PDA

View Full Version : Lookie What Arrived Today...

gameking28
12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/th_GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg (http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/gameking28/Gaming/360%20Faceplates/GlobalSupportFaceplate.jpg)

Nato King
12-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Very nice

Did you also get the signed major nelson Card or something like that he was also giving away.

gameking28
12-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Nope, dude stiffed me on that. Apparently $500+ wasn't enough to get the highly coveted Major Nelson signature card. :rofl:
Didn't care that much about it anyway - I have my Major Nelson signed X06 plate.
I'm a little upset though. The guy shipped quick but he's been completely unresponsive. I've got some questions for him and after winning an auction like that, I expect some answers. :mad:

FaTBaLLa21
12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Sweetness

SpaceGhost2K
12-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I've seen a number of legit plates come from Pegasus Technologies so I wouldn't worry about that. And considering how limited the thing is, I wouldn't worry about a ding unless it's major damage. It seems like a really odd choice of design to bootleg if you were going to do a one-off.

And I could get Major Nelson's signature on the waistband of my underwear if I wanted. No big. :D

Nato King
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Nope, dude stiffed me on that. Apparently $500+ wasn't enough to get the highly coveted Major Nelson signature card. :rofl:
Didn't care that much about it anyway - I have my Major Nelson signed X06 plate.
I'm a little upset though. The guy shipped quick but he's been completely unresponsive. I've got some questions for him and after winning an auction like that, I expect some answers. :mad:

Wow I am surprised that he wouldn't response to your emails or anything like that. What about giving him a call.

gameking28
12-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Its not that big of a deal. Space made some good points about its authenticity. I was just kind of interested in how he got the plate (lottery, employee of the month, etc.)

NeXsus
12-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Probably managed to convince the most customers that their RROD is somehow their fault and its not covered by the warranty, and got it as a reward

hehe :cool:

gameking28
01-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Figured I'd throw an update on here about what's been happening with this seller/plate.
I got a message back from him the other day that basically said he caught the unholy hell that is the wrath of MS over selling this plate. Apparently it caused such an uproar that a memo was sent out forbidding the selling of xbox swag by employees on eBay.
It will still happen of course (having a "friend of a friend" sell it or what have you) but I'm guessing the eyes of MS are watching eBay pretty closely these days. Beware. :watchout:
I sent a friend request to him on XBL - I'll keey y'all posted on what (if anything) else I find out.

Soda Jones
01-02-2008, 02:08 AM
That's a really cool looking faceplate.

Nato King
01-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Figured I'd throw an update on here about what's been happening with this seller/plate.
I got a message back from him the other day that basically said he caught the unholy hell that is the wrath of MS over selling this plate. Apparently it caused such an uproar that a memo was sent out forbidding the selling of xbox swag by employees on eBay.
It will still happen of course (having a "friend of a friend" sell it or what have you) but I'm guessing the eyes of MS are watching eBay pretty closely these days. Beware. :watchout:
I sent a friend request to him on XBL - I'll keey y'all posted on what (if anything) else I find out.

Oh wow. They must take that really serious over there at MS. Thanks for the update.

gh0st_r1der
01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Apparently it caused such an uproar that a memo was sent out forbidding the selling of xbox swag by employees on eBay
wtf, ... if the thing is yours why not you do whatever you want with it

I just can guess what will happen if I put my gray "Debug" Xbox 360 faceplate on ebay. Well it is mine, not MS, 'cause a friend of mine gave it to me :)

SpaceGhost2K
01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm surprised that hadn't made that clear, already. Gamestop/EB does the same thing. It's a fireable offense.

gameking28
01-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy's job is safe, but all of the other stuff he was planning on selling (various Zero Hour swag and the big original Xbox kiosk) won't be going up on there.

JakofallAces
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy's job is safe, but all of the other stuff he was planning on selling (various Zero Hour swag and the big original Xbox kiosk) won't be going up on there.

why does microsoft care?? Isnt it publicity and hey he isnt stealing them is he??? Also if he owns it whats wrong it seems fishy. Also why hasnt microsoft got pissed about the people selling US launch teams I MADE THIS i mean those were only given to the executives or whatever they're called, why is Microsoft getting so pissed now after one rare plate????