PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums!

ricanelite
01-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Hey all I'm new to Forums and my New Years is a couple of things gaming related and two of them are to get a collection of Faceplates together and also is to finish the games I purchase which I have not done in a long time. Now a friend of mines ion xbox live told me to head here where a lot of threads and talks on the forums which I was surprise. Also I love the layout here on this site which looks awesome.

Is there any sites you all could suggest on where I could find some faceplates. Now of course I will like to find some rare ones. But I want to slowly move in on this collection I want to do. So if you could reply back on any sites or if there is any past threads where sites are listed please let me know. Of course I have been searching on ebay as well. Just curious if there is any other sites out there. Thanks!

Ry
01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Welcome to XBA!, there is an Welcome forum, maybe a mod will move it.

gh0st_r1der
01-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Is there any sites you all could suggest on where I could find some faceplates

You have to look no more. You are at the website where you can find any faceplate ( if available ... you can find here even rare ones ). All you need to do is just ask ( i.e. post message here )
Feel free to ask me about any faceplate you are interested with.
Cheers
:cool:

SpaceGhost2K
01-16-2008, 12:42 PM
You have to look no more. You are at the website where you can find any faceplate ( if available ... you can find here even rare ones ). All you need to do is just ask ( i.e. post message here )
Feel free to ask me about any faceplate you are interested with.
Cheers
:cool:

gh0st_r1der is a good connection for the more rare plates, and we also give each other a heads up when we find plates on eBay or other places on the net. And if you want customs, there are three or four people in here who do them.

And welcome :)

ali rock 110
01-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Like Space Ghost, I can recommend Ghost_Rider wholeheartly. I've done business with him twice and my stuff arrives very quickly and well packed. Also, you shouldn't go any further until you've read Space Ghost's thread called "Important: Starting a faceplate collection.", it really helped me lay out some ground rules for scouring EBay for rare plates and since I've stuck to them I haven't been burned yet(I've been doing this since the middle of december and today I got my 12th plate and I know that they are all real).

But really I wanted to say hello, and let you know that you came to the true Bastion of faceplate collector's. Do yourself a favor check out some of the collections of our other members, it will really help you flesh out some kind of idea of what you want and how you're going to get it.

Laters

Ali

GamerSince'76
01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Welcome to XBA !!!!!

Shawn-XBA
01-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Welcome to the site! You came to the right place to find faceplates.

mattgame
01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Welcome to XBA. Usually I'd tell you what to bring to your initiation, however, I will only suggest that you kiss your family goodbye. It's going to be a long night.........................................................................

racingfreak92
01-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey rican! Good to see you join. check the "Heads up" thread for newest deals and ebay listings.

Ive found that smaller sites (particularly European ones) sometimes have rare plates for cheap. but trading with people here and on ebay are the best places for faceplates.

Rican tell me how that bioshock faceplate comes in, you got it for a REALLY good price, hope it dosent get damaged

ricanelite
01-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Will do Racingfreak. Thanks everyone here in the forums on welcomeing in. Helping me out.

Yeah, Bascially mainly I just want some faceplates just to dress up my 360 because I'm getting really bored just looking at the plain old white on my console. So I know if I get a collection of faceplates, I wont get so bored. I really want to get another 360 console and get a hole case for the xbox 360. I have seen some nice looking Xbox 360 cases where they were see thru and LCD Lights. Lookes very nice.

Thanks everyone. You will see me here on the forums a lot. Not just for faceplates for gaming related in general because I love games and have a great knowledge of it as well.

JakofallAces
01-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Will do Racingfreak. Thanks everyone here in the forums on welcomeing in. Helping me out.

Yeah, Bascially mainly I just want some faceplates just to dress up my 360 because I'm getting really bored just looking at the plain old white on my console. So I know if I get a collection of faceplates, I wont get so bored. I really want to get another 360 console and get a hole case for the xbox 360. I have seen some nice looking Xbox 360 cases where they were see thru and LCD Lights. Lookes very nice.

Thanks everyone. You will see me here on the forums a lot. Not just for faceplates for gaming related in general because I love games and have a great knowledge of it as well.

well if you were going to change your entire case get ready to deal with the consequences like if you get the rrod then your are screwed. but for plates just check ebay unless your a serious about getting really rare stuff because the stuff you sound interested in is just limited edition plates for games. So unless you wanna be spending 100+ on a plate then i would stick with ebay.