PDA

View Full Version : Look what I won in the wee hours of the mornin'

SpaceGhost2K
12-08-2007, 01:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260189706720&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=016

http://i10.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/c9/79/fadd_1.JPG

I've never even seen this plate before. I don't even think lowdown411 has it listed.

How'd THAT happen?

GamerSince'76
12-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Very, very nice!!!

SpaceGhost2K
12-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Very, very nice!!!

I just got an email from the lady. She said whe was new to eBay and forgot to put "UK only" in the shipping area! OMG! I made THREE requests last night to sellers of plates in the UK (the others were Lost Planet and the UK exclusive Forza 2 plate) and all three - including an auction I won - replied that they don't ship to the US. WTF? The revolution was 200 f'n years ago? They still have a chip on their shoulders over that?

I begged her, I pleaded with her to let me have the auction.

Unbelievable.

WORLD WIDE WEB, people. Stop thinking county and start thinking continent.

gh0st_r1der
12-08-2007, 03:41 PM
... WORLD WIDE WEB, people. Stop thinking county and start thinking continent ...

There is worst than that. Try finding a seller from Germany that accepts PayPal. Bank transfers only, OMFG, they are so stuborn. Wanted me to pay $45 in international bank transfer fees for $6 item ...
Wait, wait .... shipping with DHL, insured packages only = 35 EUR.

And when I asked whether she can check with the post office for more reasonable rate she was so pissed with me because she didn't want to go to the post office, didn't have the time. "Can't you call the post office then, it is 1 min task?" I asked. She told me that the post office clerk will not tell her how much is because he doesn't know what she is shipping. "Just tell him the dimensions, x on y on z centimeters ( I know they have no idea of inches there ) and is heavy like 100 grams ( No ounces and pounds there ) ?" Or check DHL web site I suggested.
She said that I was stupid american that always bother honest people and I wanted to steal her item.

OMG, OMG, I didn't know to cry or laugh ... At the end I didn't buy the item ... how could I ?! :)

gh0st_r1der
12-08-2007, 03:54 PM
I just got this answer from a seller in Europe to my inquiry of shipping cost and PayPal:

sorry i don't accept paypal , i accept personal cheque in euro.
the shipping is 20 euros
sorry

"CAST AWAY" .... gotta love it .. ( Get out of the f*****g cave )

Nato King
12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Very nice

Making me dizzy looking at it. :trippin:

Variation-XBA
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I just got an email from the lady. She said whe was new to eBay and forgot to put "UK only" in the shipping area! OMG! I made THREE requests last night to sellers of plates in the UK (the others were Lost Planet and the UK exclusive Forza 2 plate) and all three - including an auction I won - replied that they don't ship to the US. WTF? The revolution was 200 f'n years ago? They still have a chip on their shoulders over that?

I begged her, I pleaded with her to let me have the auction.

Unbelievable.

Dude, don't even start. You can try crying once you live in Canada and need Ebay (or anything) shipped there,

SpaceGhost2K
12-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I won something from a German and didn't realize that he only took bank transfer (I forgot to look, I mean, everybody takes PayPal, right?). So I won it, I asked for an invoice - nothing. I waited - nothing. Finally I got Tom (deafgermany1969) to contact him. It took a month of slow responses (and one email that read, "Where is the money?") but it finaly happened. I PayPal'ed Tom the money, he did a bank transfer, the plate was mailed to him, and he's seding it along to me. F'n lot of work for a Call of Duty 3 faceplate.

So I haven't heard back from this lady today. I had another lady in the UK want a grenade and my auction was not letting her buy it. Something about buy it now and immediate pay but she couldn't do an immediate pay because she didn't have a cost. Only the US had a cost. Anyway, I made a separate auction just for UK with the UK cost in it. But then I thought maybe she'd help me like Tom did. I asked here if she would help me get that plate that the lady wouldn't ship out of UK and in return I'd GIVE her a grenade. She agreed. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the mouth breather - I mean caveman - I mean seller in UK.

moltenluv
12-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I always ask international seller if they will ship to the US even if they list it as a world wide auction. Probably 95% of the time they say "I don't ship internationally". Why list it as world wide? And I hate the bank transfer thing too. There have been quite a few auctions that I really wanted to bid on but didn't because all the seller accepted was a bank transfer. What a pain in the arse. Oh I also have this plate and I do believe it is in deafgermany1969 collection as well.

ChRoNiK120
12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
yea the damn bank transfer. some dude in germany said he accepted paypal but when i got my cod4 faceplate he decided to not acceptpay pall i had to do a wire transfer to some bank in germany. but luckyly the bank that i used was bank of america and it is the sister company to dutcha bank (i deff spelled that wrong) so it was easy but that sucks when it costs.

cheezymonkey999
12-09-2007, 11:40 AM

Umm the uk is still definitly on a different continent than the us. haha

SpaceGhost2K
12-09-2007, 02:18 PM
The lady with the plate agreed to sell it to me and mail it to the other lady in the UK. In turn, she agreed to forward it on to me in exchange for a prop plasma grenade.

Works for me.

You mean you guys all have this one? How did I miss it in your collections?

moltenluv
12-09-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't have a pic of it up yet because I just got it but go check deafgermany's pics, its there.