PDA

View Full Version : New Offical Xbox Controller coming to US!

Ninja Scroll
03-05-2002, 10:30 AM
I was so excited once I read over a da Spot that Microsoft will FINALLY release a small version of the offical Xbox controller on April 30th!
Good thing I still have not bought a 2nd controller!:D
Now I dont gotta tell my friends to bring their own!

Man, im almost as excited for this date like as if it was a new game coming out or something!:cool:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/030402/c/c_screen001.jpg

What do you addicts think?
Cause the orginal one sucks in my opinion... shoot, my poor cousin aint even strong enough to hold it in his little hands!:(
:D

Creator
03-05-2002, 10:54 AM
i LIKE IT VERY MUCH.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Phiresun
03-05-2002, 11:10 AM
I think this is great. I personally like my regular XBOX controler, it fits well and doesn't sweat my hands out like other consoles. Even my eight year old prefers it over our Dreamcast and his cousins Gamecube. He thinks it is the best.

The Terminator
03-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Maybe this'll shutup those idiots who say that the Xbox controller was made for Shaq...

I personally will continue to use my original "giant" controller, b/c I love that control, but I will buy this one so my friends will have a controller that they like to use.

Brevity
03-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Man this info has been posted and reposted..IT IS OLD..:o

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Well, Brevity...it's the first time I heard about it and I am all over these boards. I have seen this controller, of course, but nothing official for the United States and Canada.

Thanks Ninja! Great news, but, I wouldn't say that the regular XBox controller sucks....personally, it's the best controller I have ever played with! But, I wouldn't mind picking this one up since I actually do need a fourth controller...I wouldn't mind having this one be the fourth one :)

Ninja Scroll
03-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Man this info has been posted and reposted..IT IS OLD..:o

Is that right junior? Well I scrolled down before I posted it and saw nothing of the nature.
btw, if it's so old they why did you reply then?

Also I see your a newbie so I will let your smart remarks slide this time sunshine.

Brevity
03-05-2002, 12:13 PM
What a dumb a**, I can't believe you made light of my post,,when I my self wrote on this a little while back. I found 3 old posts on this forum,( There might be more or some on other forums). I felt 3 should do to make you look realy stupid,, since you did say you went back and looked,,,,,,HA HA Jerk1st a** burn (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8147) 2nd A** burn (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8015) 3rd A** Burn (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7960)

And dont make me read these to you or post the whole thing,,,read all of these posts,,as im shure everybody else did a long time ago....:eek:

Msterrrr
03-05-2002, 12:16 PM
looks like you have the ninja by his num--chucks:eek: :eek:

Creator
03-05-2002, 12:40 PM
So it is true.. the student will someday overcome the teacher lol NINJA he got you this time lol

jeah
03-05-2002, 12:47 PM
My favorite part about the original xbox controller is the x,b,a,y buttons. I love that they are in a diamond instead of a square like that one above.

I never use the digital pad but I like microsofts smooth one. It's much easier on the thumbs. Sometimes it can be hard to get the right direction but it works great for me after a little practice.

Xtopia
03-05-2002, 01:06 PM

This looks like something I could love or hate....I wish you could rent a contoller! lol...I really love the current official controller but I think I will pick this up for my fourth controller! I have never had 4 controllers for one system! But if i dont like it I can make my buddys use it!
Anyway, Ninja, you only have one controller??? Who do you manage?:eek:

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 01:11 PM
LOL...the Ninja got slapped like a little beeeyaaatch!! :D hehe

Hey, Ninja...after you recover...bring me some of those Chicken Wings that you are cookin' for me on the Barbi....and bring a nice frosty beverage to quench your Master's thirst :D

And, make it snappy...you wouldn't want your Master to be hungry or thirsty now, would you? ;)

Storm
03-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Also I see your a newbie so I will let your smart remarks slide this time sunshine.

I thought I was 'sunshine' ! :(

:p :p :p

Anyways...I like my original controller. Nah...I love my original controller. :D

Msterrrr
03-05-2002, 01:20 PM
LOL LOL isnt this the same ninja who couldnt play his snow white DVD ,,now we find out he has lil girlie hands to boot urrmmm :) :)

looks like its time for the shawdows ,,YO

Ninja Scroll
03-05-2002, 03:05 PM
Ninja's a what?!!!!!!!!:mad:

Someone wanna call me out, cause i'll be more than happy to flame anyone who wants to challenege me, period!:mad:

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Ninja's a what?!!!!!!!!:mad:

Someone wanna call me out, cause i'll be more than happy to flame anyone who wants to challenege me, period!:mad:

lol, dude...you know you're my dawg, buddy! But, I will have to say this: Mystrrrrr also slapped you down!! hehee...:D

XboxGamerX2
03-05-2002, 03:34 PM
I LOVE my controller!

rr9597
03-05-2002, 03:47 PM
C'mon, give ninja a break, everyone makes a mistake, but man did he get u ninja. he he he. But if its reposted its always okay because usually lots of people didnt see the original posts, so its always good to repost stuff. The controller looks perfect for my hand. I swear Im in the body of a 7 year old, and im 13

Ninja Scroll
03-05-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

lol, dude...you know you're my dawg, buddy! But, I will have to say this: Mystrrrrr also slapped you down!! hehee...:D

Im not one to explain myself to newbie's & off brand members, but this time i'll make an exception.

Though I am a posting machine in da addict I have not been on the boards since last Saturday, and that consisted of only a couple post.
Now before I made this thread I scrolled down the page just to make sure I did not see a similar topic.
so I mde the thread. Bottom line.
Okay,.. now after readin replies I didnt expect to read I see a few bold newbies wanting to make me the brunt of a few jokes! Ha,ha,ha, thing is fellas- Ninja dont let ***** fly like that.

You see I noticed ever since these contest have started with the Xbox carrying case giveaway that all these boring new members (most of them anyways) are posting a bunch of nothing and making threads about ***** that dont even mean a d@mn thing. :rolleyes:
Now I know I didnt miss anything while I was away.
ButI will say this, aint no sorry ass fake wannabe xboxaddict ala " B!tch Ass Brevity" or "Msterrr I cant spell a user name jackass" gonna run over me or any of the other TRUE members!!! Believe that, boys!

Msterrrr
03-06-2002, 12:07 AM

ButI will say this, aint no sorry ass fake wannabe xboxaddict ala " B!tch Ass Brevity" or "Msterrr I cant spell a user name jackass" gonna run over me or any of the other TRUE members!!! Believe that, boys!

I see just what does this have to do with any other ~~TRUE~~ members. My comments were directed to you and no one else . so dont try to rally support,, behind that role model crap character you have built yourself to be. a posting vet as yourself dug this hole no one else.
as far as my posts go and the contest go ,, yes they have picked up in the two last days since i have had the days off and yes somewhat do to the contest ,,, isnt that whole idea behind it. ,,,site participation.
I tell you what,, if i should happen to win i will give the carry bag to you since ive seen how much you want one from another thread okay tough guy
;) how's that from a boring new member who has been here as long as you?
i find you about as entertaining as a bag of rocks ,, YO,, so dont expect another response from me ~~~peter breath~~~

batman46st
03-06-2002, 12:26 AM
I was so excited once I read over a da Spot that Microsoft will FINALLY release a small version of the offical Xbox controller on April 30th!
Good thing I still have not bought a 2nd controller!:D
Now I dont gotta tell my friends to bring their own!

Man, im almost as excited for this date like as if it was a new game coming out or something!:cool:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/030402/c/c_screen001.jpg

Cause the orginal one sucks in my opinion... shoot, my poor cousin aint even strong enough to hold it in his little hands!:(

Cool always to see xbox giving us some varietys on controlers.
Im gonna get the ps2 to xbox controer converter cause of my friends and their **** ps2 controlers ish! It's cool the one thing i love about getting a new system is da controlers and the uniqueness of it. So im happy with my xbox.

Ninja Scroll
03-06-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Msterrrr

I see just what does this have to do with any other ~~TRUE~~ members. My comments were directed to you and no one else . so dont try to rally support,, behind that role model crap character you have built yourself to be. a posting vet as yourself dug this hole no one else.
as far as my posts go and the contest go ,, yes they have picked up in the two last days since i have had the days off and yes somewhat do to the contest ,,, isnt that whole idea behind it. ,,,site participation.
I tell you what,, if i should happen to win i will give the carry bag to you since ive seen how much you want one from another thread okay tough guy
;) how's that from a boring new member who has been here as long as you?
i find you about as entertaining as a bag of rocks ,, YO,, so dont expect another response from me ~~~peter breath~~~

hahahahaha, my reply to "Msterrrrrr I cant spell my user name so that why I cant ever get a GED" is yaaaaaaaaaaawwwn, stop putting everyone asleep newbie boy.

Ninja needs members to rally behind me? Bwahahaha!:D How charming:rolleyes: I carry my own weight, unlike your corny boring ass!
Then again, your not only corny but you suck too!

Who needs a rally now? You dont wanna go one on one with da addict one!

Now where was I? Oh, back to the Xbox discussion boards to talk about things other than a wack ass newbie who cant spell his user name! Bwhahahahahahahahah!!!!!:D

Dre
03-06-2002, 09:49 AM
[...]Now where was I? Oh, back to the Xbox discussion boards to talk about things other than a wack ass newbie who cant spell his user name! Bwhahahahahahahahah!!!!!:D

Did you happen to notice that you guys registered the same month of the same year? So you are in turn calling yourself a newbie. And if you are going to pick on someone for their spelling (which I find ridiculous since boards have members of all ages, intellects, etc.) then you should at least make sure you don't make any spelling mistakes yourself. Fool.

One thing I must say however.... Ninja Scroll is the best anime out there! ;)

Dre
03-06-2002, 10:18 AM
As for the topic of controllers... does anyone know of a good programmable controller? I've been met with mixed reviews from different websites and was wondering if someone has tried one out.

Thanks

Xboxderekman
03-06-2002, 10:20 AM
I will probably get the japanese controller. That sounds pretty cool. Now the PS2 and fruitcube nazis wont have a thing to dis on about the xbox.

thunderkiss2k1
03-06-2002, 12:06 PM
Ninja, from me to you: It makes no difference how long this guy has been on the boards, he gets no respect from the peeps on this board who know you. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone gives a crap what he says. As for the new controller, I hope the analog sticks aren't as loose as those on my original controller. Peace.

l Maximus l
03-06-2002, 12:15 PM
I actually need a fourth controller and I figure, why not pick one of these up? I might like it better...but, as of right now, I would find that hard to believe since I really love the original XBox controllers. I'm so used to them...and I love the feel of them. Last weekend, I had a 12 hour Halo and UFC Tapout session and my hands didn't even come close to cramping up.

Some of you may wonder "does this guy have a life? I mean, the dude played 12 hours straight!!!" My response: "So?" :D

The Terminator
03-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Hehe, Mysterrrr is laying the smack down on Ninja! Mwuahahahah!

Just admit you were wrong. Heh heh

Ninja Scroll
03-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I actually need a fourth controller and I figure, why not pick one of these up? I might like it better...but, as of right now, I would find that hard to believe since I really love the original XBox controllers. I'm so used to them...and I love the feel of them. Last weekend, I had a 12 hour Halo and UFC Tapout session and my hands didn't even come close to cramping up.

Some of you may wonder "does this guy have a life? I mean, the dude played 12 hours straight!!!" My response: "So?" :D

How in da hell do you have a job & play a 12 hour session of games?
Please tell me waximus cause I sure wish I could pull that feat off!?:eek:

Ninja Scroll
03-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1
Ninja, from me to you: It makes no difference how long this guy has been on the boards, he gets no respect from the peeps on this board who know you. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone gives a crap what he says. As for the new controller, I hope the analog sticks aren't as loose as those on my original controller. Peace.

Thanks Thunder!;)

Okay, I dont know why people love the original Xbox controller. Im very comfortable with it now, but I would choose this new smaller version anyday. Im pretty sure the analogs will be improved along with everything else as well.
But I never had any issues with the analogs, just the massive size of the controller.
:)

veruca86
03-06-2002, 02:04 PM
:D :D :D WOO HOO, NOW MY DAUGHTER CAN PLAY HER SHREK GAME SHE MADE ME BUY HER WITHOUT ASKIN GME TO HELP HER! IT'S ABOUT TIME!
THANKS FOR THE INFO!

Brevity
03-06-2002, 02:23 PM
My Jp. controller is really nice. I played with it on two dif. games and found that I have grown too used to my old controller (the original Xbox controller). I like it but when I played Halo online there is just know learning curve for getting a new controller. Anyway since this new controller has a longer cord I wish I would have waited. But at the time I knew nothing of this new one… Big Question I don’t like the Mad Catz controller but I do want a wireless one. Do you think Microsoft will make one of there own.:)

JJaX
03-06-2002, 03:12 PM
I dont get the point of the Japanese controller.

Where all Evolved adult males right?(well most of us) I think it fits just fine. Im tired of this small hands non-sense. Grow Bigger or some Junk!

veruca86
03-06-2002, 06:40 PM
LITTLE HAND FOR LITTLE PEOPLE, KIDS, JAPANESE...SHOULD IT REALLY MATTER? LITTLE PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE TOO, AND A LOT OF US ARE WOMEN AS WELL..SILLY BOY!
I, FOR ONE AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE SMALLER VERSION.
THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT & RAVE!

Toder
03-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Hey Ninja don't worry about re threading this info again. With all these newbs joining this month its the threads have been popping up like crazy:eek: And all the important stuff gets blown back. and its hard to notice.

Personally i want one of these controllers. I need a fourth.