PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Fans Infect *LIES*

JJaX
03-05-2002, 09:39 AM
You wanna know what really Pi55es me off.

Im always running into friends and we hang and junk. Then whenever i bust out my xbox the first words are "Oh cool you got xbox, Doesnt it over heat all the time."

You know the console wars have taken a turn for the ugly when people that dont even play video games or own a system think that the xbox overheats and break. I say we find the Prick that started this Bull and beat his ass and stone him.

RudedogX
03-05-2002, 09:41 AM
Let me know when the stoning begins and i'll be there with you!:cool:

UltraMuffin
03-05-2002, 10:37 AM
Yeah, someone (a GameCube fan) was telling me the Xbox heats up so much that it can burn your finger when you touch it... and then it locks up.

Well, I've played mine for 8 hours before, and I can safely say it didn't even feel warm... I don't think the casing is even capable of heating up that much.

Phiresun
03-05-2002, 11:14 AM
I never heard of any console heating up like that, I remember my PoS1 overheating, but thats about it. My XBOX is used everyday either for movies or games and has not presented one problem. By the way has ne1 had to clean it yet?

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 11:23 AM
About a week ago, I accidentally left my XBox on all night!!! :eek: And this was after I had a very very very long Halo and UFC Tapout session at my pad...we played for 12 hours straight! No joke! Add those 12 hours to leaving it on overnight and that is some serious time that it was on!

The great thing about it is that nothing at all happened! Don't get me wrong, I don't recommend leaving it on that long...not at all, but, I did this on accident and yes, it was warm, but, certainly not to the point of burning my finger if I touched it! :D The thought gives me the hicups from laughing so hard!

Capt Marvel
03-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Silly I tell you. Its all just silly :)

thunderkiss2k1
03-05-2002, 11:59 AM
It's misinformation like this that Sony is counting on. I can't tell you how many times I've stepped into babbages and been talking to someone about xbox and had the salesperson popup with: "I've heard of a lot people having problems with xbox. You might want to get a ps2 instead." :(

stewy_gt
03-05-2002, 12:55 PM
The Xbox over-heating? That's ridiculous. From my experience, the Xbox can't over-heat. One day I started playing Halo, at 6:00pm; fell asleep, and woke up at 7:30am to see it on. I thought it was toast, but nothing happened, it only felt warm, not hot. Another time I forgot to turn my Xbox off one night (started playing at 10:00pm), and didn't realize that it was on until I reached home at 8:00 pm the following day. My Xbox still working fine. So I can't possibly see how the Xbox can over-heat. Come on, I even leave my computer on all day, every day.

Creator
03-05-2002, 01:00 PM
Well just like some of us i my self left it on accidentaly for a whole week when i went on vacation to CANCUN MEXICO... yeah thats right for a week. Lucky me i had that power safety feature that automaticly tunrs off my xbox after six hours of none use.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Creator
Well just like some of us i my self left it on accidentaly for a whole week when i went on vacation to CANCUN MEXICO... yeah thats right for a week. Lucky me i had that power safety feature that automaticly tunrs off my xbox after six hours of none use.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

D a m n, dude...not a bad idea to do! That is, puting on the none use automatic turn off thing on. But, I think that even after a week, I still think it would be okay. The XBox has fans on it...I mean, when was the last time anyone turned off a VCR or DVD player?

I'm not recommending anyone risk leaving their XBox on for a week, but, I am confident to say that it is not likely to overheat.

I doubt the XBox would overheat in the middle of the Arizona Desert let alone on my entertainment stand! PoS2 Fanboys just keep trying...and look like idiots when they make up stupid stuff like the XBox overheating. :rolleyes:

Muabdi'b
03-05-2002, 01:07 PM
My Xbox has frozen But it wasn't due to heat. NFL2K2 seems to lock up on occassion but no other game does. This is more of a software problem than it is a hardware problem.

J98GT
03-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Why would anyone think the Xbox will overheat if you leave it on all night? That's ridiculous. My computer has been on for 2 YEARS straight, and it works fine. I have left my N64 on for weeks at a time, and it works fine. My reciever is on about 80% of the time, and my old pro-logic reciever has worked fine for 8 years ( I have a Dolby Digital one now, but the prologic still gets used for my MD/PC setup). Has ANYONE actually had an Xbox overheat and break cuz it was left on?

Creator
03-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I doubt the XBox would overheat in the middle of the Arizona Desert . :rolleyes:

LOL i dont know about that one maximus but i will take your word on it LOL :D :D :D

GokuX
03-05-2002, 01:41 PM
I was talking to a guy who owns a GC and I told him that my Xbox had locked up the first week when I playing. He then proceeded to say that it was because it overheated. But I told him that it had run for at least 6 hours straight in the same exact spot the night before with no probs. I then said "what about when the GC locks up sometimes?" He said "it's just software problems." I pointed the contradiction out and he retracted his overheating comment saying, "Ok the Xbox doesn't overheat." I can't count the number of people who bring up overheating when they first see my Xbox.

xtr0n187
03-05-2002, 02:20 PM
Ive played Halo for like 13 hours straight my **** was hot because it was compounded heat by the tv it was under, however it ran fine.I think the people at microsoft knew they had a hot product that would be played for 12 hours at a time. Seems to hold well under the abuse

And besides if your really afraid of of overheating just install this handy dandy water-coolant system for the xbox

http://www.hardocp.com/articles/xbox/index.html

xBoXGaMeR2002
03-05-2002, 06:27 PM
How many more times will this be posted?

J Dub
03-05-2002, 06:37 PM
4985749285634958643986 more times! Tee hee! :)

The Terminator
03-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

I doubt the XBox would overheat in the middle of the Arizona Desert let alone on my entertainment stand!

Heh, I live in Arizona, and I can verify it does not overheat =]

I've left it on for long amounts of time, and it stays surprisingly cool. It stays a lot cooler than the other systems if you were to leave them on for the same amount of time.

Toder
03-05-2002, 06:47 PM
All I have to say is your xbox will overheat only if your fan breaks. I will say this one more time and i'm done talking about over heating. I have a friend who has a ps2 and his console got knocked over when someone walked by and tripped over the cord. When it fell and hit the ground it broke his fan and he didn't know it. And everytime he tried to play a game his ps2 would start blinking red on the power button. Well with the weight and the quick release feature with the controllers Microsoft has take the right precausions to make sure something like this doesn't happen.

manboy
03-05-2002, 08:24 PM
I say we find the Prick that started this Bull and beat his ass and stone him.

Go beat up whoever the PR people for Sony are (!!). I guarantee you that's where it started. Also, about overheating, my friends PS2 gets a lot hotter than my Xbox ever does. I've never had a single problem with mine.

Kooster
03-05-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Toder
All I have to say is your xbox will overheat only if your fan breaks. I will say this one more time and i'm done talking about over heating. I have a friend who has a ps2 and his console got knocked over when someone walked by and tripped over the cord. When it fell and hit the ground it broke his fan and he didn't know it. And everytime he tried to play a game his ps2 would start blinking red on the power button. Well with the weight and the quick release feature with the controllers Microsoft has take the right precausions to make sure something like this doesn't happen. Hehehe, thats why Xbox has breakaway cords.