PDA

View Full Version : Airbrushes - where to buy

gh0st_r1der
12-04-2007, 01:38 AM
I have some cool ideas about faceplates and case modding. I'd like to try to do something by myself ( Space no worry I'll keep buying from you ).
I'm complete n00b about airbrushing. Spent some time reading web sites here and there. Here is what I know: Dual action, gravity feed airbrush are the best. I found this website www.airbrushcity.com - airbrushes seem on reasonable prices there. Can somebody comment/recommend airbrush kit, or whatever, before I throw money at compressors and paint and stuff?
Thanks in advance

SpaceGhost2K
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
I was just given one like you described, but I haven't had time to play with it yet.

bloodlines
12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanx ghost for asking this because I have been looking for an air brush kit for some time now.

FlawIe55
12-05-2007, 11:09 PM
I was looking on ebay, and stopped because the price of compressors is rediculous. Maybe someday. But yea, ebay has some decent deals on airbrushes, probably compressors too now that i think about it.

Ainokeatoo
12-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Can somebody comment/recommend airbrush kit, or whatever, before I throw money at compressors and paint and stuff?
Thanks in advance

Yes I can, make sure you know what you're doing before you buy anything at all it'd suck to buy every thing you have but not know how to use it.

SpaceGhost2K
12-06-2007, 01:25 PM
I was looking on ebay, and stopped because the price of compressors is rediculous. Maybe someday. But yea, ebay has some decent deals on airbrushes, probably compressors too now that i think about it.

Harbor Freight has cheap compressors, you might check out what they have.

Eddie_the_Hated
12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
They're within the reasonable range to be sure, but my luck's actually been hit or miss. If you're stateside, I'd sign up for their newsletter (the real mail-based one) and check the stores with the weeks leading up to, and especially following Christmas. I went in on a whim, bought an airbrush kit, a multimeter and some other vital modding tools and had to skip out on the compressor itself, because I hadn't estimated how expensive they were. Granted, I suppose it's all relative, but if you don't have $75-100 lying around...

:confused:

Cking
12-16-2007, 07:07 PM
iwata makes top of the line air brushes

http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.html

Dreadog
12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Yeah, Iwata airbrushes are the best. The eclipse airbrushes that Iwata makes are good and resonably priced as far as which style of cup is personal preference. I have one with a large siphon feed cup for doing large areas on cars and motorcycles and a gravity feed for detail work. When you get and airbrush make sure you keep in mind what kind of paint you`ll be using, I have to get teflon bearings installed in mine because I use solvent based automotive paint. Most airbrushes come set up for acrylics. Oh yeah make sure its a dual action.