PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible? (Recording footage)

sxr
12-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I have (competitor) UltraSharp 2007WFP monitor, it has a hd vga port, dvi, and a bunch of other random ones which I dont think will matter (maybe s-video will though?). Anyways, my question is this: I have my PC hooked up to my monitors DVI port and I have my xbox hooked up to my VGA port.. Is there any way to record xbox footage on my PC with this setup? I would think it would be possible but I have no idea where to start... If someone could point me in the right direction I'll take you out for a candle-lit tacobell dinner.

Thanks

Reclaimer
12-14-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey everyone,

I have (competitor) UltraSharp 2007WFP monitor, it has a hd vga port, dvi, and a bunch of other random ones which I dont think will matter (maybe s-video will though?). Anyways, my question is this: I have my PC hooked up to my monitors DVI port and I have my xbox hooked up to my VGA port.. Is there any way to record xbox footage on my PC with this setup? I would think it would be possible but I have no idea where to start... If someone could point me in the right direction I'll take you out for a candle-lit tacobell dinner.

Thanks

Hook up your 360 to a VCR, select the correct input to put the 360 on the TV screen, however it works on your VCR. Then record as you play.
Take VCR and play it back through a video capture card or USB capture device on your computer.

Or, find some sort of video capture hardware that takes external video, say from the 360 and feeds to a monitor and lets you record that way.
No matter how you do it, you'll need a capture card (or USB capture device).