PDA

View Full Version : 'Unlocking XBox 360' to Accept Asian Version Software

wjgbald
01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi all,
I am new to gaming with the XBox 360. I am told that in order to play XBox 360 games which I bought in Asia during a visit last Christmas, that I need to 'unlock' my US XBox 360. I bought my Xbox a couplke of months after its release. If anyone can tell me how this unlocking is done, I would appreciate it. My email address is wjgbald@aol.com. Thanks.

CrazyCougar
01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Its actually called "Modding" which is not a topic of discussion on these forums. Your best bet to play Asian games legally, is to buy a 360 from the Asian market.

Reclaimer
01-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi all,
I am new to gaming with the XBox 360. I am told that in order to play XBox 360 games which I bought in Asia during a visit last Christmas, that I need to 'unlock' my US XBox 360. I bought my Xbox a couplke of months after its release. If anyone can tell me how this unlocking is done, I would appreciate it. My email address is wjgbald@aol.com. Thanks.

In before the lock!

I was thinking you can change the region of the DVD-Rom. That's what mainly prevents you from playing US games on a Asian market device and vice versa.
You are allowed to change regions only a few times.

Either way, call that Microsoft customer support phone number.. 1-800-4my-xbox and explain it to them.

Ainokeatoo
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
This is honestly something I don't get, why can't all games on the system be compatible with the system no matter where you bought it from. The reasoning behind this is utterly retarded, I mean one way or another microsoft gets their money, whether the game is from japan, UK, US, or canada >.> I mean jesus.

Reclaimer
01-11-2008, 04:57 PM
This is honestly something I don't get, why can't all games on the system be compatible with the system no matter where you bought it from. The reasoning behind this is utterly retarded, I mean one way or another microsoft gets their money, whether the game is from japan, UK, US, or canada >.> I mean jesus.

Some games are region free.

CrazyCougar
01-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Either way, call that Microsoft customer support phone number.. 1-800-4my-xbox and explain it to them.

I had to chuckle when i read this...LOL!

Variation-XBA
01-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Actually, there are a very few select games that are from overseas, but arnt region coded for whatever reason. play-asia has a listing you can check out there. But yea, to basically "unlock" your system, you just need to call the xbox # and explain it.

JackTheWhack
01-14-2008, 07:58 PM
As stated before, certain games are region free, therefore you can play the games no matter where you live. By changing the region, it doesn't move the region of the dvd rom. The only way to change that is by modding the system, which I won't get into here, nor do I know how to do in any way. You would need to purchase the 360 from that respective country in order to play their respective game.

*Whack*