PDA

View Full Version : Wanna help with the Faceplate Database?

SpaceGhost2K
12-11-2007, 06:21 PM
I sent the evil master plan to Kamshaft, who is now reviewing my deman... I mean, wishes.

Here's what I am going to need, rather what WE are going to need, to get this started.

Data.

You can't have a database without data, BUT I don't want a whole lot of duplication of effort. In other words, I don't want three people all taking pics and posting information about the same plate. I can only use one pic, and whomever's pic I don't use gets mad at me for putting out the effort for nothing.

So let's do it this way: Post in this thread what plates you will provide pictures of, and the MINUMUM amount of information needed to describe the plate. Once the database is up and running, and we have a description and a photo, THEN we can go back in and add a bunch of other descriptive information.

For instance:

Originally posted by SpaceGhost2K:

I will provide pictures for:

Eternal Sonata x 5
Trusty Bell
Ace Combat x6
Amsterdam
Zero Hour
Dead or Alive Kasumi
Bioshock UK
Pink Balloons
TeamXbox
IdolM@ster Limited Edition

Then when another forumite sees those, he/she can post their own list and make sure that he's not duplicating someone else's plate submission.

Here are the requirements for the plate pictures:
Pic must be jpeg
Pic must be 800 pixels by 240 pixels.
We will include a descriptor in the database about whether the plate is z horizontal or vertical plate so don't worry about that. Take them all horizontally.
Try to get a plain background that is in contrast to the plate, ie. dark plate on a light background.
Try to show as little background as possible. Fill the picture with the plate, with just a little room around the edges.

I don't need professional pictures, but I do need the bext pics we can get. If we get a bad pic, we can always go back later and replace it with a better pic, but we want to minimize doing that as much as possible.

I'd prefer to get pics of plates that you actually have in your collection, but for instance, let's say that you got a pic of the faceplates on the table at Zero Hour or in the window at E3. Pass along what you have and we'll make it work as best as we can.

Then when you post the pics, it should just look like this:

Originally posted by SpaceGhost2K:

Nintendo NES Custom
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/Nindendo360.jpg

And that's it. Keep in mind that you can only post five pictures in each post, so if you committed to twelve pictures, you'll have at least three posts in thsi thread.

---

It'll be mid-January or even Feb 1 before this is up, but with the holidays, it's going to take some time to gather these.

Oh, one more thing: In some cases it may be necessary to have two pictures to fully explain a plate. For instance, the Qee box with the plate and two figures, we'd need one of just the plate, and one of the whole kit. Same with the Gamestop Bioshock set. In the case of PGR3, like gh0st_r1der said, it's the packaging that determins if it is authentic or a bootleg, so besides a picture of the loose plate, we'd need two additional picture of the two different packages.

I don't know how we're going to handle that yet, so let's just stick with the single plate pic for now and worry about "tweaking our peak" later.

The list of games that I posted above is actually my list, so when you make your list, don't include those.

THANKS Y'ALL!!!!!

moltenluv
12-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Awww man I would love to help out but the only camera I have is the one on my cell phone :cry:

SpaceGhost2K
12-11-2007, 07:01 PM
JakofallAces is going to do some. He'll post the list here in a few. Right now, I have to take off for a bit.

JakofallAces
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
heres the rare ones i can help with
you're next
X06 canada # out of 300
X05 canada with small maple leaf
Toyr Q faceplate set
Madcatz Graffiti train
Madcatz Team Xbox
PGR3 # out of 700
yay if feels good to help:p

JakofallAces
12-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Awww man I would love to help out but the only camera I have is the one on my cell phone :cry:

that can still work... ohhhh cell phone ya well ask santa for a digital camera your collection is to nice, btw how did you get pictures of your collection anyway???:watchout:

moltenluv
12-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Those pics were taken with the camera in my cell phone. I did the best I could with what I have.

cheezymonkey999
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Im glad to help. I think i told you earlier i have pics of at least half the plates in my collection already. Since i have so many just let me know what plates you want pictures of. That way i wont have to post 60 of them. But if you dont know what ones you want from me, i can do...

-jungle camo, blue camo, desert camo, white, red, black, diamond plate TSZ faceplates
-All the halo ones with skins, the regular MS halo plate, and the black halo 3 plate
-Project gotham 3, MS carbon, Forza 2, testdrive unlimited, full auto
-outfit, both gamestop twin packs, saints row hahah, tropicana twister
-call of duty 2 knockoff, quake 3 knockoff, e305 knockoff
-viva pinata, uk Bioshock, splintercell, lost planet, ranbow 6 vegas
-5 of the XCM clear plates

etc etc etc eveything in my collection is available to help!

cheezymonkey999
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
If you want alot of mine i could send them through AIM... it would be easier than sending lots of emails with attachments, or hosting the pics then making alot of posts in here. AIM screen name is Cheezymonkey999

SpaceGhost2K
12-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't have AIM but if you want to just email them to me, I can create a folder for them at Photobucket. I'll PM my email address to you. It's the same one I use for PayPal, so, you know, if you want to send me money or anything...

cheezymonkey999
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
It's the same one I use for PayPal, so, you know, if you want to send me money or anything...

HAHAHA money for what?!

SpaceGhost2K
12-13-2007, 05:16 PM
HAHAHA money for what?!

*****s and giggles. Or pizza.

ChRoNiK120
12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
i can do...
-dead rising
-UK launch team
-hot rod
-US launch team...aka I MADE THIS.
-Call Of Duty 4

gameking28
12-22-2007, 01:56 AM
I've been taking new (horizontal) pictures of my faceplates and should be able to fill in some holes here pretty soon.
For now though, I'll add one of the few I know no one else here has:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/th_GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg)

My camera takes really huge HQ pictures. Photobucket has a size limit so they get scaled down, but they're still larger than what SpaceGhost asked for so cropping or resizing them should be a breeze. :cheers:

JakofallAces
12-22-2007, 06:01 AM
I've been taking new (horizontal) pictures of my faceplates and should be able to fill in some holes here pretty soon.
For now though, I'll add one of the few I know no one else here has:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/th_GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg)

My camera takes really huge HQ pictures. Photobucket has a size limit so they get scaled down, but they're still larger than what SpaceGhost asked for so cropping or resizing them should be a breeze. :cheers:

way to rub it in. If i had $600 laying around i would have bought it too.

gameking28
12-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Haha sorry. I wasn't trying to boast. :)
To be honest, I have a little buyers remorse on that one. Visually, it's nothing spectacular. The power button is sunk into the plate just slightly, it has a scratch on the right side (which wasn't mentioned), and the cherry on top is that I'm not sure its even real. The USB spring guard is made of plastic (which is a first for a Microsoft plate I believe) and it says "Pegasus Technology" on the back right above the USB port.
I wish there was more than one guy claiming its authenticity.

racingfreak92
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Id like to help with the database, if you want to make one similar to the lowdown one i can host it on my site and make a chart like design. I dont have any faceplates that are rare or anything though

I can take pictures of my: Outfit, TSZ Saints Row, FEAR, Test Drive Unlimited and Tropicana Twister faceplates.

Also, not really related but does anyone know if a Live is 5IVE faceplate was madE? I know they made controllers for them but i dont know about faceplates

gameking28
12-22-2007, 02:04 PM
As far as I know, it was controllers only. However, SpaceGhost made a great custom:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/th_XboxLIVEturnsFIVE.jpg (http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/Faceplate%20Customs/XboxLIVEturnsFIVE.jpg)

SpaceGhost2K
12-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Id like to help with the database, if you want to make one similar to the lowdown one i can host it on my site and make a chart like design. I dont have any faceplates that are rare or anything though

I can take pictures of my: Outfit, TSZ Saints Row, FEAR, Test Drive Unlimited and Tropicana Twister faceplates.

Also, not really related but does anyone know if a Live is 5IVE faceplate was madE? I know they made controllers for them but i dont know about faceplates

Yay my custom. :D

If nobody else has claimed "contributor statis" for those plate, we'll happily accept pictures of them. Just read the photo requirements above.

The database is going to be a lot more complicated than just a one-screen scrolling like what tacohead has over at lowdown411. (Why hasn't he been by here yet?)

ChRoNiK120
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
ok i can also do

- E3 05 (i dont think any one posted this)
- E3 05 J. allard singed.
- bioshock boxed set
- splinter cell doubal agent
- lostplanet
- halo 3 singapor
and yes my pics are terible on my laptop so i will use my digital camera this time...

Steeps5
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
I found a nice faceplate at decalgirl.com. It has a reflective chrome color.

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,4138.htm

Nato King
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I just have one question. what is the update on the datebase. how is it going.

JakofallAces
01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I just have one question. what is the update on the datebase. how is it going.

ya has it been forgotten or is it secretly underconstruction, if so pm me and i will keep the secret:)

SpaceGhost2K
01-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Don't worry about sizing pics. I'll do all that. Just try not to have them distorted like if you took the pic from the end or bottom, or took it too up close. Better to stand back, then zoom in as much as possible. Try to eliminate light glare on the plate.

When you've got some, PM me and I'll give you my address. Kamshaft said we don't need to host them anywhere because XBA will handle the hosting.

Kam's had other things going on, and I've actually gone out with a ladyfriend a couple of time so it's almost like I have a life now. :)

I have a couple of plates I have to get done tonight and some artwork so I can get stickers made tomorrow, but I will do my part with the pics so I can say there's some progress tomorrow. We're just going to try it out with a half-dozen or so and work the bugs out before we just roll it out. I'm hoping to have the test run ready by the 1st.

SpaceGhost2K
01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh, another thing. Gameking28's plate looks really good with the black background, so I'm going to do mine like that. Also, let's forget the whole "who does what" thing. If you can take pics of ten plates, you can take pics of twenty, right? So just photograph as much of your collection as you want to and email them to me. (PM me for the email address). I'll just use the best pics, so if there are four CoD4's, the best pic will get used. ANYONE who contributes a pic and/or information for the database will be mentioned all in one place.

Gracias. :)

Nato King
01-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Oh ok I am in I have a few faceplates I can take a picture of. Sending a PM now for the email Address.

gameking28
01-31-2008, 02:27 AM
I've finally gotten all of my faceplates photographed, labeled, and ready to upload. I'll throw them up on the Photobucket tonight and send the link over to you Spacey.

Man, I've been trying to get this done since November. Hopefully it will help a lot with the database. :cheers:

*edit* Sooooo... photobucket is down for maintnance. Figures it would happen the moment I finish this stuff.

Nato King
01-31-2008, 05:53 AM
I've finally gotten all of my faceplates photographed, labeled, and ready to upload. I'll throw them up on the Photobucket tonight and send the link over to you Spacey.

Man, I've been trying to get this done since November. Hopefully it will help a lot with the database. :cheers:

*edit* Sooooo... photobucket is down for maintnance. Figures it would happen the moment I finish this stuff.

sorry to hear that. I too have been taking pictures of faceplates and will be sending them to Space by the end of the day or by saturday for sure. I know I will be taking pictures of faceplates already sent but he did say that the best picture will be picked. also I will be taking a picture of the custom faceplate I made today. I hope you guys will like it because it's my first time doing a custom faceplate.

SpaceGhost2K
01-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I just got a Creative Zen W for cheap, to replace my Zune that was stolen a couple of months ago. It took almost a day to get all my music on it, and it's taken more than a day to get all the video because they all have to be converted. Pray for them. Anyway, it's still doing it, and it's scarfing down resources on my computer. Once it's done, it'll be done done, but I don't want to stop it to do other stuff because it's so close to the end.

All this to mean my laptop is running really slow. I took some pictures. I got some pictures in my email, but didn't see who they were from or what they looked like because it would take forever to dl them. Hopefully this thing will be done soon and I can start getting all the pics together.

I know there will be duplicate pics, so the best one wins. Later on, once the pics are up, if someone thinks they can get a nicer pic of something that is already up, they're welcome to give it a shot. Heh heh, joke. OK, anyway, it's not something that we'll make and it'll be "done." It'll NEVER be "done." We'll just keep trying to improve what we have, while we add new things we don't have.

Hey! The video thing just finished right while I was typing this. Groovy. I have to put some pics on it too but that will be fast. bbl with an update.

Nato King
01-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah Space I did send you about 3 or 4 pictures today let me know what you think of them also about 2 pictures I can't send because it's too big. Can I send these by PM or it's not going to work that why. Please let me know. thanks nato

SpaceGhost2K
01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah Space I did send you about 3 or 4 pictures today let me know what you think of them also about 2 pictures I can't send because it's too big. Can I send these by PM or it's not going to work that why. Please let me know. thanks nato

Can you reduce the size a bit?

((((MUY IMPORTANTE!!!)))

(((ATTENCION!!!)))

OK, I'll stop yelling now.

I talked with Kamshaft-XBA about the database, and I have some information to share.

First, there are some behind the scenes things that are going to take longer than it was first assumed. Some of it involves people. Some of it involves code. This whole thing is volunteer and when there are a number of people involved, you go with the flow. So, to pull an old video game stunt, I'll just say "Q1 2008." Fingers crossed we'll be talking end-of-February, but even that is just a hopeful date.

Second, he was firm in his wishes for one standard size of photo. Now here is the plan. Think of the database as a series of boxes, each box representing a faceplate. There's a name on the outside of the box. That name or number is irrelevant. It's just a way to distinguish the items. For instance, if we put the name of the faceplate on "the box" and then we decided to change the name, then all the links and everything go *poof*.

Now in this box with the name on it, there will be the data. That will include things like I mentioned before: name of the plate, game or event it's tied to, countries where it was available, etc. Pretty much any criteria you would use to sort plates will be available.

Concerning pictures, each "box" will have one picture assigned to it. That picture will be the main picture that shows up in thumbnails. It's the thumbnails that are the reason for needing the consistant sizing. For example, if you go to the "Call of Duty 4" page, hopefully there will be a thumbnail of the plate there. If that page is altered to accomodate that thumbnail, it would be madness to alter every page individually to accomodate different size thumbnails. Alternately, it would be madness to take a bunch of different size pictures and then make individually resized thumbnails.

So don't worry about cropping pics or anything. Just please make sure the pics are AT LEAST 800 x 240. I can always make them smaller, but making them larger makes the pics fuzzy and pixelated as I'm sure you know.

**EDIT** Oh, I got away from some place I was going with this. We can have more than one pic in the box. For instance, we can show the PGR3 plate loose, pics of the back, and pics of the two different packages (700 ltd and common). Just the main one will be used in thumbnails. Think of it like eBay. You can put multiple pics up and just choose one to use for the "gallery" picture.

---

I took pics of about thirty plates, and I'm happy with very few of them. Mine will probably be placeholders until we get better pics. I could try and track down someone in this gated community where I love (it's NOT an asylum.... or IS it?) who is a photo hobbiest, but I think I'll just wait to see what you guys come up with, first.

gameking28
01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
I finally got mine all uploaded. Check your PMs.

racingfreak92
02-10-2008, 11:24 AM
my camera is 1 megapixel so the pictures are all gonna look bad. im waiting to get a new camera to take pictures

goldeneyez9
03-13-2008, 06:30 PM
I would be interested in helping with the database. I don't want to slow anything up so don't feel the need to include me, but if I can do something to help the process I'd be willing to...

Just a thought, since lowdown 411 has one started do you think they'd be interested in collaborating and creating the faceplate database to rule them all?

Just a thought. It seems like people looking for information on faceplates go to lowdown and here at least at some point during their search. The powers could combine like captain planet.

JakofallAces
03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I would be interested in helping with the database. I don't want to slow anything up so don't feel the need to include me, but if I can do something to help the process I'd be willing to...

Just a thought, since lowdown 411 has one started do you think they'd be interested in collaborating and creating the faceplate database to rule them all?

Just a thought. It seems like people looking for information on faceplates go to lowdown and here at least at some point during their search. The powers could combine like captain planet.

technically i am the only one who recently talked with him, his was such a hassle to make he's told me and the site good luck so i doubt he will wanna collaborate also he isnt very talkative unless you actually talk with him he doesnt like messaging via xbox.com or LIVE aton like i do so when he responds it will be sort and sweet but fully understandable

JakofallAces
04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
technically i am the only one who recently talked with him, his was such a hassle to make he's told me and the site good luck so i doubt he will wanna collaborate also he isnt very talkative unless you actually talk with him he doesnt like messaging via xbox.com or LIVE aton like i do so when he responds it will be sort and sweet but fully understandable

i always wanted to quote my wisdom anyways so taco joined and posted his collection YAYAYYAY and i got my new Tags 06 number 1 of the 200 in the series and i was wondering when the DATA BASE WILL BE OPERATIONAL SPACEY/KAMSAFT/ANY1 ELSE WHO CARES LIKE I DO

cheezymonkey999
04-08-2008, 05:57 PM
hey, i just took pics of my entire collection. I have group pics as well as every single plate by itself. Somthing like 130 pics. Glad to help if you want them.

Nato King
04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
hey, i just took pics of my entire collection. I have group pics as well as every single plate by itself. Somthing like 130 pics. Glad to help if you want them.

I have always cared about this
database. I have been taking pictures of every faceplate I get too. also cheezymonkey any pictures will help with the database just send them to space he will do all the sizing and stuff and let you know if a picture wasn't good and if you haveto retake any faceplates.

Ry
04-08-2008, 07:20 PM
CheezyMonkey<3 I got my first plate off him. I will send pics after I finish my custom :)

JakofallAces
04-08-2008, 07:23 PM
CheezyMonkey<3 I got my first plate off him. I will send pics after I finish my custom :)

cool ur doing a custom cant wait to see it i am uploading my new Tags 06 to the site under my collection page momentarily so dont forget to check it out YAY

SpaceGhost2K
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Guys, Kamshaft is working on it. That's all I can tell you because it's all I know.

JakofallAces
04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Guys, Kamshaft is working on it. That's all I can tell you because it's all I know.

shortest post by you EVER:cheers:

cheezymonkey999
04-08-2008, 07:48 PM

The saints row one right?

falldowndrunk
04-24-2008, 08:26 AM
um,can't figure out how to delete this post..

JakofallAces
04-24-2008, 01:54 PM
I only have two,one I do believe everyone has,the other one I guess is somewhat rare,I dunno.Heres the pics..
http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/gearsfaceplate.jpg

Unfortunately,this one is kinda blurry and I can't photoshop it without it looking crappy.I'll take a better pic later and just swap this one with it.

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/ubisoftfaceplate.jpg

I love that plate...

Nate

sup and welcome you did those picture perfectly but email spacey ghost 2k because he is the one assembling it:cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
04-24-2008, 02:23 PM
sup and welcome you did those picture perfectly but email spacey ghost 2k because he is the one assembling it:cheers:

That's okay. I can pull them off here. I know we have the Clancy one already but I'm not sure about the Gears one because there are a number of them and I can't keep them all straight. I COULD IF I HAD A DATABASE! lol. Kam is working on it. His wife is "nesting" so he's been doing renovations to the house. Hey, if I was him, I'm put my wife before some forum guy, too.

JakofallAces
04-24-2008, 05:21 PM
That's okay. I can pull them off here. I know we have the Clancy one already but I'm not sure about the Gears one because there are a number of them and I can't keep them all straight. I COULD IF I HAD A DATABASE! lol. Kam is working on it. His wife is "nesting" so he's been doing renovations to the house. Hey, if I was him, I'm put my wife before some forum guy, too.
ya unless shes really annoyingly needy

falldowndrunk
04-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Ya,my email sucks for some reason and doesn't like sending things,thats why I posted em here.But if for any reason you need a bigger pic,or just a better one,let me know its no problem.I really would be shocked if you didn't have the gears one already,like I said,they are EVERYWHERE around here!!

JakofallAces
04-25-2008, 05:32 AM
Ya,my email sucks for some reason and doesn't like sending things,thats why I posted em here.But if for any reason you need a bigger pic,or just a better one,let me know its no problem.I really would be shocked if you didn't have the gears one already,like I said,they are EVERYWHERE around here!!

ya but there are about 15 different types of gears plates so who knows?

Symmetric-XBA
04-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I know i may be new to this forum but I'm def. interersted in building this database up to something that all gamers may use for reference. I'll be taking pics of my collection this weekend, and if you need any help w/ coding and all that wonderfull joy I'd be glad to help. I did the html coding for Ultra Music Festival for the past 2 1/2 years. It sounds to me like this would be best laid out in a spreadsheet format w/ simple hyperlinks, etc... so really the only thing in question is the table that needs to be developed.

SpaceGhost2K
04-25-2008, 04:30 PM
I know i may be new to this forum but I'm def. interersted in building this database up to something that all gamers may use for reference. I'll be taking pics of my collection this weekend, and if you need any help w/ coding and all that wonderfull joy I'd be glad to help. I did the html coding for Ultra Music Festival for the past 2 1/2 years. It sounds to me like this would be best laid out in a spreadsheet format w/ simple hyperlinks, etc... so really the only thing in question is the table that needs to be developed.

Kamshaft already has something inthe works. He's just being distracted a lot. The db will be searchable, linked to games where approproate, and people can make their own collections and wishlists from the database, including custom and signed plates.

There may be more than one plate made for each game, but if you go to the game page, there will be a link to one of the plates. From there, you can see the other plates relative to the game.

In the case of something like, say, E305, there will be a link to the plate, BUT there will be seperate files for every variation of signed versions of the plate. So if there are eight people in here with signed E305 plates, we'll do a seperate file for each of them so the owners can link them to their collections.

We hope to take it way above and beyond a simple word document or spreadsheet. But Kam has basically a second version of the site that they use for testing. They make the changes, add them to the "fake" site and see if they work. Once they work like they should, then they copy the fake site with the changes over the real site. It's going to be pretty bare bones in the beginning, but we'll beef up the features while we grow the number of entries.

Also, I said this earlier, but we'll take submissions for every plate, but don't be offended if your pics aren't used. It's going to be too difficult to keep track of whose pictures we use. We're just going to use the best picture we have, and if we get a BETTER picture, we'll use that one and drop the other one. This is a group effort in every way, so making individual notes of appreciation is going to be practically impossible. (We also don't want it to be a case of "I want my name up there as the biggest contributor so I'm going to keep taking photos until mine get chosen.")

Symmetric-XBA
04-25-2008, 05:30 PM
sounds good. this is gonna be fun

JakofallAces
04-25-2008, 10:43 PM
sounds good. this is gonna be fun

hey glad you wanna help but i aint too sure you can do that much of a big deal since all the plates you have are common around here so i hope your an amazing photographer;) jk but ya the more pics we have of the same plate the longer the db will take

Symmetric-XBA
04-25-2008, 11:29 PM
nah its cool man, i understand that what i've got pails in comparison to most that i've seen on here. but hey, its a start ya know? lol i was just thinkin in ways i could help (coding, pics, buying plates from people.... lol).

JakofallAces
04-26-2008, 09:20 AM
nah its cool man, i understand that what i've got pails in comparison to most that i've seen on here. but hey, its a start ya know? lol i was just thinkin in ways i could help (coding, pics, buying plates from people.... lol).

nah thats what we need and is a great help thanks

falldowndrunk
04-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Alright,so I redid my few pics,so I'll be deleting my old post.They're more vibrant now and I managed to rid all blur from them.Also added a Viva Pinata plate,should have a Madden 08 and COD2 plate coming very soon so I'll put those up.I'll just post the pics here,and,and SpaceGhost2K can pull em from here when he needs them.

Oh,btw,if anyone has a pic that is pretty good,but is dark or SLIGHTLY blurry,feel free to let me know,and I can try and photoshop em for you to make them more noticeable.

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/gearsplate.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/vivafaceplate.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/ubisoftplate.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/maddenplate.jpg

SpaceGhost2K
04-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Those are nice.

falldowndrunk
05-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Quick update,added the Madden 08 plate....

Be adding the COD2 and Tropicana plates here real soon,they should arrive any day now.

SpaceGhost2K
05-05-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm just about to come up with a temporary solution until we can get the database up. Maybe put all the pics in Photobocket so they're searchable by keyword or something.

falldowndrunk
05-05-2008, 04:33 AM
I'm just about to come up with a temporary solution until we can get the database up. Maybe put all the pics in Photobocket so they're searchable by keyword or something.

I myself don't really use photobucket,I host the pics from geocities just cause thats what I've done for several years now(I hate change..).However Ghost if you want to nab my pics and put em up feel free.Meanwhile I'll just keep posting them here...

Nate

JakofallAces
05-05-2008, 05:46 AM
I myself don't really use photobucket,I host the pics from geocities just cause thats what I've done for several years now(I hate change..).However Ghost if you want to nab my pics and put em up feel free.Meanwhile I'll just keep posting them here...

Nate

fyi he is spacey ghost_Rider is ghost it makes it more confusing for everyone if you dont use right nicknames i was like ghost_Rider has done anything with the database, anyways YAY

UNV Superkid
05-05-2008, 06:48 AM
fyi he is spacey ghost_Rider is ghost it makes it more confusing for everyone if you dont use right nicknames i was like ghost_Rider has done anything with the database, anyways YAY

lol, i was confused myself... i saw that he quoted Spacey, but then he was talking to Ghost i was so confused lol:bang:

falldowndrunk
05-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually,I meant to put SpaceGhost,but forgot the space part.It was 5 in the AM in my defense though,lol!

JakofallAces
05-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Actually,I meant to put SpaceGhost,but forgot the space part.It was 5 in the AM in my defense though,lol!

ya hangovers suck:p

SpaceGhost2K
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM

You've never had a hangover, 'cept maybe your belly.

Unless you've been hittin' the sisters' wine, again.

JakofallAces
05-05-2008, 05:44 PM
You've never had a hangover, 'cept maybe your belly.

Unless you've been hittin' the sisters' wine, again.

nah i had a sorta one when i was 12 in mexico i was sailing with my dad and he told me it was legal for me to drink at sea there and by peer pressure made me have 3 shots and i was sick like hell off the boat IN the boat ON my dad it sucked and that morning i wanted to blow my brains out at the sound of birds chirpin' good times with me pop good times:sleeping:

hellonearth159
05-05-2008, 08:04 PM
I like reading jakofallaces comments but I'm still looking for the post where he explains why the period button on his keyboard doesn't work.

SpaceGhost2K
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I like reading jakofallaces comments but I'm still looking for the post where he explains why the period button on his keyboard doesn't work.

Jak didn't just miss a period, he's missed a whole bunch of 'em.

:D

Jak, that's drunker than I've ever been.

JakofallAces
05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Jak didn't just miss a period, he's missed a whole bunch of 'em.

:D

Jak, that's drunker than I've ever been.

that hurt.

falldowndrunk
05-06-2008, 06:43 PM

Don't worry,tons of gatorade and munchy foods help with that.:cheers:

Okay,so I see I'm only allowed 5 pics in a message.Looks like I have to start fresh here.
The CoD2 plate has to be bootleg,it's just really crappily made.But,I'll post it here anyway.Any more I get will go here too.Sooner or later I'll post my custom plates,but I'm intimidated after seeing everyone else's plates....

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/cod2plate.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/tropicanaplate.jpg

JakofallAces
05-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Don't worry,tons of gatorade and munchy foods help with that.:cheers:

Okay,so I see I'm only allowed 5 pics in a message.Looks like I have to start fresh here.
The CoD2 plate has to be bootleg,it's just really crappily made.But,I'll post it here anyway.Any more I get will go here too.Sooner or later I'll post my custom plates,but I'm intimidated after seeing everyone else's plates....

http://www.geocities.com/falldown_drunk/cod2plate.jpg

REMOVE THAT TROPICANA PLATE PICK IT IS HORENDOUS AND ALSO WE HAVE THOSE PICS ALREADY FOR THE DATABASE

falldowndrunk
05-06-2008, 10:01 PM
REMOVE THAT TROPICANA PLATE PICK IT IS HORENDOUS AND ALSO WE HAVE THOSE PICS ALREADY FOR THE DATABASE

Well,I would,but since you quoted me and DIDN'T remove the pics,you're just gonna have em still here,so HAH!
And Jak,I like looking at the fat man with wings.It helps calm me.In a non-gay way.Or not,I dunno.

Anyway,Spacey when you get some time why don't you put a list of what you have and/or don't have,or what you need better pics of.That'll help now with people putting up plates of things already added.

SpaceGhost2K
05-07-2008, 12:12 AM
It'll take a whole day to go through them all and I'm scrambling to do all the stuff I have to do, now. For now, the thing to do is use lowdown411.com's faceplate index. Anything I did that isn't the actual database is going to pale in comparison to that one, anyway. And if you see somethin gtacohead missed, PM him a pic and he'll add it.

THSkillet
05-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Heres a pic of my Medal of Honor: Airborne Faceplate (took it about an hour ago)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/TacanoHSkillet/DSC001331.jpg

AFAIK (correct me if im wrong), the only way you could get this faceplate was to be an hourly winner in the "Operation Live Jump" Xbox Live event.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/medalofhonorairborne/livejump/default.htm

Btw, im a new member, this is my first post, and I love this site.

gameking28
05-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Welcome! That's a helluva first post! :D

JakofallAces
05-07-2008, 05:46 AM
i did not know that they made a medal of honor plate cool

hellonearth159
05-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Wow!! Just when I thought I was almost done getting all the game based faceplates!!
Any chance you want to sell it?

Ranzo
05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
So is there an updated list of which plates have been done?

falldowndrunk
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Heres a pic of my Medal of Honor: Airborne Faceplate (took it about an hour ago)

AFAIK (correct me if im wrong), the only way you could get this faceplate was to be an hourly winner in the "Operation Live Jump" Xbox Live event.

Wow,out of the gate swingin with a helluva first impression.You rule dude!Hope to hear from ya more.

I'm jealous of that plate BTW....:cheers:

SpaceGhost2K
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
So is there an updated list of which plates have been done?

The list at lowdown411 is the most accurate at this point, until we get the big one up.

Ranzo
05-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Here is the unreal plate. I have 12 of these, if people overseas need to have one we can set a price.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc75/Ranz0250/IMG_0121.jpg

UNV Superkid
05-09-2008, 06:07 AM

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/TacanoHSkillet/DSC001331.jpg

i need to find one of those plates, they are actually a nice plate

THSkillet
05-09-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow!! Just when I thought I was almost done getting all the game based faceplates!!
Any chance you want to sell it?

Yeah ill probably be selling this on ebay soon. Ive wanted to become a faceplate collector but I just dont have the money for it. That and im still feeling the sting of purchasing a pgr3 knockoff faceplate a few months back...:bang:

SpaceGhost2K
05-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah ill probably be selling this on ebay soon. Ive wanted to become a faceplate collector but I just dont have the money for it. That and im still feeling the sting of purchasing a pgr3 knockoff faceplate a few months back...:bang:

There are the limited plates and the non-limited plates, and the packaging is the only difference. As far as I know, there ARE no knockoffs. If there were, they'd be like Quake IV and COD2 plates where they're all over the damn place.

moltenluv
05-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Forget eBay sell directly to me :hardcore: Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheers:

JakofallAces
05-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Forget eBay sell directly to me :hardcore: Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheers:

well its 4:30 am on cape cod and i think its time to say rae rae ur sig is ginormous

SpaceGhost2K
06-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I want to get back to using this thread for database information until it actually launches. At that point, we'll have the General, the Customs, the Collections and the Database forums. The Database forums will be JUST for database related issues. Part of that will be me asking for help: pics, info, etc. The other part of that will be you telling me things that need to be fixed, or offering additional photos. The last part of that will be a place to submit data: everything needed to add a plate. You can link to a site with a bunch of plates, or you can link one plate and provide all the relevant info. There will be a "form" of sorts that has the same info that I use when I add a plate. I'll take it right out of yoru post and add it.

I have a concern that I brought up to Kamshaft earlier and that is about registration. He wants customizers with featured plates to register at the site, and rightly so. However, I registered my mom over an hour ago and she still hasn't gotten the activation email. First of all, that's a pain in my butt when I'm trying to add plates because I have no option except to go do something else. But more importantly, we are going to require people who enter the draving for the WALL-E goodies to register, and if the system has problems with ONE person, what is going to happen when three thousand people try to join? I'll tell you. They'll enter their info. They'll check their email. There won't be anything there. And they'll be gone, never to be seen or heard from again. So that is something we need to get fixes, IMHO, even BEFORE we do any more database stuff.

Lastly, an update. There are currently 556 faceplates in the database and I'm STILL not done. Pavel and mypainteffects plates are up now. Spacey's Mom's aren't. Jenni Chasteen's aren't. I've got a couple of odds and ends. I've got a ton of secondary photos that won't count as individual plates. And I've got some to be pulled from Tacohead's site and added - mostly the charity plates and some prototype plates.

556. WOOT! I'm out. Katamari's feeding me in 20 min. :)

SpaceGhost2K
06-14-2008, 03:32 AM
556. Those were the good ol' days. I only added sixty more today. That's all. It currently stands at 616.

I know, I have to quit farting around and get to work, yes?

Well, that's just what I got uploaded. That's not counting the other 157 I still have to upload.

That's right. We were thinking eh, 200 would be good. 300 would be plenty. 500 is MORE than plenty so stop there. Well, how does 773 grab you?

Maybe I'll shoot for 777. Doesn't that sound like a great number to launch with? I have until midnight Monday night to get the rest of them in and scrounge up four more plates, lol.

Oh, and that's not counting TWO HUNDRED additional photos that I have of carded or boxed plates, alternate shots, etc, etc.

Of course, if you do the math, with alternate shots, we're only 23 photos away from ONE THOUSAND photos in the database.

-----

I was looking for pics tonight, and some of them are really small, or really bad. And it's not because someone was sloppy. It was because nobody cared. Nobody bothered. Somebody in France made five charity faceplates and got four square inches of space on a blog somewhere, and that's it. They're gone. Auctions are WAY over, original pics were removed, there are no links to larger pics. All that there will ever be to share with anyone is a 75 x 15 jpeg of history.

Oh sure, I hear the people say, "History? Aren't you thinking this stuff is a little more important than it really is?" Well, I look at it like this. Xbox 360 faceplates are really and truly, the first video game collectible accessory. I mean, I know you can go get NES Belt Buckles at Hot Topic, but that stuff is just licensed... stuff.

Think about it. Collectible controllers? Collectible carrying cases? Collectible wiring harnesses or power strips? Faceplates are the first accessory that people can actually buy, sell, trade and collect! People collect consoles, sure, and games, too. But all that has to do with information and experience. I can "experience" Super Mario Brothers or Sonic the Hedgehog, without having an NES or a Genesis or a cartridge. And everything else, well... there's really not anything to experience about an RF Adapter.

But these things... Honestly, I don't think Microsoft or anybody really understands the landmark here. They're trying so hard to turn Viva Pinata into the next Pokemon that they don't realize they've got a Pokemon staring them right in the face. This whole sub-culture is happening right under their noses, and to be frank, not only do I think they don't know it, but I think they're not even considering it for the next console.

That's part of what this will do. This will make all those people who think it's ridiculous to spend $20 on a faceplate think differently, when they find out that collectors will pay $1000 if it's the right plate. Suddenly, everybody's looking at them differently. Gamers are. Publishers are. And maybe some day, someone at some company will decide that every single game they publish will have part of its marketing budget set aside for faceplates. A week after launch, we're sick of seeing ads for Ninja Gaiden II. But we could keep a Ninja Gaiden II faceplate on our console for months and months and not even think of it as advertising. Isn't that the best advertising of all, that advertising that appeals to you on a level that it doesn't even FEEL like advertising?

Back to the history thing. We're recording history. We're documenting a history of video gaming at a level nobody has done before. And it's not happening in spite of the others. We didn't go into this saying "We're gonna show Lowdown411 and 360style.co.uk what a real database looks like." No, we didn't. Tacohead, Frazmand, and the others saw the same thing we saw, and they're HELPING US. You know what that is? That's COMMUNITY.

A thousand photos. And we couldn't have done it without their help, and we couldn't have done it without YOUR help. Coming up with pictures, answering questions, pointing me in the right direction. Kamshaft and FragMasterB are working their tails off behind the scenes to make this happen. And Microsoft and THQ and Midway and MadCatz and UbiSoft are starting to see this and they're going, "holy crap!" You guys have no idea what that pic of WALL-E is doing to some of these guys. They're seeing it, and they want to be part of it.

Anyway, get excited. A thousand photos. Kam's gonna poop pottery.

KatamariKutie
06-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Anyway, get excited. A thousand photos. Kam's gonna poop pottery.

What KIND of pottery because if its like ancient tokens or small oil lamps - that isn't too impressive but i mean if he's gonna poop an huge planter or something.... now THAT is different.....

JakofallAces
06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
What KIND of pottery because if its like ancient tokens or small oil lamps - that isn't too impressive but i mean if he's gonna poop an huge planter or something.... now THAT is different.....

now i wonder how Kam will feel about us conversing about his poo, i guess its a form or attention so i guess he will enjoy it

wicked_d365
06-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought the idea of changing faceplates was kinda something MS was throwing out there at first to get you to buy the console, and then never do anything with it. I never paid too much attention to them till I started see some of the one's from E3 and when Gears came out. Then what really got my attention was OXM spread on Spacy's plates. I was in aww of what he had done, and I was hooked. I started looking around and found that their were tons of them out there. Looking for info on one plate is such a pain in the a$$, which is why this database is going to rock. This will be perfect for current collectors, and a great place for new collectors to get started.
Thank you Spacy, Kam, Taco, and everyone who is helping on this, we really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

SpaceGhost2K
06-14-2008, 02:29 PM
My pleasure. And my pain, lol.

Symmetric-XBA
06-14-2008, 04:57 PM
dam 1000 photos and growing strong, thats impressive! i wonder though whats going to happen to faceplate value when / if the new nextbox comes out, and none of the 360 faceplates will work on it........ hmmmmmmmm.........

JakofallAces
06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
dam 1000 photos and growing strong, thats impressive! i wonder though whats going to happen to faceplate value when / if the new nextbox comes out, and none of the 360 faceplates will work on it........ hmmmmmmmm.........

we already had a topic about that exact question adn it ended by everyone who was still a collector getting all the plates they wanted most likely....i think

SpaceGhost2K
06-15-2008, 08:11 PM

It doesn't launch for another day, and I'm trying to get permission to post a couple of plates that right now have a big watermark right over the top. So if it all comes together, I'm 14 plates away from launching with eight hundred plates.

SpaceGhost2K
06-16-2008, 05:11 AM
I thought I might go surf the net for a bit and try to scare up a dozen more. Why not hit 800, right? Well, it's three hours later and I probably found another fifty. I won't be able to use a lot of them ebcause they're group photos with plates in front of plates, or just too small. There's at least 20 from the Xbox Lounge in Japan, and I found a few in collections that I've never seen before. Where the heck are these people getting these things? I found a DOA4 white plate with Lisa on it. WTF? Anyway. I gotta save some surprises for the database, right? I don't want to go and tell you what all is going to be in there, because then it wouldn't be fun. I can tell you this though... if you think you've seen them all, think again.

Ry
06-16-2008, 06:06 AM
I thought I might go surf the net for a bit and try to scare up a dozen more. Why not hit 800, right? Well, it's three hours later and I probably found another fifty. I won't be able to use a lot of them ebcause they're group photos with plates in front of plates, or just too small. There's at least 20 from the Xbox Lounge in Japan, and I found a few in collections that I've never seen before. Where the heck are these people getting these things? I found a DOA4 white plate with Lisa on it. WTF? Anyway. I gotta save some surprises for the database, right? I don't want to go and tell you what all is going to be in there, because then it wouldn't be fun. I can tell you this though... if you think you've seen them all, think again.
Cant wait for it dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LowDown has 331 plates? We have 700-800? Bow Chicka Bow W0w.

JakofallAces
06-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Cant wait for it dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee! LowDown has 331 plates? We have 700-800? Bow Chicka Bow W0w.

wow who are you caboose or something anyways yes i do think i have seen nearly all of them it will be nice to see some new ones and maybe re-energize my love of faceplates

frag yo mamma 2
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
yaaaaaaaaaa.. maybe im stupid, but were is a link for the datebase? i thought i was lookin at it before but i guess i was wrong, ha... :(

SpaceGhost2K
09-21-2008, 09:36 PM
yaaaaaaaaaa.. maybe im stupid, but were is a link for the datebase? i thought i was lookin at it before but i guess i was wrong, ha... :(

It's in the middle of the front page under the faceplate, or you can go to www.xboxaddict.com/faceplates_all

JakofallAces
09-21-2008, 09:51 PM
It's in the middle of the front page under the faceplate, or you can go to www.xboxaddict.com/faceplates_all

have fun shifting thru all of them i gave up along time ago, i already know 90% of them anyways

FrameCityKiller
10-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure if anyone put this up yet, but I found a picture of the corporate Naruto: Rise of a Ninja faceplate. From what I've read, you get the faceplate by purchasing the game from a Game CFrazy retail store.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/NarutoRiseofaNinja-1.jpg

JakofallAces
10-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure if anyone put this up yet, but I found a picture of the corporate Naruto: Rise of a Ninja faceplate. From what I've read, you get the faceplate by purchasing the game from a Game CFrazy retail store.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/NarutoRiseofaNinja-1.jpg

ya sorta old but thats fine, ya they were sold a stores for a limited time then disappeared but the occasionally show up on ebay. they go for around 70-100 dollars

OBL infad3ll
10-03-2008, 05:45 PM
ya sorta old but thats fine, ya they were sold a stores for a limited time then disappeared but the occasionally show up on ebay. they go for around 70-100 dollars

more like 50 now but thats still good for a promo plate

SpaceGhost2K
10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
www.xboxaddict.com/faceplates_all

Check out that link. That's your faceplate database. You can look through there to see what we know about and what we don't.

We managed to snag a few of those Naruto plates and we'll be having a contest to give a couple of them away here one of these days. We're right in the middle of a crazy review season and that has to be our focus at the moment. KatamariKutie thinks it's funny that I write her one line emails and then write 2,000 word posts. I just finished my review of Fracture and it's 2,600 words long. If you read my OXM article, that was about 600 words.

JEJE13
01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Viewtifull Joe. Painted by a french artist from Paris like Mr.A in 2006 :hail:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3858/dsc008712hg3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/dsc008712hg3.jpg/1/w767.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img147/dsc008712hg3.jpg/1/)

SpaceGhost2K
01-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Viewtifull Joe. Painted by a french artist from Paris like Mr.A in 2006 :hail:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3858/dsc008712hg3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/dsc008712hg3.jpg/1/w767.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img147/dsc008712hg3.jpg/1/)

It feels like I've seen that plate before. Is it new? Maybe I've just seen the image before.

JEJE13
01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
It's not new. I have already seen the pic before too. I just say it's a french artist and it's very expensive (350€ at Colette, store in Paris). I dont know more.

JEJE13
01-03-2009, 01:15 PM
I add my pics for your database :cheers:

Microsoft Game Studio GIVE 2008:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8796/cimg3142xbaddra7.jpg

Dead Or Alive Xtrem 2:

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/6387/cimg3145xbaddgo4.jpg

End War:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1382/cimg3144xbaddod3.jpg

The Last Remanent:

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/69/cimg3121xbaddun5.jpg

lonewolfie13
01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Has anyone here seen or anyone own the limited redman(rapper) faceplate? I saw it on ebay earlier but dont have the link anymore. I dont normally like most rap but it had an awesome design sort of a graffiti/purple/japanese-ish look...the guy on ebay said it was one of 5000 but i dunno i never seen it anywhere it could be a custom....

SpaceGhost2K
01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Its in the database.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/faceplates_all

Scroll down to Redman.

racingfreak92
04-21-2009, 06:58 PM
i couldnt find this is the database:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=330322850225

Far Cry 2 faceplate

SpaceGhost2K
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
i couldnt find this is the database:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=330322850225

Far Cry 2 faceplate

Wow, nice catch. Totally missed that one. I found a larger pic and will add it to my folder of "Plates to ADD".

racingfreak92
04-21-2009, 08:20 PM
i won that auction earlier, i can take a higher quality picture when i get it if needed

SpaceGhost2K
04-21-2009, 08:38 PM
i won that auction earlier, i can take a higher quality picture when i get it if needed

It's okay. I grabbed a pic from another site, and I have one here, too. If I need a better pic, I can take one. Thanks though :)