PDA

View Full Version : (Ugly) Tropicana Twister Faceplate

racingfreak92
12-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Ive never seen one of these before and it not listen on the lowdown411.com database.

Its apparently a prize from a promotion by Tropicana and only 9,500 were produced, but who knows how many were won. I bought this (so sorry if any one was looking for it) for $7 w/ shipping and even though its ugly as sin i figured i could get more for it if i decide to sell it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110206208337

Nato King
12-20-2007, 08:36 PM
Yes this is one ugly faceplate. Nothing I want to get in the future.

racingfreak92
12-20-2007, 08:39 PM
if it wasent for the Sumo wrestler it wouldn't be that bad... that sumo wrestler is damn HIDEOUS. Mabe ill paint over it......

SpaceGhost2K
12-20-2007, 08:51 PM
www.cheapassgamer.com had a whole thread aboutthis contest, and people in the thread were giving faceplates away while they tried to win better prizes. I have one and used a second one for a custom.

I'd much rather have the Sobe plate.

moltenluv
12-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Yes this is one ugly faceplate. Nothing I want to get in the future.

Same here. I refuse to buy this one. Heck I don't even think I would take one if they were free. I really hate ugly faceplates :cuss:

gameking28
12-22-2007, 01:46 AM
I got one of those for .99 and free shipping.
Anyone want to trade for it? :rofl:

Nato King
12-22-2007, 05:55 AM
Also if anyone else wants to buy this faceplate. There is 3 on Ebay now.

Twister Faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Tropicana-Twister-Xbox-360-Faceplate-Sealed-Rare_W0QQitemZ200184638819QQihZ010QQcategoryZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

SpaceGhost2K
12-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Also if anyone else wants to buy this faceplate. There is 3 on Ebay now.

Twister Faceplate (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Tropicana-Twister-Xbox-360-Faceplate-Sealed-Rare_W0QQitemZ200184638819QQihZ010QQcategoryZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

.99 plus $5.50 pler plate +$5.00 per additional plate.

I'll give you five bucks for all three of them shipped, pal.

racingfreak92
12-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I got this one in the mail. I color matched the black and i am gonna paint over the sumo wrestler and spray the whole thing with a matte enamel. Ill post pics in a couple days

SpaceGhost2K
12-29-2007, 02:58 PM
HAH! I can do better than that. I just bought 25 of them for fifty bucks shipped, and the seller is selling me 14 more for another $28.

What am I going to do with 39 of the ugliest faceplates on the planet?

Anybody need some customs? :D

cheezymonkey999
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
www.cheapassgamer.com had a whole thread aboutthis contest, and people in the thread were giving faceplates away while they tried to win better prizes. I have one and used a second one for a custom.

I'd much rather have the Sobe plate.

I have the sobe plate!

SpaceGhost2K
12-31-2007, 01:52 PM
I have the sobe plate!

I KNOW, I KNOW... lol. :)

racingfreak92
01-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Can i get a picture of the sobe faceplate?

Is this the same faceplate you guys are talking about: https://www.sobebev.com/gear/stuff.asp ?

Nato King
01-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Can i get a picture of the sobe faceplate?

A question I have been burning to say but I am glad you said it.

Lethal AK47
01-04-2008, 08:14 AM
It's not really a beauty, but I want it for my collection. The only problem nobody on eBay who sells it for a low price want to ship it outside the U.S. So if one you is able to send one my way, just let me know. Payments via PayPal or Credit Card, not a problem!

gh0st_r1der
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
It's not really a beauty, but I want it for my collection. The only problem nobody on eBay who sells it for a low price want to ship it outside the U.S. So if one you is able to send one my way, just let me know. Payments via PayPal or Credit Card, not a problem!

I'll sell you a Tropicana faceplate for $5, and ship it to your country for $10.99 ( this is the total real shipping cost ).

If we make the deal today, the faceplate can be on its way tomorrow.
PM me for PayPal details

Let me know if you are interested

racingfreak92
01-04-2008, 12:38 PM
pictures of sobe faceplate? Is there another one separate from the one i linked?

SpaceGhost2K
01-04-2008, 02:51 PM
pictures of sobe faceplate? Is there another one separate from the one i linked?

Unbelievable.

I've been wanting that plate for a long time. I can't believe it was that easy to get one.

Yup. That's the plate. Register at the site, $12 for the plate, free shipping (if you register) and voila, Sobe plate.

I feel like a moran.

LzzrdBoy
03-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I know this thread is all but dead... but...

I've got nearly 50 of these Tropicana Plates still in their original shipped packages. I don't really care to try and sell them but I offer them up to anyone who's willing to cover the shipping on them. I can ship as many at a time as are wanted but since they're already individually packaged, I won't be combining them into a single package.

Needless to say I did rather well in the contest with regard to the Faceplates, Gamepacks and MS POINTS. Thing is, I feel exactly the same about these plates as everyone else.

I'm rather new around here so I don't expect everyone to trust me right away but for those of you who are interested in one of these, it's only a couple of bucks. Just puttin' the offer out there. And in the end, if you're looking to make a custom plate, free + shipping is about as good a deal you'll probably get.

L8R!

UNV Superkid
03-19-2008, 11:22 AM
I know this thread is all but dead... but...

I've got nearly 50 of these Tropicana Plates still in their original shipped packages. I don't really care to try and sell them but I offer them up to anyone who's willing to cover the shipping on them. I can ship as many at a time as are wanted but since they're already individually packaged, I won't be combining them into a single package.

Needless to say I did rather well in the contest with regard to the Faceplates, Gamepacks and MS POINTS. Thing is, I feel exactly the same about these plates as everyone else.

I'm rather new around here so I don't expect everyone to trust me right away but for those of you who are interested in one of these, it's only a couple of bucks. Just puttin' the offer out there. And in the end, if you're looking to make a custom plate, free + shipping is about as good a deal you'll probably get.

L8R!

just pm me with the cost to ship about 10 of them to Orlando, FL and we might have a deal

LzzrdBoy
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
just pm me with the cost to ship about 10 of them to Orlando, FL and we might have a deal

Hiya UNV...

I don't really have a problem shipping you a few but honestly, if you're looking for 10 you must be trying to sell them. I'm not looking to make a profit on all this and I frown upon anyone else who intends to do the same. I'd really like to spread the love a little and give others a chance to get some but if after a few days, there are no takers, you're second in line to get a bundle as per your request. One other user has asked for all 50 and if no one comes forward, I'll probably send him 40 and you 10...unless you guys can work something else out. I recently gave away more than 80 of these locally...wishing now I had kept them. LOL! Lets just see how it goes.

Thanks!

SpaceGhost2K
03-19-2008, 01:22 PM
I've bought a number of these to use for customs. Probably a hundred total. Paying for shipping on fifty individual items is WAY not gonna happen though, lol.

LzzrdBoy
03-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I've bought a number of these to use for customs. Probably a hundred total. Paying for shipping on fifty individual items is WAY not gonna happen though, lol.

Hi Space...

As I've already PM'd to some others... I'll consider shipping some bundles and would be happy to package them together but if it's all about who wants them the most or who wants the most of them...may come down to offers.

Originally I was just looking to give them to individuals who wanted them...resulting in about $2 shipping for each. However, if, like youself and some others, there are folks who would like 10+, we'll have to work out something. They're all still in the original packages they were shipped in from Young America so it's just easier that way.

Gonna' wait a day or two to check interest and we'll go from there! No worries though...something can surely be worked out. Gotta' get rid of them one way or another!!!

SpaceGhost2K
03-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Space...

As I've already PM'd to some others... I'll consider shipping some bundles and would be happy to package them together but if it's all about who wants them the most or who wants the most of them...may come down to offers.

Originally I was just looking to give them to individuals who wanted them...resulting in about $2 shipping for each. However, if, like youself and some others, there are folks who would like 10+, we'll have to work out something. They're all still in the original packages they were shipped in from Young America so it's just easier that way.

Gonna' wait a day or two to check interest and we'll go from there! No worries though...something can surely be worked out. Gotta' get rid of them one way or another!!!

Well I could take whatever you have left after you part a few of them out. There are indeed a gazillion of them out there. The hard part is finding ONE person with a large number of them. Katamari has been talking to you about getting some for customs (for me) but I'll stay out of it and just let you two talk so it doesn't confuse things. Thanks :) I think she did say something about making you a custom plate in exchange for a bunch of the Tropicana plates. That works for me.

SpaceGhost2K
03-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Well I could take whatever you have left after you part a few of them out. There are indeed a gazillion of them out there. The hard part is finding ONE person with a large number of them. Katamari has been talking to you about getting some for customs (for me) but I'll stay out of it and just let you two talk so it doesn't confuse things. Thanks :) I think she did say something about making you a custom plate in exchange for a bunch of the Tropicana plates. That works for me.

Oh, and I'd take them inside their boxes, all inside a bigger box, because I"m really hurting for boxes for mailing plates. I LOVE the idea of having 30-40 prefectly sized shipping boxes. Booyah. :)

LzzrdBoy
03-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah...I mentioned possibly getting a custom plate made from one of them if I ship them all to you. There would be no charge for the plates themselves but s/h would have to be covered. Even still, as light as they are, I can't see them costing more than $10 to ship... so long as I take them out of their current shipping envelopes.

Oh, and I'd take them inside their boxes, all inside a bigger box, because I"m really hurting for boxes for mailing plates. I LOVE the idea of having 30-40 prefectly sized shipping boxes. Booyah. :)
Unfortunately, they're not in "boxes". They're actually packed into special envelopes that have pull-strips down the center. So, once you pull the strip to open the package, it's no longer usable. Sorry. The faceplates however, for those of you who aren't aware, come inside the little plastic molded faceplate holder thingy... similar to those you see on store shelves. I've attached a pic. If you look closely, you can see the outline of the molded sleeve.

UNV Superkid
03-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Hiya UNV...

I don't really have a problem shipping you a few but honestly, if you're looking for 10 you must be trying to sell them. I'm not looking to make a profit on all this and I frown upon anyone else who intends to do the same. I'd really like to spread the love a little and give others a chance to get some but if after a few days, there are no takers, you're second in line to get a bundle as per your request. One other user has asked for all 50 and if no one comes forward, I'll probably send him 40 and you 10...unless you guys can work something else out. I recently gave away more than 80 of these locally...wishing now I had kept them. LOL! Lets just see how it goes.

Thanks!

I actually i am going to use them to practice on, i am trying to get back into painting and hope to use them to make a few customs on and layout some ideas

SpaceGhost2K
03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
That's right. I forgot about the packing. Probably easiest way to ship a number of them would be to take them out of the packs, but leave them in their bubbles. That's how I got the last batch. You can cut the hang-tab part of the bubbles off so they take up less space that way.