PDA

View Full Version : MX vs ATV Untamed review tommorrow!

Kamshaft
12-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Hey guys just giving you the heads that THQ was nice enough to let us review this cool motocross title nice and early! Should be up sometime in the morning.

Check out the game's profile (http://www.xboxaddict.com/product_profile/1461.html) in the meantime.

Foques
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
ooooogh... i want!!

MXracer721
12-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Awesome, can't wait to see what you think. I'm getting tired of playing the demo, Harris Park gets pretty boring after a while, can't wait till Monday to pick this one up.

Shawn-XBA
12-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Alright everyone, the review is now up!

Check it out! (http://www.xboxaddict.com/staff_review/12938.html)

Kamshaft
12-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Already posted on Metacritic !

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/mxvsatvuntamed

MXracer721
12-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Great review. Finally they got the online right! I won't be happy w/o downloadable content though. If the demo has the same sound as the final version I think it should get no higher than a 8.0 because it's clearly a step backwards in that department. I would have rather them left the sounds of the bikes alone. Did you mess with pro physics at all? One thing I wonder they do is if you can make it so that in online games you can force everyone to use pro physics. Can't wait to play this on Monday, I just hope now that the online play is good that more people from here will play!

Edit: WOW....I just saw that EGM gave this a 60/100 and said that Motorstorm does offroad racing better. That game was pure crap. Yea the visuals are better but other than that the game was a joke. OXM gave this game a 50/100........they say Unleashed is better. Oh well, this game will sell great throughout to people interested in the motocross industry.

Nato King
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I am not into these types of games but with a review like that I might think about getting it. XBA doing it big around here.

CrazyCougar
12-15-2007, 05:23 AM
The review is very encouraging and I look forward to checking this title out!!! Good job Stephen.

MXracer721
12-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Got the game today, found it at Wal-Mart even though I think most places won't have it till tomorrow. I must say the track on the demo does not show how great this game is. I was super impressed, the full version is much more fun than the demo. The supercross tracks are awesome, I didn't get a chance to play the Nationals yet but I'll get more play in tomorrow. Everyone get this so I can play you guys online!!!!!

Kamshaft
12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
MX go ahead and add me to your friends list. We'll race.
Anyone else?

CrazyCougar
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
I'll definitely be in on the action once I can muster up some cash to get the game. Hopefully after Christmas.

MXracer721
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
MX go ahead and add me to your friends list. We'll race.
Anyone else?

Alright dude, I'll add ya tonight if I get back on. Quick question, did you switch the controls back to the old way or leave the gas/brake on the triggers? The reason they switched them was because apparently MS quit making the buttons pressure sensitive, so with the triggers you can drag the brake if you need to. I don't know if I like the default setup, I still have to mess around with default and custom layouts.

Kamshaft
12-20-2007, 06:02 AM
I left them default, so yes, triggers.

.:LRG:.VinTaGe
12-25-2007, 07:35 PM
This has to be the best MX game ever
love it
buy it, don't be cheap and pass this one up

MXracer721
12-25-2007, 07:56 PM
This has to be the best MX game ever
love it
buy it, don't be cheap and pass this one up

What's your gamertag, we'll have to meet up and play online. Right now I mostly play SX tracks though until I get bored with them then I'll start getting the Nats down. I do know a few of the Nats though. I'm starting to like the X-Cross deal because I usually wouldn't ever play anything besides SX or Nats so this forces me to do so, which is good now that I play more of the game. We need to get more people from XBA to play this game!!!!!!!!!

Hey Stephen, congrats on getting 10k by Christmas! Anyways, I spent Sunday night getting the 10 holeshots in SX and I didn't get an achievement. I went back through and did the 2 SX event series and got every holeshot in each race which was a total of 10 and didn't get squat. I also suck at freestyle so I haven't gotten the 8x or 10x multiplier yet, but I'm working on it!