PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy.......

Highlite23
03-05-2002, 09:22 AM
Just wanted to share my experience...

Went to Best Buy the other night to pick up a few DVD's and as usuall i stroll through the Console games dept.
While i was looking around i overheard an employee answering a Mothers questions about Consoles, you know the usuall, "Which is better" kind of questions. This womans son was with her BTW.
Anyway, this guy rolls his eyes and says "Well look which system everyone is playing and gathered around" pointing to the kiosks.

I looked around and i gotta admit i was surprised that no one was over by the xbox, so i walked over and low and behold, ther was nothing on the system, just sittin' there. So i walk back over to the discussion and this guy is continuing with this woman. She's telling him the kid really wants an xbox, but it's a lot of many, blah,blah,blah. So he says it again..."Look what everyone is playing that should tell you which is better" I couldn't help myself, so i said "excuse me, can you turn on the xbox so i can try it out" it was nice watching him turn red.

So he proceeds to tell me it's broken, so being in a pain in the ass kind of mood i say " how am i supposed to make a good decission if i can't play the system, isn't that what it's here for" so now the woman chimes in with the same retort.

With that i bowed out of the discussion and on the way out i stopped the store manager and explained the situation and wondered why the store wouldn't rplace the kliosk system so consumers could play. he walks over to check it out, looks behind the kiosk, and ta-da the system comes to life, it was unplugged.

I'm not sayin'........ i'm just sayin'........LOL Has this console war gone to far???

RudedogX
03-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Fanboys are everywhere! Gotta love hoe some of the idiots will try to mislead the more uninformed people who are seriously trying to make a good decision!

Nato King
03-05-2002, 09:32 AM
what is the world coming to.

Rock2
03-05-2002, 09:33 AM
I know dude I've walked in alot of places and heard that same discussion. These NERDS that don't know anything about the xbox try to sell the ps2s all of the time. I've done the same thing that you have informing customers what the xbox can really do and to tell you the truth I think that I should get commission on the systems I sell. Get these nerds informed so we can sell the ultimate system to all of the new buyers out there.

RudedogX
03-05-2002, 09:40 AM
rock2, they are informed, that's the problem! They are fanboys, plain and simple, they want their system to succeed and the others to fail, it's pathetic! I've seen the same thing several times myself and it's sickening.

yall
03-05-2002, 10:32 AM
I sent an email to microsoft regarding these unfair business practices regarding
unfair business practices by certain retailers. If you have seen any of this, I would
suggest sending them a note as well. I have seen kiosks and display machines turned off
at other retail outlets as well. Im sure MS would like to hear about this, as they
give alot of money in the form of advertising dollars to these stores, and they should know
if the store employees are undermining their efforts. Recommending one system over
another is one this, but to unfairly give the impression that a certain product is
somehow defective, is not only wrong, but possibly a violation of the contracts
between MS and the retailers.

xboxer2002
03-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Dude,
I'm glad you stood your ground at Best Buy.I had to do the same at Toys R Us.I told them if they wanted my business that I wanted that kiosk replaced.He said it would take a week.I went back the next day and LOW AND BEHOLD It's a miracle.The kiosk magically worked again.So I ran a game on the kiosk and let it go by itself,told every person browsing the game department what an awesome system the xbox is and then I told the manager that If ever came into that store again and that kiosk didn't work,I'l never shop there again(i spend alot of money there).Iwent back 3 days later and guess what???The kiosk worked and they were SOLD OUT of xboxes....I did that for all us Xbox gamers and our beloved system

Brevity
03-05-2002, 11:45 AM
The people at my local are the most illinformed dumb MF's I have ever seen ,,,I have had a lot of bad experiances there. Anyway I worked at Wal-mart last your b/4 I took so many class at college and I used all my time and energy stiring people tward Xbox and away from the lesser systems...I sold people on Xbox time and time again...And if it came to it I took down Cube and PS2 adds, posters, and stuff. People just did not know what they were buying...So I let them know.:p

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 11:55 AM
Man, at my local Best Buy, all of the employees there are HUGE XBox fans and they don't even give the PoS2 a second look! But, I guess the mentality will differ at different stores.

But, I must say, man, that guy was really stupid to say "Well, look at which system everyone is gathering around!"...I mean, is this not a pathetic statement by a follower? What kind of mentality is that? And to make that statement even while knowing full well that the XBox kioske wasn't operational at the time really makes that guy look like a major follower, to say the least.

I haven't seen this type of mentality at two different Best Buys in the Seattle area that I go to...they all seem to be biased towards the XBox...and rightly so, if you ask me.

But, I have seen this type of crap at Toys R' Us...but, it's normally by some fat ass barney boy that is infatuated with the LameCube :rolleyes:

Frink
03-05-2002, 03:09 PM
Yeah the employees around where I live are pretty big Xbox fans. I was browsing the Xbox selection and I overheard a conversation. This guy was talking to an employee about his love of First Person Shooters. He kept talking about how great Red Faction is. Well half way through the conversation the employee said, "Have you played Halo. It is way better then Red Faction. You should try it." I was suprised he said that. I was happy someone was truthfully informing people though.

On another occasion an employee told a kid not to buy a Gamecube game. He told him he had brought back the game himself. I also notice that every place I go into they are always playing the Xbox displays. It seems as though we have some local Xbox Addicts.:)

monkeyman
03-05-2002, 04:19 PM
wow when i go there its usually the xbox thats packed up and theres like a line behind the xbox people waiting to play it and im pretty sure that most of the employes like it:D

Snoopy7548
03-05-2002, 04:57 PM
yea, the salespeople in the babbages in my mall seem to like the xbox. one guy there talked me into preordering it (i was gonna buy a ps2, but he told me to preorder an xbox), and when i picked it up, there was a different guy working there, and he said that the xbox is awesome, and i wont be disappointed, and when i went to buy bloodwake there, i brought it up, and there was a different guy working there, and he was like: bloodwake, awesome game. maybe microsoft got to babbages before sony could or somethin, haha:D

xBoXGaMeR2002
03-05-2002, 06:12 PM
The funny part is that you guys call "them" fanboys. Not saying I like POS2 or anything cause it sucks, but if the PS2 kiosk was turned off, you wouldn't give a ****. So aren't you just like them?

The Terminator
03-05-2002, 06:24 PM
Maximus: I know you work at a BB, so if a consumer came to you asking which console is better, you'd probably try to point them over to the XBox.

It's just a matter of who the salesperson is. If a salesman is a PS2 fan, they'll say more ppl bought it. If the salesman is an XBox fan, they'll try and prove the other 2 machines are technologically inferior. A GCN fan will... hmm, uhh... I don't really know what they'd try to do. Say it's family oriented?

Toder
03-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002
The funny part is that you guys call "them" fanboys. Not saying I like POS2 or anything cause it sucks, but if the PS2 kiosk was turned off, you wouldn't give a ****. So aren't you just like them?

I agree with you, I wouldn't give a **** about a PS2 kiosk not working. But still Its not right to unplug a system and tell people its not working. If they have them there they should let the people play them so they can make their own desicion.

Highlite23
03-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by xBoXGaMeR2002

I don't really care if a salesperson is jaded one way or the other, But let both systems run and let the public decide. The only reason i got involved was because he was missleading to this woman, he could have just as well said, "You know i prefer the PS2 because..." and may have convinced her.

TRUE_GAMER
03-06-2002, 01:12 AM
You don't know how many times I go to Best Buy just to sell the XBOX. And I don't even work there. I'll go to where the games are and see people asking the workers and they know JACK ***** about the XBOX. So I'll jump right in and start answering questions left and right. I had to have sold 4-5 sytems and about 25 games. I have also taken customers away from BEST BUY. I'll them that they can get certain games elsewhere for cheaper (used of course) but they are happy that I informed them of this place. I also give them a Business Card of where they can get the games at and I don't even work there. But thats where I get my games from and I know all the employees and the head guy in charge.

Storm
03-06-2002, 01:27 AM
I remember when I was looking everywhere for a PlayStation 2. The guys at our Software Etc. acted like I was retarded. They were like "why would you want to get a PS2 when you can get [Insert BS here] with a Dreamcast!"

Ummm...