PDA

View Full Version : gameplay.co.uk faceplate

SpaceGhost2K
01-07-2008, 04:47 PM
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/slideshow.asp?title=Gameplay Xbox 360 Face Plate&productcode=XT1016&platform=XB360&image_no=1

That's the site.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/SpaceGhost2K/gameplaycoukplate.jpg

That's the plate.

I emailed them. Hopefully, they'll just happily send a replacement out and I can just throw this one away instead of having to pay for shipping back to the UK.

I'd wait to see how it goes before you order one for yerselves.

Ry
01-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Dude, that sucks, Hopfully they will, get broken in the mail?

SpaceGhost2K
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Dude, that sucks, Hopfully they will, get broken in the mail?

It was shipped in a VERY thin envelope.

Ry
01-07-2008, 04:57 PM
An envelope? wow, thats kinda cheap

JakofallAces
01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
why did you want one its nothing special spacey?? Sucks that it broke also

moltenluv
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I have that site in my favorites and have been considering ordering one for some time now. I did see one on eBay not too long ago but the seller wouldn't ship to the US. I will wait and see what happens with yours before I buy directly from the website.

Ry
01-07-2008, 05:53 PM
How much in Canada??
I dont mind the plate, Id buy it for +1 to my FPC.

Lethal AK47
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
How much in Canada??
I dont mind the plate, Id buy it for +1 to my FPC.It's GBP 4,95 for worldwide shipping. ;)

I was thinking to buy one, but I think that's one of the ugliest Faceplates! :yikes:

Ry
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I mean, In Canada prices :)

Lethal AK47
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Total price incl. shipment: 11.94 British Pound = 23.36520 Canadian Dollar

Is that what you mean? :)

racingfreak92
01-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Yeah it sucks that these things aer shipped so poorly. I had a plate shipped from the warehouse somewhere in Europe to the Uk and now its on the way to my house. It was still in its original package so hopefully its okay

SpaceGhost2K
01-07-2008, 10:05 PM
The Tropicana plates, now THOSE were ugly.

This one isn't stellar, but I like the website plates like that. I have one from a German website, too, thanks to DeafGermany1969.

Ry
01-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Total price incl. shipment: 11.94 British Pound = 23.36520 Canadian Dollar

Is that what you mean? :)

Yes, thank you:)

SpaceGhost2K
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, the news isn't good.

Good Morning,

We will need to receive the faulty item back before we can arrange to have a
replacement sent out to you I'm afraid and unfortunately this does mean you
will need to pay for the postage. The replacement item will be sent out in a
padded envelope like the other item so there is a chance this may occur
again. I apologise.

Your RMA number is (xxxx) and this should be stated on the invoice - and state on there the reason for the return and that a refund/replacement is
required. And you must obtain proof of postage.

If you have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to
contact me.

I hope you had a Happy New Year!

Kind Regards

Ellie Murrell
Gameplay Customer Services

I have to return it.... to England... with proof of postage... in order to get another one shipped the same way... which may also arrive broken.

?

So I can pay another $12 US on top of the $22 US I've paid already, and still not have an unbroken plate.

I don't think so.

I think I will add this one to my collection, as it is, and when the faceplate database is up and running, this is the one we'll use for the picture, along with a story about how it got that way and why we didn't get it replaced.

If this was a rare, expensive plate, I could understand going through this hassle. But for a marketing piece? Huh uh. I could have spent that $34 US on an actual rare, collectable plate... like, you know, a UK Launch Team plate:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160194729684&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

SpaceGhost2K
01-08-2008, 01:51 PM
My response:

Thank you for the kind response. Unfortunately, it wasn't the response I was hoping for, lol.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1042085&posted=1#post1042085

There were other people intending to purchase the same plate for their own collections, who were waiting to see how this was handled. I know, in the grand scheme of things, a half-dozen faceplate sales aren't going to make or break you, but I wish I could hold your website in a littlle higher esteem than I now do.

I have decided not to replace the plate. I'm not going to spend any more money on this issue with no reassurance that I will ever receive a non-broken plate. So, thank you anyway. And I'm not going to slam you, the site, or the plate, because I don't do things like that, but as you can see in the link above, I was upfront with the service and product to the other collectors.

Ed Webb

So, there it is. I have a broken plate in my collection. And considering what it is (a non-game, non-gaming event plate) I probably won't replace it.

Ry
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Thats sucks, congrads on the UK Launch.