PDA

View Full Version : Halo help please (Hunters)

Mahlon
03-05-2002, 10:36 AM
I'm new to gaming and I've just reached the level in Halo where Hunters come after me. No matter what I do they just come over and whack me dead within seconds with that glowing arm thing. Any suggestions on how to get rid of Hunters? Thanks.

JJaX
03-05-2002, 10:37 AM
If you have distance shoot them in the face a few times to drop them. There weak spots are orange. If he charges you strafe to the side and turn around a punch him in the back in his soft spot. Hunters are fun and easy.

the easiest is to get in real close so he doesnt shoot. He will keep charging you. Fight them like a matidore(sp?) would fight a bull.

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 12:00 PM
I find that nailing him in the head with anything other than a plasma gun is very effective. Also, don't underestimate the power of the pistol. Pop them in the head repeatedly....

Also, if they are chasing you down, they can't reach you if you are running backwards. This is a great opportunity to land some close range shots right at their mug :D

Masta Chief
03-05-2002, 05:26 PM
eh dudes. What are your problems. He is new. Ok, what you need to do is aim for the head, stomache, or back with a human weapon. They work the best. If you happen to have a pistol just try and hit his orange spot. If you have an assault rifle, just keep firing at them, try and get behind him and shoot at his back. What you do is have him try to melee you, side step, then turn around and get him in the back. Or you can just snipe him in the orange spot with a sniper rifle.

clintb
03-06-2002, 09:10 AM
I love the sniper rifle for nailing them in the back. One well placed shot does it.

Sometimes, they just sit there and I nail them in the neck with the plasma pistol. The plasma doesn't do much good, but it's fun to hear them grunt when hit like that.

Cottrau
03-07-2002, 02:50 PM
If you want some fun, and you have the five minutes it takes to learn it, equip the plasma pistol, and fire a few shots at their heads so one of them comes after you.. dodge his attack, and bltchslap him in the head. Lather, Rinse, and Repeat!

xbox own$ j00.

ftyards
03-11-2002, 01:06 PM
The easiest way for the hunter is to shoot them with the pistol in the orange spot on their back. Thats a one shot kill. You can do this from a distance or let them charge and side step them when they swing and shoot them in the back.

Halo Perfect
03-13-2002, 02:55 PM
Get some distance between u and the hunter and then just hold down the trigger and pump him with some lead. If he comes @ u just back off, or move 2 the side and get some more distance. Thats how u waste them.

thestorm
03-18-2002, 11:48 PM
If u have any granades left. Stick plasma granada on him and run.
or if there are croud of 'em use the althernative granade.
And if ure well away from them.....a stream if needlers would be fine.

Cya,
Shaz

Wu3000
03-20-2002, 03:03 PM
dude all you have to do is wait until they have shot of a charge. then charge them, he will then duck his shoulder and ram you, just side step and turn around, he should still be taking a few steps from his charge, one shot with a pistol on anylevel of difficulty will put him down.
there are more ways to do it, but this is the easiest for me and it only takes 1 bullet to the orange backside. saves ammo and health.
but it does take the fun out of it.

wu

thestorm
03-20-2002, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know if there is a RUN option in Halo?

And why if i jump it take ages for the character to come down?
I thought it was due to gravity on the "Piller of Autumn" but
it's on planet halo too. Should it be like this?

Shaz

Halo Perfect
03-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by thestorm

Shaz

what r u talking about man, no gravity?? u dont say in the air forever.

thestorm
03-21-2002, 12:53 PM
>what r u talking about man, no gravity?? u dont say in the air forever.

err yeah i know that.
But the gravity is not so strong.
Like if i jump i want to come down quick.
Rather than still be coming down.

and a run feature would have been nice!

Shaz

E Nomini Patri
03-28-2002, 12:46 PM
You guys are all wasting your time with this side step and shoot, hit him in the head, melee him in the orange spot, etc. Just grab a rocket launcher and 1 shot he's dead! Easy! Har har.

I know :), just do that other stuff if you don't have a rocket launcher.

Masta Chief
03-28-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by thestorm

Shaz

I hate it when people ask dumb questions! you run automatically. Also you don't stay up for ever. Master Chief has super human strength. In other words, when he jumps, he jumps fricken high. Then when he is up there it takes time for gravity to counter act hit momentum, and pull him back down. Use yer brain!

Masta Chief
03-28-2002, 04:08 PM
I found a fun way to kill Hunters too. I jumped from above Silent Cartographer. I landed on a Hunter, but I meleed him when I did. The speed at which I was falling went into the melee. So it killed the hunter instantly. Now that, was awesome!

Software2
04-07-2002, 12:49 PM
First off, when I first started, I found it easiest to grab the plasma gun and charge it up, then fire it at the Hunter. This method (When used far away) almost ensures victory, though you'll use up a couple of guns. After I got more experienced, I found that charging in, was the absolute best method. But I have to agree that the rocket launcher is the best way to take them out, provided you can spare the ammo.

Ok, and for this other guy... I want you to stand up right now. Trust me. Now jump as high as you can... Did you do that? Good. Now, odds are, you went into the air a bit before landing. It's just like in Halo! What are the odds? Oh, and to run, press the joystick as far as it will go. To walk, just press it a little bit.

Happy Gilmore
04-09-2002, 07:14 PM
the best, most efficient, and fastest way to kill a hunter is to get up close when he chases you move to the side when he melles you shot him in the orange spot in the middle of his body. a good direct hit will kill him emiediatly(covenate guns are not very effective using this method)

Wolfpig
04-10-2002, 05:28 PM
There are a few ways to kill the Hunters easily without losing a drop of health, all depending on what your weapons are. I'll start with the easiest and work down to the hardest.

Rocket Launcher - Pop. One shot one kill.

Sniper - Pop to the orange area on the back of his neck. One shot one kill.

Plasma Grenades - Stick two of them to his back.

Shotgun - Three to four shots in the face.

Pistol - "Matador" technique. Back up in a circular motion and fire off about 10 rounds in his grill.

Plasma Rifle - At 100 battery life, you can back straight up with a red lock and fire away. Should bring the battery life to 65 when he croaks.

Frag Grenades - Takes at least five of 'em.

Plasma Gun - What a mess. Takes forever but it's fun to mess with them.

Overall strategies: If you can get behind him, you shoot that orange area. If not, you should back up and wait for him to raise his arm to swing. When he does, move to your right and he'll miss. Then you can back up more while firing and repeat this process until he dies. Sticking him with plasma grenades from an elevated position has to be one of the most fun things in the game. Of course blasting him with the plasma photon in the Banshee is pretty fun too! :cool:

munchies
04-20-2002, 01:49 PM
HAHA hunters they are easier (funner) then jackals if you know how to kill them. The easiest kinda boring way is to obiviously get a jackhammer rocket launcher or grenade and blow them to piecess. Another way is obviously sniper rifle to nice orange spots or to just beat them in the back really hard. I figure dont use rapid fire guns on them doesnt work as good but you can use pistal, sniper, etc any 1 shot gun would do it. Head shots always work too.

lonstermonster
03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I came upon the first hunters armed with only an assault rifle, my sniper rifle was empty at the checkpoint and no pistols to be found. I took everyone's advice and aimed at their orange bellies. It took quite a few reloads as I kept retreating backwards, but they finally went down. The grenade sticking didn't seem to work all that well for me, but that might just be me....
Thanks for a great forum!!!
Lonster

Fargoth
03-31-2008, 05:16 PM
I came upon the first hunters armed with only an assault rifle, my sniper rifle was empty at the checkpoint and no pistols to be found. I took everyone's advice and aimed at their orange bellies. It took quite a few reloads as I kept retreating backwards, but they finally went down. The grenade sticking didn't seem to work all that well for me, but that might just be me....
Thanks for a great forum!!!
Lonster

I find hunters quite fun. It will be once you understand how to do it the fun way. You want to get close to them but not too close but just close enough so they will stop shooting you. The orange belly is okay to aim at but I find it unreliable so I go for the back. If you are close enough they will take a lunge at you. Its pretty slow so you should have enough time to dodge it and get behind it to mow it down with the assualt rifle on the back. But only shoot for about 1-2 seconds because then it will attempt to hit behind it so just dodge that and again mow it down from behind. If this isn't your way get a heavy weapon, or a turrent.

JakofallAces
03-31-2008, 07:52 PM
i like throwing nades at their necks and also tagging them on their backs

Steeps5
04-04-2008, 06:50 PM
i pretty much agree with all the other stuff before

wow, a lot of names i have never seen before are in this thread