PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Online

fear_this
03-04-2002, 06:49 PM
When is the Xbox supposed to be officially going online?

E-Xbox
03-04-2002, 06:50 PM
umm...around the time unreal championship is launched
summer...spring....

it was supposed to be like march 28 or something..
but i heard that a long time ago...
its lata now....
between late Q2 and early Q4

peace

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 06:51 PM
I heard that it would be late this Spring...just before the beginning of summer :)

monkeyman
03-04-2002, 06:54 PM
how are they going to connect it the same way as gamespy but its made by xbox?

fear_this
03-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Maximus, this means that all summer long we can play games online. Which means long hours of playing through out the night and into the next day! With no interruptions! :)

l Maximus l
03-04-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by monkeyman
how are they going to connect it the same way as gamespy but its made by xbox?

Actually, the way it's going to work is this:

First, there are going to be two different types of games: It will either be: 1. A dedicated on-line game (a game that can only be played on-line), and 2: a game that will be on-line capable, but will also be able to be played while not on-line.

So, in the case with a game that is dedicated to on-line play only, all you have to do is plug in your broadband modem into the back of your XBox (not through your computer...just directly plug in the modem to the back of the XBox) and you will be immediately launched to the forum as soon as you put in the game!!

In the case of a game that is on-line capable but doesn't have to be played on-line, it will simply have a menu option to launch you (like there is a menu in every game) and then you will be immediately launched to the on-line forum!

Either way, it's going to be simple!! I can't wait!! :D

E-Xbox
03-04-2002, 07:09 PM
yo max...i cant wait either
playing unreal championship wit a whole lotta peeps
thats gonna be sooo goood!

fear_this
03-04-2002, 07:13 PM
Yeah exspecially with cool people. :cool: