PDA

View Full Version : Enclave ...officially dumped the multiplayer/co-op.

wulff
03-05-2002, 02:41 AM
Head over to teamxbox official enclave forum.
this sux big time.

Bundy
03-05-2002, 06:20 AM
I am really getting tired of these games not having coop, multiplayer, and especially system link. What are they doing. 2nd gen games better do a better job.

Hugh_Jass
03-05-2002, 08:20 AM
I prefer a good single player experience anyway.

Afro Aura
03-05-2002, 09:13 AM
Hey guys don't worry you may see it and at least it hasn't been cancelled, so be happy it is still coming out

RudedogX
03-05-2002, 09:22 AM
Isn't the whole point of having online capabilities to have the ability to play multiplayer and/or co-op?!? What are these companies thinking?!?

Hugh_Jass
03-05-2002, 03:04 PM
The point of having online capabilities for the XBOX is the OPTION to have multiplayer over the Internet or LAN. Multiplayer isn't a requirement in my book.

Online connectivity could also be used to download extra levels or new features. It might be used by MS for remote support.

JJaX
03-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Online wont be a given until 2003

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:39 PM
This is utterly depressing. There is no way this game now can ever be as good as once projected. Had we never been told about multiplayer and co-op i think this game would have done alot better. But now all of us are going off the common knowledge that multiplayer and co-op were nixed, we're all going to be somewhat disappointed by this game. I still believe this game can be as good as Halo, and the replay value on single player will be better (because of all the classes) but multiplayer and co-op are just too good of things to be dropped.

Razor70
03-05-2002, 03:49 PM
I think alot of these companies are seeing that the online capabilities of the Xbox are not coming into affect until later this year, so in there thinking they are probably going to wait until this goes into effect before they start bringing out games with online play. It's costly and time consuming to put the effort into online play for it not to be in effect yet. So I would look for a sequel later on most of these games that will have the online caps on it. But until Microsoft gets the online going, I wouldn't expect alot of games to come out with online caps. Just my opinion on it all.

Hugh_Jass
03-06-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Razor70
I think alot of these companies are seeing that the online capabilities of the Xbox are not coming into affect until later this year, so in there thinking they are probably going to wait until this goes into effect before they start bringing out games with online play. It's costly and time consuming to put the effort into online play for it not to be in effect yet. So I would look for a sequel later on most of these games that will have the online caps on it. But until Microsoft gets the online going, I wouldn't expect alot of games to come out with online caps. Just my opinion on it all.

Good point.

JJaX
03-06-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Razor70

I just said that like 4 post ago, But in fewer words.