PDA

View Full Version : Migrating Accounts from 360 to 360??

bloodlines
12-10-2007, 11:02 PM
I was trying to figure out a way for me to migrate my account from my friend's Xbox360 to mine without having to buy a memory card. I heard that if you migrate and you have achievements and whatnot on the other one, they wont transfer. Could I maybe use transfer the data with a system link? Just wondering, anybody have ideas?

Variation-XBA
12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
If you just want your gamertag, use the "recover gamertag" feature. Since achievements are stored to that name, they will move over as well (provided you've had your 360 connected to LIVE)

You're game saves though can't be moved without the mem card though.

bloodlines
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeh I just wanted the points, I havent done too much playing anyway. I jsut wanted to make sure that I dont have to rent some of the games I had to get em back.

Variation-XBA
12-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Nope, no worries, they are saved globally and will be the same as the last time you were connected to LIVE with.

bloodlines
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Hmmm...well that sounds good. My friend had said that he lost all his achievments when he migrated his...whatever. He'll Live.

CrazyCougar
12-11-2007, 06:49 AM
I will confirm this for Variation. I bought an Elite back in September and had to move my gamertag over to the new HDD via the Recover Gamertag option. Didnt feel the need to get the transfer cable that they offer. Anyway, you'll carry your achievements and gamertag with you but all game saves will remain on the old HDD.