PDA

View Full Version : Conclusion: Just buy ps2 and xbox

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 01:56 PM
After being inbetween for awhile I realized this is probably the best way to go. Instead of owning 10 xbox games in which you probably regularly play I'd say about 3, (which im sure alot of people have done) just save that money and buy ps2. There are too many ps2 exclusive games that us xbox owners are going to miss out on. Yeah people can say, "well project ego is going to make up for it", or "morrowind, blah blah". Well why have to hope on other things making up for it, just get both. Save your money that you would usually spend on half-decent games and only buy a console's ubergames, and rent all the others. On xbox right now the only games I can really see a point in owning are JSRF, Halo, and maybe some sports games cause of replay value but thats about it. There are too many excluive ps2 games out right now and predicted to come out soon that Im sure alot of people don't want to miss out on. For example Devil May Cry, FFX, Fifa series, twisted metals, and gran turismo. Also FFXI and Xenosagas are just some games comin out in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the xbox and I know its a much better system, I just wish game developers would realize that so I wouldn't have to begin thinking this way.

Storm
03-05-2002, 01:58 PM
I already have both. :D

dougi3000
03-05-2002, 02:00 PM
get gamecube and one of the others, either Xbox or PS2..

the Xbox and PS2 games are so similar, but gamecube has all the games that Xbox nor PS2 will have.

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 02:15 PM
May I intervene? :D

Take a look at the name of this website. It says "XBoxADDICT.com". It doesn't say "IAmAHalfAssedFanOfTheXBoxBecauseIAmAlsoAFanOfThePoS2.com"

Nor does it say "IAmALittleBabyGamerThatLovesToPlayEveryVersionOfMarioFoundOnMyLittlePurpleEasyBakeOvenCalledTheLameC ube.com"

hehe...~~XboX pRyDE!!~~

xfan2k2
03-05-2002, 02:27 PM
or you could just get an xbox and play all the same games plus many more with beter graphics, sound , and internet gaming. Dont get a ps2.... spend the 300$ on xbox games. Although I would probably buy a ps2 for 130$ or less simply because it can play game back-ups.

E-Xbox
03-05-2002, 02:29 PM
Take a look at the name of this website. It says "XBoxADDICT.com". It doesn't say "IAmAHalfAssedFanOfTheXBoxBecauseIAmAlsoAFanOfThePoS2.com"

Nor does it say " IAmALittleBabyGamerThatLovesToPlayEveryVersionOfMarioFoundOnMyLittlePurpleEasyBakeOvenCalledTheLameC
ube.com"

hehe...good job maximus

i am trying to pick up a cheap pos2...but i would neva pay full price...
maybe 1/2 price at most

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 02:33 PM
Did I once mention gamecube? Are your eyes that screwed up from spending almost every waking minute of your life on gamespy online? Thats a shame.

Well other than xba-maximus who has now haloed himself into stupidity, (hint: he is now calling himself xba-maximus, for those who weren't aware), what do other people think about this? I would much rather only support xbox so game companies need to start wakin up!

darianX
03-05-2002, 02:37 PM
Here's an alternate for ya: find a Dreamcast online cheap. I got one for $50, extra controller for $8, 800 block memory card for $9...all ya need for less than $70. And the games are pretty cheap too...you can snag used ones for under $10. There were a lot of good games on the DC so there's a nice library to pick from.

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 02:39 PM
hehe...good job maximus.

Let us all cower behind the one with almost 4,000 posts and never has anything interesting to say. Look at him and say to yourself: thats who i want to be!

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 02:41 PM
DarianX: Are there alot of good DC games released in the US? Or do you have to import alot of them?

SnOoPy
03-05-2002, 02:46 PM
I don't wana own a PS2 if I have a XBox, they both will be release the same game & there more exclusive game on the XBox. The only great agme the PS2 has that won't make it to the XBox is Final Fantasy and I still think that game ain't all that great. If its release ont he XBox I won't buy it so I don't need a PS2.

Gamecube is another story, there 1st party game is enough reason to buy the system ;)

darianX
03-05-2002, 02:49 PM
They are mostly US releases...the only import I know is Shenmue 2. (Shenmue is loads of fun, albeit lengthy and repetitive at times) There is a list of all released DC games on Sega's site...lemme find it....http://www.sega.com/images/dreamcast/the_dreamcast_checklist.pdf

Theres like 250 games on that list, and quite a few are good, PLUS the fact that they're cheap nowadays. Brand new games in the stores are $30 tops, going down from there. I might be just a cheapa$$, but I never considered shelling out major bucks for a PS2. Yes there's a lot of games there, but they're every bit as expensive as an Xbox game. That's why I went for the DC to fill in the gaming gaps.

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Dog Of War
Did I once mention gamecube? Are your eyes that screwed up from spending almost every waking minute of your life on gamespy online? Thats a shame.

Well other than xba-maximus who has now haloed himself into stupidity, (hint: he is now calling himself xba-maximus, for those who weren't aware), what do other people think about this? I would much rather only support xbox so game companies need to start wakin up!

First and foremost, did you see in my post above that I actually said that you stated GameCube? I didn't think so. I was simply stating a response to the post above mine.

Don't get your panties all tied up in a bunch and shoved up your crack and make an attempt to put me down on what I like to do....I like Gamespy, yes...and I like Halo, yes. Why is it that you are the only f'n punkass that has a problem with that? If you want to show me who's man, just get on Gamespy...I'll show you.

Frink
03-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by dougi3000
get gamecube and one of the others, either Xbox or PS2..

the Xbox and PS2 games are so similar, but gamecube has all the games that Xbox nor PS2 will have.

Is it just me or have I been noticing a lot of Gamecube fanboys in the last month. I love the "Xbox and PS2 games are so similar" line. If you don't want to completely support the Xbox then go to another forum. It doesn't bother me if people play or even enjoy other systems but if they want to down the Xbox they should just go away.

JJaX
03-05-2002, 02:53 PM

Well other than xba-maximus who has now haloed himself into stupidity, (hint: he is now calling himself xba-maximus, for those who weren't aware),

I think you need to Shut the Fuk up before you get slapped the fuk up. He put [XBA] in front of his name so we can find each other in the gamespy chat room. Dumb ass.

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 02:54 PM

Let us all cower behind the one with almost 4,000 posts and never has anything interesting to say. Look at him and say to yourself: thats who i want to be!

Alright, asswhipe...Two thumbs up for this stupid ass thread that has been discussed for several months on here time and time again. Bring something new to the table. Pretty hypocritical statement, don't you think? Dumbass. :rolleyes:

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 02:55 PM
Maximus, god of halo online, (lol and thats not a compliment)explain to me how to get on.
I got gamespy arcade and I got the tunnel software, but I don't think it will work with my config. Im on a T1 connection where my computer goes to my internal network card which goes directly to the jack in the wall. Any idea?

JJaX
03-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Maximus, god of halo online, (lol and thats not a compliment)explain to me how to get on.
I got gamespy arcade and I got the tunnel software, but I don't think it will work with my config. Im on a T1 connection where my computer goes to my internal network card which goes directly to the jack in the wall. Any idea?

Im the God of Halo online :D

Is MaX such a bad guy for helping people get on-line with gamespy. S4it son your views are fuked. I think your a complete jackass and make no sense.

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Appearently you would probably know how many times its been discussed cause you do in fact live here. But this post did have the word "conclusion" in its subject, does that mean anything to you? Can you process that?

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Jjax...it couldn't be layed out any easier:

Computer--->10/100 Network Card--->Jack in wall

Can you understand that?

JJaX
03-05-2002, 03:04 PM
Jjax...it couldn't be layed out any easier:

Computer--->10/100 Network Card--->Jack in wall

Can you understand that?

I know its simple, I know this. But many people need a step by step tutorial to do it. Whats wrong with MaX explaining it to those who need the help?

people dont know they need hubs and routers and Cat-5. Sure its simple plug and play for some. but for otheres its a task. Cant blame people for not knowing everything.

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 03:06 PM

Okay...because I will be the better man, I will help you out. Unless you want to provide an apology for your spontanious negativity to me. Not cool, man.

Here's what you need:

1. Broadband connection (you have a TI, so that will work great)
2. 10/100 HUB or (Switch)
3. A total of three standard Category 5 patch cables.
4. Download the Free Gamespy Arcade Software and the Free Gamespy Tunnel Software. Just go to this link: http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

Here's how you connect everything:

1. From your broadband modem, connect the first CAT 5 cable into it and the other end into the port on the HUB that says "Uplink"

2. From port 1, connect a second CAT 5 cable into it and connect the other end into the ethernet port on your CPU

3. From port 2, connect the last CAT 5 cable into it and the other end into your XBox.

NOTE: You don't necessarilty have to use port 1 or port 2 since every port will work as long as it's not the uplink - this is for step 2 and 3 only.

4. If you have a Switch instead of a HUB, you might want to disable the firewall if it has one. If the Firewall is active, you will not be able to create your own game, however, you will be able to join one with someone else hosting.

5. Also, you might be asked to configure your Tunnel software. Very simple.

That's it! So, get on-line so you can see what you are missing and why I am so pumped up about it! More and more people are on-line on Gamespy than ever. A lot of regulars out there, so, I'm not the only person on the planet that has strange behavior about liking Halo on Gamespy. Also, like JJax said, I have [XBA] in front of my user name so if people from this site want to be able to find me to play a game with me, they can find me easier.

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:07 PM
thanks

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:08 PM
yeah yeah, alright, sorry max and jax. just in a fighting mood today, thats all. Hopefully i'll see you all online pretty soon

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 03:11 PM
thanks

Actually, dude, there are several people named "Maximus" on there. No joke. So, that's why I added [XBA] in front of my name...so, people here can find me....also, other people added [XBA] in front of their name so others can find them, too. It's not all about me at all.

There are so many people on here that have become great on-line XBA buddies and we all thought it would be awesome to actually play against people that we know from this site on-line. It's a comradery here.

JJaX
03-05-2002, 03:12 PM
Right, because the whole world plays halo online, its soo difficult to thread through the hundred-thousands of players, and because everyone has the name maximus.
For real guys, your living in a dream world

Holy s4it man! Your a ignorant son of a fuking whore (yea your mom)

Yes there are plenty of people who go by MaXimus (Gladitor did spawn a few fans dip s4it)

And for those of us who talk on these forums thought it would be a good idea to put [XBA] in from of our names so we can all see each other when were on. Instead of remembering everyones fuking name we just have to look for the [XBA]

Fuk, can you be such a pain in the dik?

JJaX
03-05-2002, 03:13 PM
We'll tyler durden, Im glad your calm now. I just cant stand when ignorant people talk s4it.

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:14 PM
Dude, I can't annoy you that much, because you are responding. Your getting a kick out of it just as much as I was. Anyway, cya online soon, late

l Maximus l
03-05-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Yes there are plenty of people who go by MaXimus (Gladitor did spawn a few fans dip s4it)

And for those of us who talk on these forums thought it would be a good idea to put [XBA] in from of our names so we can all see each other when were on. Instead of remembering everyones fuking name we just have to look for the [XBA]

lol, JJax...I just discoverd that Dog of War actaully edited his comment and replaced it with "thanks"...lol

So, I guess Dog of War redeemed himself. I don't have any enemies on here...and don't really want any....So, I'm glad he edited it....and that's why I helped him so he can get on-line. Besides, it might be fun busting out the Sniper on him :D hehe

Hey, Dog of War...it's all good and fun to trash talk, that's why I created a trash talk thread in the general forums for Halo on Gamespy :D It's legitimate because we can actually show eachother our skills and can be seen in the end if everyone is on Gamespy...so, it's much better than just flinging trash everywhere with nothing to do about it. Just let me say that I'm looking forward to playing against you ;) hehe

JJaX
03-05-2002, 03:22 PM
That kids a tool.

he says one thing, then he says another.

-=TooL=-

http://www.uglypeople.com/uglymen/section.images/up-men-00309.jpg

Dog Of War
03-05-2002, 03:32 PM
That kids a tool.

Come on now Jjax...don't contradict yourself

I just cant stand when ignorant people talk s4it.

Just leave it be, ease up, and see you in halo, heh

Hugh_Jass
03-05-2002, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't want a PS2 if someone gave it to me for free. I hate the Sony jaggies. I just can't stand it and I don't care how good the game is otherwise. The jaggies are distracting and take all of the fun out of the games for me. I'm just too used to gaming on the PC to step back five years in graphics technology.

If I was going to own a second system it would be GC. But I am satisfied with the XBOX so the point is moot.

xBoXGaMeR2002
03-05-2002, 06:17 PM
I just love you ****ing idiots. Arguing over consoles. Who cares? ****, this is GD. Go to X-Box vs. gamecube or X-Box vs. ps2 or sumtin. Leave the GD forum like it is. We don't need ****ing fanboys spoiling our fun.

The Terminator
03-05-2002, 06:41 PM
I love these forum alliances... One person disses someone, and 4 ppl pop in throwing insults at the guy.

Anyway, while the PS2 does have a lot of good games, the XBox should be able to outdo it soon, as long as we don't see anymore disappointments...