PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Petition for a back-up service

FpS_PhReeK
03-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Hi all,

I would like the ability to back up my titles.... but then everyone says that this would get out of hand and we would see a run of pirated games.

The next logical step to me seems to be for Xbox game owners to be allowed to register their titles with either the software developers, their local store like EB, or with MS, so that if a game disk should be damaged or scratched it should be replaced either for free or for like the cost of the disk $5-7,,,,, I would just hate to buy a title again just because it got damaged or scratched. 50 bucks a pop.... ouch.

I am just looking down the road and exploring options let me know what you guys think about this idea.

Would any of you sign a petition that we could submit to Xbox.com or EB as a group?

Gamers unite, in a group we have power.

PhReeK out!:)

FpS_PhReeK
03-04-2002, 09:13 PM
I sign first!

PhReeK out!

Highlite23
03-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Thats a great idea Fps...If you get it going you can include me. GOOD JOB!

Sangha
03-04-2002, 09:25 PM
That is a great idea.

You should set something up at a petition website like This (http://petitiononline.com/)

conman509
03-04-2002, 11:23 PM
If your damaged games were published by EA they'll replace it for a fee of $15.I'm sure other companies have similar policies.

Chr0nik
03-05-2002, 06:09 AM
Why don't you people just take care of your games.

Handle them delicately, as if they were a baby

Put them back in the case when you are done.

I don't agree with the companies having to replace the discs for a

charge, it is not their responsibility to replace discs that have

been damaged by the user, unless they were damages when

first purchased.

My games are in impeccable condition, I have no need for

backups.

Backups are the first step down the road to pirating :(

Bundy
03-05-2002, 06:15 AM
Online petitions never work. They don't change a thing.

Chronik is right. Just take care of your stuff. There was a long period, between when cds came out and cd burners became mainstream that nobody made backups. We all survived just fine.

The only two places my games can possibly be are in there case or in the xbox. Each of those places do not scracth my game, and I am not a dumbass when I transfer from either location.

Hugh_Jass
03-05-2002, 08:19 AM
When I read the title of this thread I assumed you were talking about a hard drive backup service for the XBOX so you wouldn't lose your saved games in the event of a hardware failure. I would sign that petition.

I could be done online but I would prefer to have the ability to backup to any PC on my home network.

xboxer2002
03-05-2002, 08:27 AM
I can honestly tell you that this ideaa will NEVER fly with the industry.If you want back up copies,better learn how to do it yourself

Kooster
03-05-2002, 05:54 PM
I think that its not that hard to take care of an Xbox game. Do that and you'll be fine.

The Terminator
03-05-2002, 05:58 PM
I wish petitioning would work: this would be great for worst case scenarios, just in case something did go wrong.