PDA

View Full Version : Anyone speak german?

cheezymonkey999
12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
WOW i just went to the german ebay site and i was amazed to see the faceplates listed there... Call of duty 4 plates are everywhere and there are several other rare plates like lost planet, adidas, ghost recon and more. Would any of you, by any chance, speak german? Wanna help me buy stuff?

gameking28
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
If they don't show up on ebay.com then they probably don't ship to the U.S.

ChRoNiK120
12-10-2007, 09:04 PM
i just checked that out and wow

gh0st_r1der
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
... Call of duty 4 plates are everywhere and there are several other rare plates like lost planet, adidas, ghost recon ...

Don't forget that Germans don't accept PayPal and shipping to USA is about 20 EUR (ouch) ... if you need a particular faceplate just ask .... me, I can hook you up with pretty much anything ;)

... lost planet, adidas, ghost recon ... do you have the money ready, which one you want :cool:

gh0st_r1der
12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
BTW you don't have to speak German, just ask your questions in English, they will answer

xXSyn1KalXx
12-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Every International Ebay site is loaded with very nice faceplates! and over 95% do not ship to USA, haters xbox originated here they can atleast share the wealth for our creation :p
SyniKal

cheezymonkey999
12-10-2007, 10:18 PM
S**T i bid on one that said world wide shipping was available... If its way to expensive ill just bight the bullet and take a negative feedback. I never do that but ohh well.

Ghost, you have COD4? if you havent noticed im cheap, so if you want alot for it ill keep looking.

Nato King
12-10-2007, 10:31 PM
How do I get to a German ebay site. what's the link.

cheezymonkey999
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
just search ebay and germany on yahoo itll show up... i forget the link

gh0st_r1der
12-10-2007, 11:39 PM
OMG, links, search, BS , you guys are crazy

http://www.ebay.de

for those that have no idead what DE is , it comes from DEUTSCHLAND ( that's Germany in German :) ... )

SpaceGhost2K
12-11-2007, 12:12 AM
First, cheesymonkey, don't bail on the guy, 'cause it's stuff like that is the reason they don't want to sell to US people. Ask him if he can ship it cheaper via surface to save a few bucks if it's that big a deal.

Or like my mom would say, "go mow a lawn." LOL!

I alwaos search eBay through advanced search. I open it up to all countries (understanding that some of them won't ship here to the US). I enter in the search field "360 faceplate -guitar -controller". I don't do -skin because some of the cool plates come with skins. When I remember it, I do the same with "face plate" instead of "faceplate" because it will pick up auctions that the other search missed.

cheezymonkey999
12-11-2007, 11:37 AM
First, cheesymonkey, don't bail on the guy, 'cause it's stuff like that is the reason they don't want to sell to US people. Ask him if he can ship it cheaper via surface to save a few bucks if it's that big a deal.

Im not bailing on him... his shipping was high but i was gonna get it. I got outbid though so it doesnt matter. Btw, i knew .de was for deutschland... i had a german exchange student live with me for a year, and i took 2 years of german(which i struggled in)

SamSmith
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
If you wish to translate a webpage, use http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It works amazingly well.

Example. I translated this website from http://www.cabinetdentaire.co.uk/fr/index.html to "

Welcome with the French Dentist's surgery
100 Harley Street, London, W1G 7JA
Such: 0800 234 6316 (free call)
+442079357815 (from abroad)

The French Dentist's surgery proposes all the dental care to you (crowns, bridges, blanchiement of the teeth, orthodontics enfants/adultes, care of dental esthetics).

We accomodate you Monday at Friday of 9h15 with 18h00. In the event of need we will endeavour to adapt us has your schedules (before 9 a.m. or after 18h00). And certain Saturday of 9h30 has 16h30 for orthodontics.

In the event of urgency we endeavour to receive you the very same day if you call us before 11h00.

In the event of urgency apart from the opening hours you can call Dr. LARMOYER on his telephone mobile to the +447931132636, which will do its utmost to answer your request, within the limit of its availability.

"

NeXsus
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
my happy hunting grounds have been found, curses ;)

ebay.co.uk oozes quality faceplates too, you can almost always sweet talk the sellers into sending to US/Canada if you don't mind the swift kick in the junk from shipping/duty hehe

SpaceGhost2K
12-11-2007, 05:49 PM
To answer the original question, yes, I know a little German.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/lg.jpg

moltenluv
12-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Ask him if he can ship it cheaper via surface to save a few bucks if it's that big a deal.

Well I know that there is no more shipping surface from the US to other countries (that went away when the rates changed back in March) so I am assuming that the reverse is true. I could be wrong though. International surface mail was not profitable for the Post Office so they got rid of it and now you can only ship first class, priority, or express (all air services). I had to send a defective faceplate back to the UK and it cost me almost $10 and it was only packaged in a light weight bubble envelope. Just about every customer that ships internationally complains about how expensive it is. I don't think they understand what all is involved with shipping a package overseas. Then again they might just be cheap since customers also like to complain about stamps being 41 cents and refuse to pay the extra 10 cents to ship something priority. :rofl:

moltenluv
12-11-2007, 06:34 PM
That pic of the little kid is just soooo cute. That made my day :)

cheezymonkey999
12-12-2007, 11:26 AM
To answer the original question, yes, I know a little German.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/lg.jpg

whats his name? I wanna meet your little german boy.

Not Yellow
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
The Opera browser, will translate pages.

xXSyn1KalXx
12-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Adolf Hitler II, :p Just a playing

JakofallAces
12-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Adolf Hitler II, :p Just a playing

ahh, a little far man, i am dutch and he killed my people:(:(:..

jk its fine not really though:crying::crying:

xXSyn1KalXx
12-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Sorry, didn't mean anything by it. Just playing around, but I think its safe to say he killed people of everyone's nationality.
SyniKal

JakofallAces
12-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Sorry, didn't mean anything by it. Just playing around, but I think its safe to say he killed people of everyone's nationality.
SyniKal

No not the australians, no wait :bang::bang::bang::bang:

SpaceGhost2K
12-12-2007, 07:02 PM
OK, enough German bashing. There's good and bad people everywhere.

I think if there's a generalization to be made here that is relevant to our forums, it is that Asian sellers are much more likely to sell to a US buyer than European sellers are.

JakofallAces
12-12-2007, 07:32 PM
OK, enough German bashing. There's good and bad people everywhere.

I think if there's a generalization to be made here that is relevant to our forums, it is that Asian sellers are much more likely to sell to a US buyer than European sellers are.

ya i know one time one (not Ghost) kept messaging me back everytime i asked him if he would send to the us with 1 word "Cheers" over and over agian eventually he said that he hated american scum and to get my head out of his well you know:eek:... so ya they can be real jerks some times

xXSyn1KalXx
12-12-2007, 10:59 PM
yeah true, I wasn't bashing Germans really, because Hitler didn't care about them either really, they only thing he cared about was his precious Aryan Race, which were no better that every other human being. But your right end of topic, why can't evryone just get along, the world would be so much better.
SyniKal