PDA

View Full Version : COD4 questions.

Reclaimer
12-18-2007, 12:34 AM
OK, I've been playing for a bit now. I'm a level 31 Captain. After playing the game and logging 11 hours on it, I know have questions.

1. What the hell is Prestige? Is it worth it to keep trying to obtain this?
2. Looking at the "Killer" goals, what is a cooked grenade?
3. What's better for perks.. Double tap or Stopping Power?

Seriously though, I love the game and I'm just plodding along and getting goals done, the only Bootcamp goal I have left is to run 26 miles and I have 1 mile left.
The only thing I hate is this feeling that I have to work towards something when I just really want to have fun. So that's why I want to know if Prestige is just something I must absolutely have.

At the moment I'm just getting most of my weapons skills maxed out. But due to my playing style, I can not stand sniping. If Prestige is not important to the game, than I'll just foget the sniping goals because I just hate sniping.
Not that I don't have the skill, it just doesn't suit my playing style.

What guns do you guys use primarily? I sort of bounce between the M60 and the M-16. I like the AK-47 and the RPK, but if I just want to go to work.. I just go back to the M-16 and get it done.

Soda Jones
12-18-2007, 12:42 AM
1. Prestige isn't worth it. It doesn't give you anything. It just makes you start all over again earning perks and weapons.

2. Cooked grenade is when you pull the pin and let go of the safety and "cook it." Basicly, players cook it, and then throw it right before it's going to explode so that the enemy doesn't have time to pick it up or dodge it. Just hold down RB and you start cooking...don't hold down too long.

3. I think stopping power is better, if you're not playing hardcore. If you play hardcore (which is the only gametype I play) things are much more realistic and people actually die from being shot, as opposed to being forced to unload an entire clip to kill someone.

As far as best assualt rifle goes, the G3 is good, so is the g36, but my favorite by far is the m14 which you get at 46 I think. The P90 is the best submachine gun. And of course the Barret is the best sniper rifle. Don't go prestige, just go up to level 55 and stay there, you get all the weapons and perks.

You'll love the overkill perk, it lets you hold two primary weapons.

Variation-XBA
12-18-2007, 12:51 AM
1. What the hell is Prestige? Is it worth it to keep trying to obtain this?
2. Looking at the "Killer" goals, what is a cooked grenade?
3. What's better for perks.. Double tap or Stopping Power?

What guns do you guys use primarily? I sort of bounce between the M60 and the M-16. I like the AK-47 and the RPK, but if I just want to go to work.. I just go back to the M-16 and get it done.

1) Once you max out lvl 55, you can basically restart all over from lvl one, but have a nifty icon showing that you are on your 2nd/3rd/4th etc playthrough. It's only a bragging right, but me personally chose prestige to keep my fun levels going and I find myself doing the "just one more level" alot more and having fun with it. It DOES place you with poeple your skill still, so don't think you'll be prestige lvl 1 and then just owning noobs quick, it's not like that. It does suck having to start with the masic weapons and no good addons, but that's what I find fun, unlocking the challenges and getting them again.

2) Holding a gernadefor awhile before throwing it rather than just rpessing the button to throw it right away

3)Personally, I like double tap, but it depends on what weapon as well. Put double tap on a skorpion or P90 and you shoot so fast you'll always get a fast burst kill as long as your aim doesn't suck and you know how to compensate. Stopping power I generally only keep on my snipes and SAW's, as I want to shoot through the walls and do more damage with those kinda guns.

I LOVE the AK, the P90 and the G3 (once you get used to 1 bullet), and a red dot is a MUST, even moreso than the gernade launcher.

Focus on one weapon and get the 150 kills, then move to the next weapon to maximaze XP bonus gain. don't worry about the headshots, as those come in time and you'll have all your 150 kills per weapon before you finish headshots only.

Reclaimer
12-18-2007, 06:16 AM
Honestly, I didn't know you could cook a grenade. That was something I just never noticed that you can do. I ought to try it.. not that I'm a big grenade thrower.

Hah.. I gave up on the G3 because of the single shot mode. I'm not a spray and pray player, but single fire doesn't suit me either. Feels like I should be sniping and that's just something I don't have the patience for either.

I should go back to stopping power instead of double tapping. I never really had a problem with the rates of fire with the different weapons to begin with. (besides the G3..) I mean, I do see the speed difference, but I think it's important to just be able to drop people with less fire. I've had good streaks happen and I've run out of ammo quite a few times and had to find a gun somewhere laying about.

As for Prestige.. I guess screw it. If a game is generally just outright fun, I'll keep playing it regardless. So what I max out my rank. I'm more interested in the game play than status I suppose. That's why I stuck with social playlists in Halo so much rather than ranked games.

We'll see how it goes. I love this game though. More than Halo and probably more than RSLV.

Not Yellow
12-18-2007, 08:50 AM
As for weapons, I'll go between the M16, P90, G36C, and R700.

Perks: Stopping Power, Sleight of Hand, Deep Impact are the three main ones I use, and then I alternate bewteen the Perk 1 sets.

All of my guns have Silencers on then.

Im at level 42 right now and I'll prestige all 10 times I get to lvl 55.

HaZarD SFD
12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Main weapons
M4
P90
M21
M14
RPD

Secondary
Desert Eagle

Perks
Claymore
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact

Grenades
Stun

Thats all I use in every mode.
I only play Hardcore.

Whisper
12-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Main weps: M4
Secondary: Knife more than I use the pistol (Deagle)

Fav Perks: Stopping Power, Deep Impact

Fav Tactic: Allah-Bomb (cook grenade, do not let go, jump in pile of enemies muwhahahah)