PDA

View Full Version : Impressive review of rallisport challenge,,(link inside)

AlBoogy
03-05-2002, 10:56 AM
Wow, if this doesn't get you to buy this game, then i don't know what will.
http://gamers.com/game/1043859

What did you think?

Creator
03-05-2002, 11:02 AM
NICE LITTLE SITE THERE. I NEVER HEARD OF GAMERS.COM BEFORE..

stang46
03-05-2002, 11:05 AM
When is the release date for this game? Sometime this month?

RudedogX
03-05-2002, 11:06 AM
I think Gamers.com was created by the person who owns EGM. Either way, good review, it just solidified my decision to buy this game!

Creator
03-05-2002, 11:16 AM
I did not see a forum in that site, i wonder if they have any????

Edit::::: never mind i am a morron, i thought the link to TALK ment to chat or something like that lol i did not think it was a forum :D :D :D

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Yeah, great review! I will definately pick this game up! Thanks Al Boogy!

But, one thing is for sure, it is a huge disappointment to me that Rallisport Challenge is not System Link capable. I guess I am slightly impatient for the next generation XBox games to come out that will completely eliminate split screen gaming by having the System Link option available.

But, that should be okay...I am very happy to see that you will be able to rip your own music so you can play your personal CD collection rather than listening to the hip hop tunes already in the game. I'm not a hip hop kind of guy.... For some reason, I can't see myself flying around a curve listening to "Oops, I did it again" by Britney Spears :D

jaxxs
03-05-2002, 11:25 AM
heres another review

http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/xbox/reviews/Rallisport_Challenge.html

AlBoogy
03-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Maximus,the icing on the cake was when i got towards the bottom and it said that you can used your own ripped music. That made me call eb right away and reserve a copy.:D

Also, if you havent seen it yet, theres a pretty good xbox preview 2002 top 10 on that site. You should check it out if you havent already.

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Maximus,the icing on the cake was when i got towards the bottom and it said that you can used your own ripped music. That made me call eb right away and reserve a copy.:D

Also, if you havent seen it yet, theres a pretty good xbox preview 2002 top 10 on that site. You should check it out if you havent already.

Sounds good, buddy! I'll check it out. I was really impressed when the review stated that the car will actually respond differently depending on what type of terrain you are driving on! I like how you can cut turns sharply on certain terrains and let off the gas and power slide on other types of terrain. I noticed that the reviewer is not a "graphics whore" as he called himself, however, I enjoy great graphics and this game definately demosntrates that it also has exactly that! Great graphics!

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by jaxxs
heres another review

http://www.gamesdomain.co.uk/xbox/reviews/Rallisport_Challenge.html

Geez....that review seemed extremely biased. Obviously a Playstation fanboy that made this review.

AlBoogy
03-05-2002, 11:41 AM
"Geez....that review seemed extremely biased. Obviously a Playstation fanboy that made this review."

You took the words right out of my mouth. Even though it was biased, it STILL got a 4 out of 5.

When you get to numbers 2 and 3 of the preview, tell me what you think. I dont think they should have put that in there. I dont know, i guess im still not convinced they are coming.

Spaztic
03-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Yep! definatly going to get this game....that secound review sounded like the person sucked at racing games!

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 12:03 PM
I am so stoked about playing this new Rallisport game.... PGR is fun, too, but, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to actually drive out of the city so I can go offroad! Of course you can't in PGR, but, you definately can in Rallisport Challenge! I prefer Rallisport games more anyway....I like to jump and go head to head with buddies...and this one seems to really take advantage of the XBox :)

I will try and pick it up today, if I'm lucky :D

AlBoogy
03-05-2002, 06:56 PM
bump,,,,,,,,

vic2003
03-05-2002, 07:21 PM
im just happy Digital Illusions is done with this game now & can start working full time on battlefeild 1942. Rallysport does look good though.