PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes eBay really sucks

moltenluv
12-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Argh! I am beginning to get really frustrated. I hate wasting my money and I hate sellers that lie. Up until recently I have had very few problems buying faceplates through eBay. Those few problems were all taken care of by either a refund or a replacement faceplate being sent to me except for the damanged Bioshock set I got. That seller was an arse and basically said oops my bad I forgot to mention the damage, I didn't think it would matter.

Anyway now all of a sudden my keen shopping sense is really really off. I decided to go and buy two of those console crate things (one Gears of War and one Assassins Creed) to give myself some extra storage room. I got the Gears one on Saturday and I HATE IT. Turns out its a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. I dunno why I thought it was going to be bigger. This wasn't the sellers fault it was my own dumb fault so I am stuck with it and the Assassin's one once it arrives. Wasting money sucks. Then I get a lot of faceplates that were supposed to be new in perfect condition. Hahahah try used, dirty and broken except for 1. I did manage to get a partial refund for that one. Now I get this supposedly rare faceplate that was given out to Gamestop managers. I was really looking forward to getting this one. What I get is a plain white Microsoft faceplate with a skin put on it. WTF!!!!!! The darn thing wasn't even put on right. Its on crooked and has all kinds of air bubbles. Not to mention the fact that I paid $7 for Priority shipping but the seller decided to sent it first class for about $2. So I contacted the seller and this is what they said:

my auction and subsuguent answers to questions all said that the winner was getting exactly what i got from a rep at activision. as a manager at a gamestop i get alot of "freebies" from companies for promoting there merchandise so yes what you got is a collectible because it was excatly what we got a non retail dealer only freebie. i realize that it may look poorly made but i'm not responsible for what activison or any other company chooses to give away to retail establishments. i just take it say thanks and keep the free stuff. as for your shipping request leave me your paypal info and will make a deposit into your account to accomodate your misfortune

Now what do I do? Am I out this money too? I wouldn't care so much if I had gotten it for cheap but I didn't. I wasn't the only stupid fool to bid on this auction. There were 2 other stupid fools that I had to outbid to get it. ARGH! Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to vent. I think we should start a Beware of these eBay sellers list or something. Anybody else have any horror stories to share so I don't feel all alone :watchout:

cheezymonkey999
12-02-2007, 09:36 PM
I want your assassins creed crate... I have the gears one and love it, i was planning to get the assassins one too. So if it helps, ill buy it off you. If you dont want your gears one i might be interested in it too.

GamerSince'76
12-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I ordered an Intec game holder for my 360 games. The seller didn't have any in stock so he gave me a Paypal refund. I once ordered a Nyko Intercooler when they first came out and weren't available in my city.

The guy didn't send it and didn't respond to 4 emails so I gave him negative feedback. He retaliates and gives me negative feedback "Saying next time use Paypal". I did use Paypal. The guy was an arse. He finally sent the item but I'm stuck with a -1 which means I can't buy from some sellers. Besides sometimes the shipping is $25 to Canada so I use ebay very infrequently.

moltenluv
12-02-2007, 09:44 PM
I want your assassins creed crate... I have the gears one and love it, i was planning to get the assassins one too. So if it helps, ill buy it off you. If you dont want your gears one i might be interested in it too.

Hmmmm interesting. I will keep this in mind. I want to see what all I can make fit in these crates first. I really love the outer design but I think I need something bigger. I will get back to you once I get the Assassins one.

I just did some quick searching of the net and found a website selling the skin set. I haven't contacted the seller yet to inform him of this. I am suprised he didn't put the whole skin set on an actual 360 and try to sell that as a rare gift from Activision :rofl: Do I have a good case to file a complaint if he refuses to refund my money?

SpaceGhost2K
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I ordered an Intec game holder for my 360 games. The seller didn't have any in stock so he gave me a Paypal refund. I once ordered a Nyko Intercooler when they first came out and weren't available in my city.

The guy didn't send it and didn't respond to 4 emails so I gave him negative feedback. He retaliates and gives me negative feedback "Saying next time use Paypal". I did use Paypal. The guy was an arse. He finally sent the item but I'm stuck with a -1 which means I can't buy from some sellers. Besides sometimes the shipping is $25 to Canada so I use ebay very infrequently.

So buy one of my stickers I've got listed for $1.99. I'll give you good feedback.

Cheesy, nice offer on the crates. I was going to suggest she contact Kamshaft about the Assassin's Creed once since that's his baby right now.

'luv, I don't know what to tell you. I was in a funk there for a while too. There was a guy who was offering sets of figures for about $20 US but they were shipping only to Germany. DeafGermany1969 bought a set for me and I paid him, then he mailed it to me. Result? It wasn't a set. It was one figure from the set. They showed the set in multiple pictures, and had I spoken German, I might have picked up on it. Oh well, expensive lesson. And she IS cute. :)

GamerSince'76
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm interesting. I will keep this in mind. I want to see what all I can make fit in these crates first. I really love the outer design but I think I need something bigger. I will get back to you once I get the Assassins one.

I just did some quick searching of the net and found a website selling the skin set. I haven't contacted the seller yet to inform him of this. I am suprised he didn't put the whole skin set on an actual 360 and try to sell that as a rare gift from Activision :rofl: Do I have a good case to file a complaint if he refuses to refund my money?

Sounds like he put the skin on and is trying to pull a fast one. I can't see Activision putting out a shoddy one. I would report him.

SpaceGhost2K
12-02-2007, 10:57 PM
I told her the same thing in a PM. He works for Gamestop. He knows the difference between a faceplate and a skin and he doesn't mention skin anywhere in the auction. He's trying to pull a fast one and he knows it.

I suggested that she send him an email stating all of this and tell him that he's got a couple of days to do a refund or she'll report his post as fraudulent, AND get her money back anyway, AND give him a bad mark on his sellers rating. So if he's going to end up refunding the money anyway, why not be nice about it and do it voluntarily.

moltenluv
12-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Ok well seeing as I have proof that it is not a real faceplate I sent him another message. I wasn't exactly nice since after the first message I sent he still was calling it "a non retail dealer only freebie" and wouldn't admit that it was just a skin. This is what I said:

I never said it was poorly made I said it is poorly applied. This is not a collectable faceplate, its a skin on a plain white faceplate. I used to work at EB so I know all about the freebies. Maybe you got the skin set as a freebie but there is now way you got a skinned faceplate as a freebie. Please do not treat me as if I am stupid, I collect faceplates and know the difference. This item was severly misrepresented due to the fact that no where in the auction description was it mentioned that this was only a skin. Not only is the skin set that includes this particular faceplate being sold on eBay (see item 220170087698) but it is also being sold on other internet sites. It is not a non retail dealer only freebie! I was trying to be nice and hoping that you would just come clean but you didn't. I just want my money refunded and I will send back the faceplates.

Then I immediately felt bad for sending that. I don't like to be mean, it gives me this icky feeling. Oh well! On the plus side he left me postive feedback right after I paid. I am scared, I don't have any negative and I don't want any. Can he change it from postitive to negative? :(

GamerSince'76
12-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok well seeing as I have proof that it is not a real faceplate I sent him another message. I wasn't exactly nice since after the first message I sent he still was calling it "a non retail dealer only freebie" and wouldn't admit that it was just a skin. This is what I said:

I never said it was poorly made I said it is poorly applied. This is not a collectable faceplate, its a skin on a plain white faceplate. I used to work at EB so I know all about the freebies. Maybe you got the skin set as a freebie but there is now way you got a skinned faceplate as a freebie. Please do not treat me as if I am stupid, I collect faceplates and know the difference. This item was severly misrepresented due to the fact that no where in the auction description was it mentioned that this was only a skin. Not only is the skin set that includes this particular faceplate being sold on eBay (see item 220170087698) but it is also being sold on other internet sites. It is not a non retail dealer only freebie! I was trying to be nice and hoping that you would just come clean but you didn't. I just want my money refunded and I will send back the faceplates.

Then I immediately felt bad for sending that. I don't like to be mean, it gives me this icky feeling. Oh well! On the plus side he left me postive feedback right after I paid. I am scared, I don't have any negative and I don't want any. Can he change it from postitive to negative? :(

He can give to negative feedback like what happened to me but when I gave the site negative feedback, I finally got a response. I would rather have a negative rating than be ripped off. IMHO your mesage was good.

gh0st_r1der
12-03-2007, 01:12 AM
... Can he change it from postitive to negative? ...(
No, he can't change his feedback . Once you leave feedback for an auction there is no going back ( unless withdrawn by mutual agreement )

In general on my every auction I was giving positive feedback immediately after shipping a package ( way too generous for a seller ). Once I've sent a well wrapped package on the other side of the Earth to a city in the geography's ass. Apparently the package got damaged and the SIMPLE (10 cents ) PLASTIC CASE scratched. Regardless that content was untouched and working just fine the buyer left me neutral feedback like it was my fault that their post service uses horses instead of automobiles ( I don't know if that's the case ... but that's how I felt ). At that time I wished I can change my nice positive feedback to triple cursing negative. Since then I don't leave feedback till I get one.

There were couple of asses trying to push me with negative feedback BS but I always show them that I ain't scared since I'm doing the right thing and they will get the appropriate feedback too ( for now this works )

You shouldn't be scared of receiving negative feedback. Someone, someday, for some stupid reason will do it and you realize that all the "fear" was for just nothing.

Be objective though, use EBay and PayPal complain and dispute forms and tools. Exploit every option. You can get help for sure.

cheezymonkey999
12-03-2007, 01:12 AM

Thats not mean at all... you said nothing offencive and were honest. Thats exactly how you should be. You should definitly file a complaint if he doesnt do a refund, no way will he get away with it.

cheezymonkey999
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
No, he can't change his feedback . Once you leave feedback for an auction there is no going back ( unless withdrawn by mutual agreement )

In general on my every auction I was giving positive feedback immediately after shipping a package ( way too generous for a seller ). Once I've sent a well wrapped package on the other side of the Earth to a city in the geography's ass. Apparently the package got damaged and the SIMPLE (10 cents ) PLASTIC CASE scratched. Regardless that content was untouched and working just fine the buyer left me neutral feedback like it was my fault that their post service uses horses instead of automobiles ( I don't know if that's the case ... but that's how I felt ). At that time I wished I can change my nice positive feedback to triple cursing negative. Since then I don't leave feedback till I get one.

There were couple of asses trying to push me with negative feedback BS but I always show them that I ain't scared since I'm doing the right thing and they will get the appropriate feedback too ( for now this works )

You shouldn't be scared of receiving negative feedback. Someone, someday, for some stupid reason will do it and you realize that all the "fear" was for just nothing.

Be objective though, use EBay and PayPal complain and dispute forms and tools. Exploit every option. You can get help for sure.

I know what you mean man... one lady bought some toy cars from me two weeks before xmas... she waited 12 days to pay (i gave her extra time) then left me neutral because her cars didnt come by xmas. Then i got negative feedback from two people who never contacted me with any problems... one was in brazil and barely spoke english. I still have a 99.5 rating though, so its just annoying after working hard to stay at 100%

SpaceGhost2K
12-03-2007, 01:30 AM
His feedback is already horrible. Yesh.

cheezymonkey999
12-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Whyd you buy from somone with bad feedback?

moltenluv
12-03-2007, 09:30 AM
His feedback isn't that bad. He just has very little of it. The only negative he has is as a buyer. The seller said he bid but never paid or responded to emails. Thats not so bad. I have bought things from people with very little feedback before and never ran into a problem like this. :confused:

FlawIe55
12-03-2007, 06:43 PM
just contact paypal, they will get you sorted out, downside is that it might take a while though. leave the b*stard negative, sometimes that is good enough for the seller to agree to refund you just so you will agree to mutually withdrawl the negative you left him. But, seeing as he has very little FB, and is a jerk, he might not care. Make the feedback objective yet harsh. by the way, your email was not out of line at all, It seemed 100% objective to me.

Nato King
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM

A picture of what these so called crates look like would be nice. I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

FlawIe55
12-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Molten, Im still working on little link. sorry its taking so long, maybe it will make you feel better when you get it. I have taken unfinished pics to post when its done to show its progression, but I dont want to ruin the surprise. I will tell you this, its coming along very nicely, if I do say so myself (which I do!) :surprised

FlawIe55
12-03-2007, 07:22 PM
sorry a little off subject, but look at this console crate:

http://tinyurl.com/38rva6

GamerSince'76
12-03-2007, 07:40 PM
sorry a little off subject, but look at this console crate:

http://tinyurl.com/38rva6

Very nice but pricey.

cheezymonkey999
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
i so wouldve bought that if they were in stores...

moltenluv
12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Here are pics of the console crates

http://i14.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/c4/f0/dac1_1.JPG

http://i13.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/c1/e5/9185_1.JPG

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/c1/e5/b123_1.JPG

moltenluv
12-04-2007, 01:23 PM
just contact paypal, they will get you sorted out, downside is that it might take a while though. leave the b*stard negative, sometimes that is good enough for the seller to agree to refund you just so you will agree to mutually withdrawl the negative you left him. But, seeing as he has very little FB, and is a jerk, he might not care. Make the feedback objective yet harsh. by the way, your email was not out of line at all, It seemed 100% objective to me.

I don't think he would care about negative feedback. I wasn't online at all yesterday so I checked today to see if he replied. Yes and this is what he said:

i am sorry you feel that way. but the fact of this matter is that the auction was listed exactly as you recieved it file a claim with ebay and there little lawyer people will tell you the same thing and so will paypal. a return policy was not offered because when you sell something you have to check a box stating that you have a return otherwise all sales are as is or all sales final. check with ebay they'll tell you the same thing. you might think i am a real jerk but i am legally right. and that's what matters . this auction was completely legal you knew what you were bidding on when click on the button infact ebay evn asked you a second time are you sure you want to bid. and gave you a warning about bids being legally bindable. you got what the auction stated plain and simple.

What an arse. According to eBay "An item is significantly not as described if the seller has misrepresented the item in a way that affects the value of the item". I am gonna file anyway and see what happens. I have a feeling I will win since this supposed collectable item is actually completely worthless. Yeah I would say that the value was affected.

Molten, Im still working on little link. sorry its taking so long, maybe it will make you feel better when you get it. I have taken unfinished pics to post when its done to show its progression, but I dont want to ruin the surprise. I will tell you this, its coming along very nicely, if I do say so myself (which I do!) :surprised

Thats ok, the longer you take the better it will be :hardcore:

cheezymonkey999
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM
file a claim... the guy is a complete douchebag.

btw i still want your assassins creed crate!

moltenluv
12-04-2007, 03:20 PM
file a claim... the guy is a complete douchebag.

btw i still want your assassins creed crate!

Hahah calm down there! I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet!

FlawIe55
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
what is the item number of the bad faceplates? I want to bid on some of his stuff and not pay.

cheezymonkey999
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Hahah calm down there! I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet!

But i want it NOWWWWW!!! haha i saw the pictures and thought you had it.

moltenluv
12-05-2007, 05:22 PM
what is the item number of the bad faceplates? I want to bid on some of his stuff and not pay.

Hahahah........would you really do that? Awwww my hero! I love you guys. This is the best forum ever! I just checked and he doesn't have any items up for auction right now but thanks anyway.