PDA

View Full Version : New to site and have a problem

fireexit
12-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has recently bought a s2500-w wireless sound rocker to attach to their Xbox 360. We have it all wired up no bother and the sound quality is excellent but it completely cuts off the sound from the TV and the only sound we have then is from the chair. Does anyone have any clue as we are getting rather frustrated with the damn thing. Hope someone can help..I have emailed Pyramat to no avail and have searched and searched the internet but I'm hoping one of you smarties have the answer. Sarah:hail:

Ainokeatoo
12-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Hello and welcome to XBA sadly I can't answer your question, hopefully variation or nurb will see this thread, they're the two electronic junkies that have helped me out with my problems. Well I hope you stay around. :)

fireexit
12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Does seem a very good site now. Will definately use the site more often stumbled across it by accident really..:cheers:

Fargoth
12-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has recently bought a s2500-w wireless sound rocker to attach to their Xbox 360. We have it all wired up no bother and the sound quality is excellent but it completely cuts off the sound from the TV and the only sound we have then is from the chair. Does anyone have any clue as we are getting rather frustrated with the damn thing. Hope someone can help..I have emailed Pyramat to no avail and have searched and searched the internet but I'm hoping one of you smarties have the answer. Sarah:hail:

may i suggest you put this in the tech difficulties in the xbox 360 thread?

Soda Jones
12-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Welcome to the site, I wish I could help you, but I have no experience with that hardware.

Variation-XBA
12-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Are you able to do a splitter and have it comming out of both?

fireexit
12-29-2007, 03:03 AM
Variation, many thanks for your reply, I do not know what a splitter is but I presume this is technical stuff beyond my capabilities. Obviously the red,white plugs we have are required for the chair and then we are told in the manual to connect the yellow to the TV which is fine or we don't even get a picture but we need an additional red and white one I think so I guess thats what you mean by a splitter?

Reclaimer
12-29-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm trying to figure out how this chair works because the chair uses a wireless transmitter to beam sound from a source to the chair and you're saying the TV sound is cut out when the chair is in use.

I think we need to know more factors here like what are you using for sound to begin with? Is the chair hooked directly to the TV? Is the chair hooked up to a stereo surround sound receiver? See what I'm getting at?

The quick and dirty answer I can come up with is that your chair is acting like external speakers to your TV and your TV can detect when external speakers are present, so it turns off the TV speakers.

This is like how you set up a surround sound system. I have an RCA TV and a Samsung Theater. I run the red / white wires from the external speaker outputs on my TV to the Auxiliary sound input on my Surround Sound receiver.
Now from there, I can turn off my TV's speakers by going through the TV's menu system and only use the Surround Sound to play sound from the TV.

I suggest you explore your TV's menu options and look for something called "variable speaker" and see by turning it on or off and by turning on and off your TV's external speaker capability if that solves anything.

Variation-XBA
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
If possible, can you take some pictures how the chair is setup/plugs for us to help?