PDA

View Full Version : Oh No The Apocalypse

Ainokeatoo
12-30-2007, 09:38 AM
I swear to god MS's forums are being lit up like a god damn Christmas tree, I mean jesus christ, once out of the whole year Live is experiencing a little bit of technical difficulties a 'hiccup' if you will and it's like a fricken apocalypse. The world is going to end people, live is being a bit screwy OH NOES. Honestly now, if it were failing every other month and you couldn't even sign in at all, yeah then there's a problem but come on people, there are barely any maintenances throughout the year and maybe once a year there's the occasional problem like this, but it's not like it's every other month... *sigh* I guess the human race just gets more dramatic as decades go on.

CrazyCougar
12-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Well it doesnt help when the majority of posters over at xbox.com are under the age of 15. Also, you figure there are a ton of new folks (a lot of kids) coming online for the first time so it leaves a bad taste in their mouth to not be able to get online within the first few days of their new account creation.

Either way, MS will get it fixed and those same folks will find something else to scream about..

Ainokeatoo
12-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Well it doesnt help when the majority of posters over at xbox.com are under the age of 15. Also, you figure there are a ton of new folks (a lot of kids) coming online for the first time so it leaves a bad taste in their mouth to not be able to get online within the first few days of their new account creation.

Either way, MS will get it fixed and those same folks will find something else to scream about..

Well, yeah that's true, but they assume the whole of live is down -_- which it isn't but even some of the older assuming "mature" posters whine like little babies. I mean, all throughout this time my live and most of the people on my list *still have to add you... and laughs and sam if you're reading get on live damnit* I love most when they start complaining about a measly 50$ they have to pay a year. Honestly how long does it take you to come up with 50$? If you can't make 50$ in a year, then yeah I could understand that, but geeze >.> whatever i'm just venting. It's annoying when people bash something you like.

CrazyCougar
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately those *mature* posters have the mind of a 14 year old or less. Today is the first day I have experienced any issues and yes it can get frustrating, but people have to realize it will get fixed.

And yes, I cant stand those people that complain about the $50 a year. Thats basically $4 a month!!! Thats $10 less than a World of Warcraft monthly subscription. You get an huge arsenal of gaming for the $4 a month compared to one game in WoW. People can be idiots.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
12-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Not for nothing another big thing is it happened during the holiday season a lot of people take vacation time, a lot of teenagers have 2 weeks off, so u know they have a right to get angry... but you guys are right first time xbox live has techy problems since it came out.. so .. give them a break .... im pissed too but i understand nothing is ever perfect...

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
"Letter From Xbox LIVE GM: Marc Whitten

Sunday, January 6, 2008
Dear Xbox LIVE Members:

During this past holiday season you helped us break a number of Xbox LIVE records. This included our largest sign-up of new members to Xbox LIVE in our 5 year history and just yesterday you broke the record for the single biggest day of concurrent members ever on the service.

As a result of this massive increase in usage we know that some of you experienced intermittent Xbox LIVE issues over the holiday break. While the service was not completely offline at any given time, we are disappointed in our performance. I would like to take this moment to thank you each and every one of you for your patience and understanding as our team has worked around the clock to return the service to a stable state.

At the same time we would like to offer a token of our appreciation to all of you in celebration of record success for the service. And as a thank you for your loyalty during this holiday period, we will be offering all of our Xbox LIVE members around the world access to a full Xbox LIVE Arcade game that will be available to download free of charge. In the coming weeks we will be sharing the specific details of this offer with you.

Thank you again for helping make Xbox LIVE everything that it is today!

Sincerely,

Marc Whitten
General Manager, Xbox LIVE
Gamertag: Notwen

"

you know when people say whats so good about xbox.., look at how they acknowledge us the costumers.., what other system u know or service will do things like this.... I cant even remember... or think of one...

GamerSince'76
01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
you know when people say whats so good about xbox.., look at how they acknowledge us the costumers.., what other system u know or service will do things like this.... I cant even remember... or think of one...

At least they are doing something and that`s good but make a console without a 33% failure rate.

I sent in my Black Play & Charge Kit on November 13, 2007. The dimwits send me a white one back. Won`t match my Halo 3 system. I still haven`t gotten my Black Play & Charge Kit. The morons will probably send it in two weeks when I`m on vacation. Then it will get mailed back to them. Sure I got PGR3 for my troubles but just do it right the first time. I would have been happier getting the right item than a free game.

MXracer721
01-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Awesome I get a free Arcade game out of the deal.....all because I couldn't connect to Live for a few time? HELL YEA!!!! Technical difficulties happen, it's cool of Microsoft to step up like this. I didn't even think it was that big of a deal to be honest.

Gamer, I feel your pain on wanting a matching play and charge kit. I was looking for just a single battery pack the other day, and my buddy was giving me a hard time because the first store I went to only had black so I didn't buy it. Then I go to the next store, the girl getting the battery for me (it was locked up) was giving me crap for wanting a white one and not a black. Well, if I'm paying for it my sh*t is gonna match dammit!

GamerSince'76
01-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Awesome I get a free Arcade game out of the deal.....all because I couldn't connect to Live for a few time? HELL YEA!!!! Technical difficulties happen, it's cool of Microsoft to step up like this. I didn't even think it was that big of a deal to be honest.

Gamer, I feel your pain on wanting a matching play and charge kit. I was looking for just a single battery pack the other day, and my buddy was giving me a hard time because the first store I went to only had black so I didn't buy it. Then I go to the next store, the girl getting the battery for me (it was locked up) was giving me crap for wanting a white one and not a black. Well, if I'm paying for it my sh*t is gonna match dammit!

At one point a Tier 2 Supervisor (Matt) said "Oh and you want the right color" I'm thinking no ***** Sherlock. How about I paint one of your car doors a different color and see how you like it. This Matt guy was lousy. The request "didn't go through" when I called back 2 weeks later.

This Matt guy works a special line they connect you to if your 360 has smoke, sparks or flames. He immediately made a speech about all of that telling me to unplug my 360 immediately if any of that was happening. I got connected to that line because all other lines were a long hold time.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
01-08-2008, 11:26 AM
At one point a Tier 2 Supervisor (Matt) said "Oh and you want the right color" I'm thinking no ***** Sherlock. How about I paint one of your car doors a different color and see how you like it. This Matt guy was lousy. The request "didn't go through" when I called back 2 weeks later.

This Matt guy works a special line they connect you to if your 360 has smoke, sparks or flames. He immediately made a speech about all of that telling me to unplug my 360 immediately if any of that was happening. I got connected to that line because all other lines were a long hold time.

LMAO, the thing thats funny is i just made a rant the other day on xbox live costumer care. (because of the over sea costumer care never knowing anything about the xbox or live..) their costumer care needs improvement but its nice that they do things like free arcade to say sorry ... but honestly they should just give like 500 in xbox points or something that be awesome... xb points on them.. but oh well cant get everything you want.. in life..