PDA

View Full Version : EA plates... it's in the lame.

SpaceGhost2K
12-18-2007, 06:36 PM
OK, that was mean, but I didn't have a better rhyme. I'm too distracted.

I won a Madden '07 plate in an auction for a whole $4.95 ($11+ with shipping). The seller was dotingdottie, and she did the greatest packing job on a faceplate EVER. Triple wrapped in bubbles, inside a box, and surrounded in bubbles again, and wrapped in a bigger box. You could drop this sucker off the WTC and it would survive.

Anyway, I had Madden '08 and NCAA '08 and I looked at them together to compare them.

Madden '08 and NCAA '08 were made by Pegasus Technologies. There is a slight texture to the front of both plates.

The Madden '07, however, while in the same style and layout as these and other EA gameplates like the Nascar plate (that I don't own yet), was made by MadCatz, and has a different texture on the front. If you tip the plate in the light, the texture is broken up by areas with no texture that appear to be baseballs or basketballs. You have to be able to see the glare where the balls are, otherwise just looking at it directly, you'd never notice a difference.

I'm curious if the NCAA '07 plate is the same way. I don't even remember what year Nascar plates were made.

cheezymonkey999
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
what nascar plates? Ive never seen any before...

SpaceGhost2K
12-18-2007, 08:18 PM
what nascar plates? Ive never seen any before...