PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 at CES No News is Good News

GamerSince'76
01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Bill Gates Breaks Hearts of Xbox Fans

Announces nothing of consequence to gamers hoping for the "Ultimate" 360.
by Hilary Goldstein

January 6, 2008 - Over the past week, rumors have circulated suggesting that at his final CES keynote address, Microsoft founder Bill Gates would announce major Xbox 360 news. Two popular theories emerged: one suggested the revealing of the Ultimate Xbox 360 (a device with features that likely would put its price tag above $1000), the other was more plausible, suspecting that Microsoft would license 360 technology to manufacturers so that any hardware device could include the ability to play Xbox games. Neither became reality Sunday night.

Gates announced nothing that would excite 360 gamers. Robbie Bach, President of Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices Division, gave 360 geeks one small cheer, announcing that MGM and Disney have agreed to release content on Xbox Live Marketplace.

CES has long been a platform for Microsoft to reveal new and exciting things for the future. This year, at least for gamers, that was not the case. It's possible that February's GDC would be Microsoft's preferred platform for unveiling new hardware or services for Xbox 360.

Link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/843/843728p1.html

IMHO this is good news. MS just needs to fix Live and keep improving the stability of the 360 console. We have the best games and best online service. Even if HD-DVD wasn't sinking, there is no need to put the drive in future consoles. There are already enough versions of the 360.

Anyone else agree?

Variation-XBA
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
CES isn't generally yhe platform for video game news anyways, and after the Warner thing, there wasn't a chance they would have done an HD DVD 360. (lol cougar)

Ainokeatoo
01-07-2008, 06:21 AM
lol I'd like to see their new ultimate 360

Ry
01-07-2008, 06:27 AM
I wouldnt, if its over $1000, I'd get sad and sell my parents house and buy it, So I dont wanna see it if its over $1000.

Ainokeatoo
01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
I wouldnt, if its over $1000, I'd get sad and sell my parents house and buy it, So I dont wanna see it if its over $1000.

It's not going to be over a thousand that'd be a horrible business move for microsoft.

Ry
01-07-2008, 06:39 AM
the revealing of the Ultimate Xbox 360 (a device with features that likely would put its price tag above $1000)

You dont know really, There all greedy and want more money.

Ainokeatoo
01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
You dont know really, There all greedy and want more money.

It doesn't matter what they want, yes that's what they said, but bill gates has enough money to lower that price, and that's an estimate made by ces.

CrazyCougar
01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
The Ultimate is coming Variation, but thatnks for remembering me. I dont think MS is going to give up the Blu-Ray fight. I just cant understand why people support Blu-Ray other than lots of money being traded being closed doors to gain support.

Me personally, I dont use HD-DVD or Blu-Ray and I am quite content with normal DVD with my LCD TV.

Ainokeatoo
01-07-2008, 06:49 AM
The Ultimate is coming Variation, but thatnks for remembering me. I dont think MS is going to give up the Blu-Ray fight. I just cant understand why people support Blu-Ray other than lots of money being traded being closed doors to gain support.

Me personally, I dont use HD-DVD or Blu-Ray and I am quite content with normal DVD with my LCD TV.

You know crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a seperate blu-ray plug in thing like they did with the hd-dvd thing. Think its possible?

CrazyCougar
01-07-2008, 06:52 AM
As much as it would bunch MS's panties, I could see them going the route of making an adaptable Blu-Ray IF they lose the format war altogether. Lately sony has really made a push in the advertising industry to promote Blu-Ray and you see very little about HD-DVD.

I can understand companies going with the more well known format in Blu-Ray to avoid the format confusion in retail. So yeah, its definitely possible if it makes money for MS in the end.

Ainokeatoo
01-07-2008, 06:54 AM
I would think that microsoft would go over to blu-ray, although not for a while as dvd's are still going strong as the videos are being released alongside blu-ray but if blu-ray is the future then I'd see microsoft either releasing a new console *god I hope not* or something like their hd-dvd plug in thing.

BROOKLYNSBATMAN
01-07-2008, 11:18 AM

You know that thing is supposed to cost 1,000 dollars, i really wanna know what the hell does that bring for 1,000 bucks .. i mean seriously we're jumping from 350,400,500 bam!!! 1,000-dollars ".... i think the outcome of sales per year would be 30 consules thats a waste of time and money.. on there part if they went ahead and did this... think about it what parents would honestly buy there kid a 1,000 xbox lol its the biggest funny i ever heard ... im a grown up, making 80,000 a year i wouldnt even touch that 360 in a display... i mean honestly the only way i would buy this if it could, make the doa vollyball chicks come alive... lol

Variation-XBA
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM

No problem bro :whistle: But there's no Ultimate comming with an HD DVD drive. Sure maybe down the road a bigger HD or the wifi though.

Sucks that people decided to choose BluRay though I still buy DVDs unless the HD DCD version is a combo format (other than Transformers, I HAD to get that on HD).

You know crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a seperate blu-ray plug in thing like they did with the hd-dvd thing. Think its possible?
The nice thing is at least in the future, should Blue Ray finally 100% win, MS can make a BluRay addon after swallowing their pride.

CrazyCougar
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I really dont get the fascination with Blu-Ray other than people are being brainwashed into thinking its better. HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are the same thing other than the amount of data that can be contained on the disc. There is NO picture quality difference at all bewteen the two that the naked eye can pick up on.

I'll stick with DVD's until my hand is forced.

SamSmith
01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Would be nice if they made some real cosmetic changes, rather than just colour.

GamerSince'76
01-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Even if an "Ultimate" cost $600-$700 we all know how well a high priced console sells. What MS needs to do is make the 360 a more stable console where people don't have to worry about the RRoD. None of us are sure if they have accomplished this yet. Also work on the downtime that consumers are without their console when it breaks. One month is not good enough.