PDA

View Full Version : who is getting rallisport????

Kero
03-04-2002, 09:41 PM
i can't wait for it to come out!
well... kinda
i'm actually waiting for the gamespot review
they always give a good review in my opinion
it seems bad when compared to the ps2 reviews but if you just ignore those, the reviews are actually great
there aren't many 9+ games.. actually, i dont think there is a 9+ game other than halo but that's because there is no game right now that deserves a 9+
9+ games should be those games that you CAN'T miss out on
like starcraft, GT3, etc.
anyways
back to the topic

who's getting it?
did anyone hear any negative things about it yet?

ssxtricky
03-04-2002, 11:14 PM
I will be getting Rallisport as soon as it launches..........

I love racing games..........

Rallisport will blow away Gran Turismo easy wait and see....:) :) :)

-WorldSpawn-
03-05-2002, 08:01 AM
I'm definately getting it, but there are a few things about it that will bother me:
- No anti-aliasing on the vehicles In-Game (not a big deal when you weigh performance vs. quality)
- Unable to save replays
- Can't go too far off the track (apparently you can only go about 30 'virtual feet')

It still has the makings of a kick ass Arcade style racer, but they could have done so much more! Almost all the Xbox games released so far have left me with this feeling... Developers need to start taking advantage of the online stuff, and make their games the killer app on the first version.

Spaztic
03-05-2002, 10:14 AM
definatly getting the game!

XboxGamerX2
03-05-2002, 02:10 PM
i want these 2 gam..r they good?

linkycat
03-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Rallisport Challenge looks to be quite the awesome racer. I hear it rivals Gran Turismo 2 pretty easily.

I think I'm gonna pick this badass up, but I've got just a few questions about the game before I buy in.

1) I hear there is no in game rear-view mirror... I know it sounds dumb, but I've got a humongo projection TV, and I love looking at all the little details of XBOX games. The bark on Halo's trees... The icewater cave in DOA3, I love attention to detail. That said, wouldn't it have been easy with the power of the XBOX to throw a reflective mirror surface in there for the love of christ?

2) See above anti-aliasing comment... Kinda shady, why do you think they skipped that step?

But I think the biggest factor for me is going to be what kinds of different gameplay are there going to be? Is the non-multiplayer story mode (if there is one) going to be good enough to keep me entertained more than, say, Project Gotham? I sure as hell hope so.

Anywho, that's my little thumb's worth of info. I'm really lookin forward to this title, I just hope it's all it's cracked up to be.

conman509
03-06-2002, 02:42 AM
This game should not only rival Gran turismo 2 but hopefully Gran Turismo 3 aswell and as for the story,well that'll be great too.It's about an ace mechanic called Mustapha who discovers a magic wrench deep inside a cave in Afghanistan and then..........

Rancey
03-06-2002, 03:50 AM
Definetely looking at picking it up, you better tell me your impressions Jeremy! :)

studepaber
03-06-2002, 12:32 PM
Yay I picked up my copy of RSC at EB today during lunch break but I have to WAIT to play it when work is done.....If only I could set up a TV at work and play this game the rest of the day, ha.

BTW this WILL be the GT3 killa.

deuces2k
03-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Looks good so far... have you guys seen the review up on Gaming-age (http://www.gaming-age.com) ?? They gave it a pretty good rating and stuff.... Any other reviews out?

Yeah, I'm waiting for gamespot's review too... just so i can get a better feel for it.

Deuces2k

-WorldSpawn-
03-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Don't wait! Buy this game now, it's the Halo of racing games!!