PDA

View Full Version : Drum Off!

TheCovenant
01-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Since i Read that there are quite a few *pretend* drummers here, i hereby move that we should have a drum Tournament!:cool:

It's been long enough for most people to get in the groove of things, but in case you haven't, there could be 2 tiers (Hard, Expert).
Each round will consist of 3 songs (a la guitar hero 3). Each player Picks a song, and the third one can be agreed upon, or can be chosen at random by a third party here at XBA (must be posted in this thread however. Ill keep updating the top page to see how every one is doing. You can only pick either the Hard tier, or Expert Tier, not both (an expert player can dominate on hard, and then go on to win expert, which is no fun, on the other hand, no expert player would want to be crowned best of a lesser tier, so it works out).

So, anyone down for some wailin'? :cheers:

EDIT: in an effort to try and not exclude anyone, i have moved the tiers to Medium and Hard :) If you have rock band, you have no reason to not be part of this super-awesome fun ordeal!

XBA NAME-GAMERTAG-Tier

[1]TheCovenant - Descartes Truth - Hard
[2]Fatbox - Fatboxx - Hard

FatBox
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Sure I'll play once I fix my kick pedal (might not be fixed until Monday) and I'll take place in the expert division. :D

TheCovenant
01-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Sure I'll play once I fix my kick pedal (might not be fixed until Monday) and I'll take place in the expert division. :D

COOL! no worries about the pedal man, i wanna get a good 6 people on one tier before anything gets started =)

C'mon people's, you know it'll be fun! Maybe i should put something on the line to add incentive...

Soda Jones
01-16-2008, 11:32 PM
If you buy me the game, I will play.

Variation-XBA
01-17-2008, 12:16 AM
I cant even play Easy, so Im out :(

CrazyCougar
01-17-2008, 06:42 AM
I can barely get through medium. But Hard or Expert...yeah right! LOL! I'll gladly be a spectator in the crowd for this one and save ,yself some embarrassment.

TheCovenant
01-17-2008, 10:45 PM
hmm, maybe i should ex out the hard tier all together and make a medium tier? I dont wont it to be for exclusively hardcore rockband players, i want everyone to join in the fun!

Maybe its too early for expert (theres expert songs i cant come close to doing, IE dead on arrival-fall out boy.)

Yay or nay?

Soda Jones
01-18-2008, 12:15 AM
By the way Covy, good to see you, wish I could join you but I'm poor right now.

Reclaimer
01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
I've been playing a couple of songs on Hard with some decent success.
Dead or Alive
That song by Hole
Welcome Home / That Cambria? whatever song.
The Flyleaf song.
Creep
In Bloom

I mean I could do a drum off on medium, but I'd prefer to do it on hard because it would be more of a challenge.

But the more I play Rockband on drums the more I notice that I don't think the drums are as responsive as I would like them to be. Especially the kick drum feeling a bit laggy and this with me calibrating everything several times already.

TheCovenant
01-21-2008, 10:24 AM
I've been playing a couple of songs on Hard with some decent success.
Dead or Alive
That song by Hole
Welcome Home / That Cambria? whatever song.
The Flyleaf song.
Creep
In Bloom

I mean I could do a drum off on medium, but I'd prefer to do it on hard because it would be more of a challenge.

But the more I play Rockband on drums the more I notice that I don't think the drums are as responsive as I would like them to be. Especially the kick drum feeling a bit laggy and this with me calibrating everything several times already.

Okie dokie, that does it. Ive changed the tiers to medium and hard. I want to include as many people as possible, including you REC :)

Soda Jones
01-22-2008, 12:52 AM
So I've been gone this whole weekend, most of that is because I was playing Rock Band at my friends house about 20 hours a day for the first time.

I play the drums. I get high 90's on medium on pretty much every song, havn't tried to step up to hard yet though.

TheCovenant
01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
So I've been gone this whole weekend, most of that is because I was playing Rock Band at my friends house about 20 hours a day for the first time.

I play the drums. I get high 90's on medium on pretty much every song, havn't tried to step up to hard yet though.

do i detect an entree for the medium tier?

Soda Jones
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
do i detect an entree for the medium tier?

Problem is I don't own rock band, and my live account is expired. I have no money to remedy either, sorry :(