PDA

View Full Version : FC Munchen sumethin somethin

SpaceGhost2K
01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Moltenluv, ghostrider and I, and deafgermany too for that matter, all lost this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170182939607&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=007

Tom did some checking and found the FC Munchen sumethin somethin website.

Now I could post it here, but we all know what happened last time someone did that with the Saints Row plate.

So here's what I'm going to do.

The plate in the auction sold for 21.71 Euros, which I think is roughly $32 US. Then there was shipping on top of that, which was only listed for Germany for about another $6 US. Shipping to the US would probably have been $12-$15.

So here's what I suggest: This website sells them for $19.99 Euros, or about $30 US. Anyone who wants one of these plates (or more) can PayPal me $40 per plate. They will ship them together (all to me, which means they will be packed better than if they went one at a time like my UK plate). Once they arrive, I will USPS Priority mail them to you. Packed well, btw.

That $40 will cover the PayPal fee for the transfer, your part of the international shipping, and shipping to you once they get here.

The alternative is waiting for "some guy" to post one on eBay and you never know when that will be, how much it will go for, when it will close (LOL! sorry, moltenluv) or what it's going to look like when it gets there.

Of course, if you prefer to deal with them directly, PM me and I will give you the link. I just wanted to spell out my idea before I just threw the link out there. I'm not trying to "hoard" it or anything.

Post in here if you're interested. I'll PM you the PayPal info tomorrow. And hopefully, I can get them ordered on Monday. Keep in mind, I don't think the site takes PayPal. I'm using my CC.

Ry
01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I cant read anything, its in german, whats the plate about?

racingfreak92
01-11-2008, 04:41 PM
It seems like some kind of soccer company

gh0st_r1der
01-11-2008, 04:45 PM
It seems like some kind of soccer company

Soccer company, LOL, this answer is cracking me up, LOL

FC Bayern Munchen is the best German soccer team.
For americans Bayern Munchen doesn't mean anything, I highly doubt you can re-sell the faceplate in USA for much more than $30-$40, but if you get the faceplate signed by some popular Bayern Munchen team player, the faceplate can fetch 100EUR easy in UK and Germany.

Variation-XBA
01-12-2008, 03:01 AM
That's one ugly plate, right behind Tropicana

SpaceGhost2K
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
That's one ugly plate, right behind Tropicana

Are you mad? It's a little "marketing" looking, but it's nowhere near the same league as the Tropicana plate. Come, now.

Variation-XBA
01-12-2008, 02:19 PM
No, not mad, just think it's hideous....