the controls are kind of difficult, so I have to say a very strong 7.5.
Hope that helps a bit,
Adios,
BDHES
:cool:

Hugh_Jass
03-04-2002, 07:57 PM
Azurik is my most treasured XBOX gaming experience. I kid you not.